GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Matrix Trilogy - Rate the films"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/11/03 at 17:18
Regular
Now that the trilogy is over(?) lets take a look back and reflect on what we have seen. On IMDB this is how the trilogy stands regarding the ratings. Although Revolutions is yet to be updated again.

The Matrix (1999) - 8.5/10 [102,241 votes]
The Matrix Reloaded (2003) - 7.3/10 [34,173 votes]
The Matrix Revolutions (2003) - 6.5/10 [393 votes]

Would your ratings be similar to these? 10 being the highest 1 being the lowest (e.g Battlefield Earth 1/10 and not 5/10 which most consider average) Add + or - comments for each of the films if you so desire. To start the ball rolling here's mine;

Matrix : 7/10
+ Refreshing story
+ The whole slow motion thing
+ Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne and Hugo Weaving did good
- No matter how hard I try I can't think of any negative comments at the moment @_@

Reloaded : 5/10
+ The fight scene with Neo and Smith was good
+ Car chase was nice ^__^
+ The special effects were good
- The semi naked rave didn't make sense to me, although if you're going to die you may as well party.
- The whole Neo and Trinity thing didn't appeal to me ~_~
- Still too many questions unanswered, I expected them to have half accomplished taking over the Matrix not sit around waiting for the Oracle
- Quite a few annoying characters like Niobe >_<

Revolutions : 6/10
+ A nice fight between Smith and Neo
+ Breasts ^__^
+ The Mechas were good didn't need the Braveheart speech though
- A bit confused on where everything was going as I watched it
- Not how I would have ended it
- Still a bit confused about it all

Overall : The trilogy was good overall, could have been a lot better towards the end, I was a little disappointed after Reloaded which didn't live up to my expectations and to me they had so much to do in the final movie as I expected everything to be resolved in the end. If the rumours of more films being made in the future are true, then that could be interesting. The whole Matrix idea is good, so hopefully they'll come up with some better ideas.
Sat 08/11/03 at 23:23
Regular
"cachoo"
Auf deutsch™ wrote:
> "Hrmm...Upgrades" I swear he never moves his lips when he
> talks.

Hehe, true! It's funny when he's fighting and somehow manages to be so casual and talk at the same time.
Sat 08/11/03 at 19:00
Regular
Why is there no edit your own post option?

+ The Cool shot of Neo punching through the end

*+ The Cool shot of Neo punching through the rain

Sorry 'bout that
Sat 08/11/03 at 18:57
Regular
Auf deutsch™ wrote:
> The Matrix - 10/10
> + One of the deepest films ever
> + Great special effects (considering the $65 million budget)
> + Bullet-time
> - Ermm...
>
> The Matrix Reloaded - 7/10
> + The Opening with Trinity
> + The Chateau fight
> + Persephone
> + (Mostly) Great Special Effects
> - The Stupidly long Burly Brawl
> - The Script
> - "Hiya Fellas"
> - Trinity's sudden manliness
>
> The Matrix Revolutions - ?/10
>

Now I've seen The Matrix Revoultions, I would give it a 5/10
+ The S&M Club fight (a few cool shots of the three some upside down)
+ The Cool shot of Neo punching through the end
+ The new Oracle
+ Persephones boobs
(I have to copy The Dark One for this, he's spot on)
- The war sequence is way too long
- No Agents
- Still questions that are unanswered
- A poor end to the trilogy
Sat 08/11/03 at 13:51
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
The Matrix - Excellent 5 stars

The Matrix Reloaded - I'm one of few who thought this was better than the original, 5 stars again

The Matrix Revolutions - Wasn't impressed at all. 2 stars
Sat 08/11/03 at 13:36
Regular
"\\"
You'll recieve one of three ratings.

1= yay =good
2= meh =ok
3= nay =bad
4= muh =don't know

The Matrix = 1 (real good film with a great plot)
The Matrix - Reloaded = 3 (sorry, was this the sequel to one of the greatest ever films?)
The Matrix - Revolutions = 2 (sorry, was this the sequel to one of the worst films ever, sequel to one of the best films ever? It has improved since reloaded)
Sat 08/11/03 at 13:23
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
The Matrix - Ground Breaking, 5 Stars

The Matrix Reloaded - Lacking in plot and depth, 2 stars

The Matrix Revolutions - Ends the trilogy in style, 4 stars

Read my review of The Matrix Revolutions in this forum. Can never get enough feedback :D
Sat 08/11/03 at 12:58
Regular
My views on the trilogy:

First of all, The Matrix(1999). A superb film, with it's original storyline, excellent special effects, and likable characters. It was obvious that any films coming after this were going to have to be something pretty special, if they were to escape the dreaded 'sequels don't work' finger pointing that critics are so fond of.

Then, Reloaded(2002). Now this is a strange one, it seems to me what happened here is they thought "People liked the whole Smith/Neo fight thing at the end of the matrix, let's make a whole film out of Kung Fu". So they did, they put every cent into creating amazing, 5 minute long fight scenes, which although very impressive, didn't advance the story very well, and left you feeling short changed overall. As far as the story goes in this film, it could have been slashed to a length of about half an hour and would still have made just as much sense. I enjoyed it greatly though, even though the creators seemed to be running out of ideas.

Finally, Revolutions(2003). Much more impressive to me. The film has a far darker atmosphere to it, in the same way 'the empire strikes back' did in star wars. The 5 minute long fight scenes are gone almost completely, and instead the story concentrates almost wholly on the struggle for Zion. In my view a wise choice, as there are only so many 'jumping off the wall in slow motion' fight scenes you can watch before it becomes stale, regardless of how much money you spend on them. The ending I felt was well thought out and fitting, although still leaving several possible plot developments for the future. That said, I think making another film should only be attempted if the plot is something special, for it to integrate with this trilogy, and not become some terrible re-hash born solely for the lining of pockets.

I enjoyed this trilogy a lot and am quite amazed just how different from one another each of the films are.

Final Marks :

The Matrix - 9/10
Reloaded - 7/10
Revolutions - 8/10
Sat 08/11/03 at 03:55
Regular
Matrix 10/10? wasn't exactly perfect...
Sat 08/11/03 at 00:44
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I really quite liked Matrix Revolutions, and the ending. Much more than Reloaded, It felt 'complete'.
Fri 07/11/03 at 23:20
Regular
no they were not.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.