GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Arsenal Bans/Fines"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/10/03 at 16:12
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Taken from TheFA.com

At a Disciplinary Commission hearing today, Arsenal FC have been reprimanded, warned to their future conduct and fined £175,000 for failing to ensure the proper behaviour of their players...

Ashley Cole has been reprimanded, warned to his future conduct and fined £10,000 for improper conduct relating to his involvement in a confrontation with Cristiano Ronaldo after the final whistle.

Patrick Vieira has received a one-match suspension and a £20,000 fine for improper conduct in failing to leave the field of play following his sending-off.

Ray Parlour has received a one-match suspension and a £10,000 fine for his improper conduct in separate confrontations with Ruud van Nistelrooy and Gary Neville after the final whistle.

Martin Keown has received a 3-match suspension and £20,000 fine for violent behaviour in his actions towards Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Lauren has received a total of a four-match suspension and a £40,000 fine for violent behaviour in forcibly pushing van Nistelrooy in the back following the final whistle, and for improper conduct in confronting van Nistelrooy after Patrick Vieira's sending-off and kicking out at Quinton Fortune following the penalty award.

The Commission ruled that all suspensions should be served with effect from Monday, 17th November.

Arsenal FC and the players all admitted the charges, which related to incidents during the match against Manchester United at Old Trafford on Sunday 21st September.
Thu 30/10/03 at 16:12
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Taken from TheFA.com

At a Disciplinary Commission hearing today, Arsenal FC have been reprimanded, warned to their future conduct and fined £175,000 for failing to ensure the proper behaviour of their players...

Ashley Cole has been reprimanded, warned to his future conduct and fined £10,000 for improper conduct relating to his involvement in a confrontation with Cristiano Ronaldo after the final whistle.

Patrick Vieira has received a one-match suspension and a £20,000 fine for improper conduct in failing to leave the field of play following his sending-off.

Ray Parlour has received a one-match suspension and a £10,000 fine for his improper conduct in separate confrontations with Ruud van Nistelrooy and Gary Neville after the final whistle.

Martin Keown has received a 3-match suspension and £20,000 fine for violent behaviour in his actions towards Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Lauren has received a total of a four-match suspension and a £40,000 fine for violent behaviour in forcibly pushing van Nistelrooy in the back following the final whistle, and for improper conduct in confronting van Nistelrooy after Patrick Vieira's sending-off and kicking out at Quinton Fortune following the penalty award.

The Commission ruled that all suspensions should be served with effect from Monday, 17th November.

Arsenal FC and the players all admitted the charges, which related to incidents during the match against Manchester United at Old Trafford on Sunday 21st September.
Thu 30/10/03 at 16:25
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Breaking it down:

Viera gets away with no more than a £20,000 fine (is that even half a week's wages?), as he's injured anyway. *shrugs*

Parlour gets away with identical punishment to that of Cole, despite having committed twice the number of offences.

However, I think the fine to the club itself is fair.
Thu 30/10/03 at 16:31
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I think that has been VERY lenient on Arsenal's behalf.

Is this a case of the FA backing down because of the fuss Arsenal kicked up before it? And, I'm sure they didn't want to make the headlines yet again by enforcing lengthy bans for players which their actions deserved.
Thu 30/10/03 at 16:32
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
I'm stunnde they bothered to ban anyone at all. It's usually just a tirade of "warnings as to future conduct" and £3,000 fines.
Thu 30/10/03 at 17:44
Regular
Perhaps a few more games ban for Keown would have made me smile but all in all pretty good on behalf of the FA.
Thu 30/10/03 at 18:47
Regular
Andy Cole threw punches in the weekend worse than any of our players did so is he going to get punished more than his red card?
Anyway losing some players won't matter now, at least we'll be letting players like pennant and Volz to come back from their loans to play for us.
Thu 30/10/03 at 20:02
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I never knew Andy Cole was like that. I think he should be fined and banned for 5 matches.

I also think players should be fined weeks wages, instead of a fixed fine like £20,000.
Thu 30/10/03 at 20:05
Regular
"I like cheese"
Lenient.

Parlour should of had it much worse, in my opinion.
Thu 30/10/03 at 22:18
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I think any kind of financial punishment is almost totally irrelevant due to the gross wages that these players are raking in each week... to fine Viera £20,000 is almost like pennies to him (or 3 days wages... around £70 to a typical person, but less important to Viera due to the millions he already has in reserve)

A leauge points docking system or an automatic player banning system would be far more fitting and far more hurtful to any club and equally appropriate for these offences in my opinion.
Thu 30/10/03 at 22:32
Regular
Did we punch anyone? no.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.