GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conker vs Banjo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/03/01 at 10:59
Regular
These 2 games are likely to both be released next month but which would you buy if you could only have 1 of them?

I like the sound of Conker, but apparently there isn't much to the game other than the filth. But as it hasn't been seen on the N64 before it might be popular.

Banjo has already starred in 1 very good game, ,and this one is supposed to be even better. The single player game is bound to have tons of secrets so will keep you playing for a very long time.

Also both games have multiplayer modes, so they offer the same appeal on that level.

If I had the choice I'd go for Conker, just because there aren't any other games like it. It probably plays much like Banjo anyway, but you've got the added bonus of the humour in it. There aren't many games that can put humour in well, so hopefully this will be 1 of them.
Thu 08/03/01 at 10:59
These 2 games are likely to both be released next month but which would you buy if you could only have 1 of them?

I like the sound of Conker, but apparently there isn't much to the game other than the filth. But as it hasn't been seen on the N64 before it might be popular.

Banjo has already starred in 1 very good game, ,and this one is supposed to be even better. The single player game is bound to have tons of secrets so will keep you playing for a very long time.

Also both games have multiplayer modes, so they offer the same appeal on that level.

If I had the choice I'd go for Conker, just because there aren't any other games like it. It probably plays much like Banjo anyway, but you've got the added bonus of the humour in it. There aren't many games that can put humour in well, so hopefully this will be 1 of them.
Thu 08/03/01 at 11:28
I'ld have to disagree with you, from the previews Ive read of Conkers Bad Fur Day it seems like it is another Great game from Rare. Both games Banjo Tooie and Conkers Bad Fur Day seem great!
The dirty humour in Conkers Bad Fur Day is just a Bonus for the more mature N64 gamer. So basically if your under 18 buy Banjo Tooie, over 18 then buy Conkers Bad fur Day.

Personally I cant wait till Conker gets a UK release, the screenshots look great, the game apparently plays great, its funny and it has some great multiplayer game modes too. This will be the N64 game to own when its released!
Thu 08/03/01 at 11:38
Regular
"not dead"
I really think I should get Banjo Kazooie before thinking about Banjo Tooie!

But I agree with Jimmy here. Conker will no doubt be great, even if it didn't have the toilet humour. Rare are too professional to spend so long on this, then screw it up!
Thu 08/03/01 at 11:48
Oh well done on Winning Gameaday yet again Meka, The Force is truely with you!
Thu 08/03/01 at 12:00
Regular
"not dead"
Cheers. And to prove I'm at one with the force, I'm claiming Battle For Naboo!
Thu 08/03/01 at 13:36
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Not to boast but I am getting both games through SR, and I am equally looking forward to both but the one game that sticks in my mind is Conker, I don't know if its the content and style that sticks in my head and intregues me but as I have 'explored' the world of Banjo I want something new. I know you can't get enough of a good thing and that is why I am getting Banjo-Tooie but it is the new 'attitude' of Conker that makes me want to play it. I can't explain it and I know that it is a good game so this is understanding.

If I could have just one of them I would have Conker, probably because it is that game that I want most. Don't get me wrong I really am Looking forward to Banjo-Tooie and the fact that the Americans have had it before us doesn't bother me 1 bit because I know that we will enjoy it just as much and it isn't as if the games levels are deleting every week Nintendo put the rlease off!

But I can't explain the other thing about Conker, it might be a simple thing, but I am just sooooo tied up with listening to Loenard Cohen that I can't concentrate on anything else!

The Game
Thu 08/03/01 at 17:44
Regular
"You've upset me"
What about IJATIM?? That looks like a quality game and that should be being released next month...

I personnaly can't wait!
Thu 08/03/01 at 17:50
Regular
"You've upset me"
Does anyone else feel that however good Conker turns out to be it will sell by the bucket load anyway?

It's been so hyped by the game media that if it turns out to be below par, people will buy it anyway. It happens with films aswell, if they're banned then the publics interest rockets.

Even if Conker isn't released in the UK people will be so desperate to play this adult game that they will happily start buying import copies and using a 'Passport' to play it on.
Thu 08/03/01 at 18:41
Regular
"Whatever!"
I too will be getting both - But if I could only get one it would have to be Conker BFD!! Both games are suppose to be Rare at their very best, but the humour in Conker sounds right up my street!! Plus as said before this sort of game has never really been seen before and should be a thouroughly enjoyable game!!
Thu 08/03/01 at 20:08
I'ld have to agree humour is missing in alot of games, and its a pitty because it can really make a good game great! This is one of the reasons why the Monkey Island series of games is so good, Conkers Bad Fur Day will also deliver spot on humour and hopefully will sell by the bucketload!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.