GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anime/Manga"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/10/03 at 15:01
Regular
"You fail in life!"
Any of the guys and gals in here, like or watch any anime and manga?
Mon 03/11/03 at 18:52
Regular
Indeed, it is quite a stunning piece of work. I did enjoy it, it's just the religion stuff was too much for me.
Mon 03/11/03 at 14:23
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Just finished watching "Wings of Honneamise" (sp?).
>
> I'd say it was moderatly good, maybe to much religious material for
> my liking, but still it held a nice storyline and beautiful setting.
> I loved the 'fight scene' between the woman with the gun and the main
> character on that truck.

One of my favourites. A great sci-fi movie.
It does tend to have a heavy dose of religious musings in it, but if you're ready to let yourself be absorbed by the story, characters and atmosphere, it's amazing fun.
Wonderful animation, atmospheric music score, great other-worldly setting and some powerful intellectual themes.

I just love the final few scenes. The brutal battle sequence and the awe-inspiring sight of the rocket finally getting airborne after the all the struggle and work.

Great stuff.
Mon 03/11/03 at 09:10
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
DragonBall Z
DragonBall
DragonBall GT

Ranked in order of greatness. I haven't really got round to watching anything else, but I will be soon.

And Toonami was a much better move than CNX. I only ever used to watch CNX for DBZ, DBGT.
Sun 02/11/03 at 22:40
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Hmmm, anyone heard of a show called Sentimental Graffitti ? May be some kind of Love Hina kind of show - went to a toy fair today and bought a vast pile of the figures - each about 10 inches high, with electronic voice and base - possibly going to sell on eBay soon. Some guy was having a closing out sale and shifting them at £1 each !

I've tried to find something on Google but not getting anywhere, doesn't seem to be working properly for me tonight.
Sun 02/11/03 at 19:02
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
kittworld wrote:
> Sci Fi have just announced that Martian Successor Nadesico will be
> airing again from December 22nd, every weekday at 9am, in a double
> bill.

YES!

Love that show!
The movie's out next week.
Sat 01/11/03 at 12:21
Regular
Just finished watching "Wings of Honneamise" (sp?).

I'd say it was moderatly good, maybe to much religious material for my liking, but still it held a nice storyline and beautiful setting. I loved the 'fight scene' between the woman with the gun and the main character on that truck.

And I watched an episode of "Neon Genesis: Evanglion" - It was surprisingly good and i'm thinking of investing my time into watching it from now on.
Fri 31/10/03 at 23:27
Regular
Sci Fi have just announced that Martian Successor Nadesico will be airing again from December 22nd, every weekday at 9am, in a double bill.
Fri 31/10/03 at 13:26
Regular
I wasn't aware Sci Fi were still showing animes in the morning o_0. I'm hoping they'll get something new but I'm don't think they're in a rush to. A good series that they should get is Serial Experiments Lain. I did hear from someone inside CNX/Toonami that they might be interested in Eva, there target audience is teen boys afterall (despite all the girly barbie and doll adverts you'll notice on there for the moment)

What some people didnt realise is that for CNX anime was a small part, so much money spent on asian films, however animes and toonami did rather well so Toonami is a teen boys channel with US cartoons and anime. So it plays a much bigger roll than it would have with CNX. So I'm still waiting for them to buy new series, preferably something from the US adult swim.

Some of the series on Cartoon Network US are Yu Yu Hakusho, Trigun, SD Gundam Force, FLCL, Blue Gender, Big O, Lupin III, Kikaider, Inuyasha, aww they're also showing Captain Planet :( I love that show.

FLCL, Trigun, Big O and Inuyasha I'm hoping for, that'll get a lot of people interested in the channel. If you've seen FLCL you should read this opinion (very funny lol stupid woman) www.tribnet.com/opinion/story (del space) /3732462p-3759193c.html
Fri 31/10/03 at 13:02
Regular
I just tape em all :P
Fri 31/10/03 at 12:58
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Yep , that's the story basically. It would be nice if Sci Fi could show it's stuff at a normalish time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.