GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Good DVD commentaries"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/10/03 at 11:42
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I got the Simpsons Season 3 boxset, and watching it with commentary on is as good as watching the episodes themselves. This is definitely my favourite season, and you could tell the writers and staff enjoyed making it. All 24 episodes have commentaries by Matt Groening, at least one of the writers, directors, and most of the cast (Harry Shearer is especially funny).
Sun 26/10/03 at 11:42
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I got the Simpsons Season 3 boxset, and watching it with commentary on is as good as watching the episodes themselves. This is definitely my favourite season, and you could tell the writers and staff enjoyed making it. All 24 episodes have commentaries by Matt Groening, at least one of the writers, directors, and most of the cast (Harry Shearer is especially funny).
Sun 26/10/03 at 12:02
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Good DVD commentaries:

Fight Club - David Fincher, Brad Pitt, Edward Norton, Helena Bonham Carter and loads of other people. They point of loads of things I never noticed before.

Any Kevin Smith movie - Mallrats in particular, especially when they start ribbing Affleck and calling him 'Buttman'.

Rules of Attraction - great movie, great commentary. Pretty much every actor does their own one, and so does Carrot Top, for some reason.

Donnie Darko - because it explains the film.

BrassEye - done by drugged up tramps.
Sun 26/10/03 at 12:08
Regular
"Party Hard"
Trigger Happy series 2. Hilarious.
Sun 26/10/03 at 13:17
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
I remember particularly liking the original PTA commentary on the first R1 version of Boogie Nights. Don't even know what I liked about it so much, maybe just becasue it was one of the first I listened to. The track on Ronin is good too, hillariously they think they're making a serious, important movie. Series one of Pheonix Nights was another good one, must give series two a blast. Oh, I know Blair Witch is now very passe, but it had a blindingly good commentary.

Got to mention the Kevin Smith commentaries too - all great, espicially Clerks. Jason Mews passing out half way though, fantastic. Got such a reputation that An Evening With Kevin Smith is basically just a commentary without the movie.
Sun 26/10/03 at 13:49
Regular
All the Evil Dead movies have excellent commentaries, particuarly Evil Dead 2.
Sun 26/10/03 at 14:43
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Hearing Tarantino babble is usually amusing.
Sun 26/10/03 at 21:14
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Donnie Darko - because it explains the film.

Damnit, the one I bought only has the cast commentary on - I want the one with the producers/whatever where they explain the film. also, mine doesn't have the deleted scenes. that's what you get for being a cheap bstrd and buying ex-rental
Mon 27/10/03 at 10:54
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I just remembered! Ghostbusters has a wicked commentary. It's done like Mystery Science Threatre 3000 - you see their outlines on the screen like a cinema!
Tue 28/10/03 at 16:25
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Ummm... I have Ghostbusters and although the commentary is good, you don't 'see' anything.

Ronin was a serious movie. It's hardly a comedy musical is it!!!

And I really enjoyed LOTR: Fellowship's commentaries (the cast one in particular) cos it was the first time they'd seen the extended version too.
Wed 29/10/03 at 09:43
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Maybe there's two different versions of the Ghostbusters disk then, or you have to turn it on or something, because I can remember the cast's shadows too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.