GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Saints..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/10/03 at 09:12
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I have just heard that Mother Teresa is going to become a saint. Well I know she was really good and always did the right thing and got involved with helping everyone less fortunate. But I think as one Catholic says that she wasnt a saint but she was just extroninary, but no saint, just extremly special. Also why did the pope get rid of Saint Chistopher? The current pope didnt make him a saint so why get rid of him? And in the future will some other pope decide to take Mother Teresa's title away from her aswell?
Tue 21/10/03 at 08:53
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
From Ambrose Bierce's 'Devils Dictionary'

SAINT, n.
A dead sinner revised and edited.
Mon 20/10/03 at 21:32
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Time shall tell indeed.

To be honest, matters of such triviality don't really affect phyisically or mentally and therefore don't particularly bother me.

It's just small thing, like how Mother Theresa got such little press coverage because of a half-royal (note : I'm thoroughly against the monarchy, history should be just that) dying. And she hadn't done a hundrendth of the work of Mother Theresa.

Harsh, but the nation says fair.
Mon 20/10/03 at 19:49
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Personally I didn't care either way about Diana - the coverage was over the top. However, Burrel's supposed letter that the Daily Mirror has, is interesting, I - and many others I am sure - would love to know whose name or what organisation has been censored in the press. Until now I'd thought anyone claiming a cover up was desperate, but if the letter is authenticated then it adds weight. Burrel himself recently only just this year was suddenly given no reason to make damaging testimony and evidence in Court - again suspicious as it was the Queen's apparent word which ended that case - and he's undoubtedly (assuming it is genuine) kept this letter as insurance against himself having 'accidents'. By releasing this letter it's effectively his own insurance policy - were he to meet his end now then it'd be enquiry time once more.

Alternatively it's fake, but he has to know that the letter will be subjected to about every test known to forensic science - he's not a stupid man - nor is it in his interest - faking such a thing would damage sales of his book (and lets face it, the book would sell with no PR at all), not increase them.

Time will tell.
Mon 20/10/03 at 19:34
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Belldandy wrote:
> relegated to a byline and a 30 second section of news.

It's a mad world, and I have to agree. But it's what the nation was interested I guess, and her talents on that day were so desperately unappreciated.

As for her deserving sainthood, I'd say yes, for her perpetual, never-ending help of the needy is something that may have happened ever so slightly more years ago, but in modern society is virtually unheard of (whether that's because it doesn't happen or it's unrecognised I do not know), and therefore should be at least considered for sainthood.

Oh, and what do they class as 'miracle'?
Mon 20/10/03 at 19:03
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
phuzzy wrote:
> No problem mate :)
>
> What dya think though? Does she deserve it, or is it overhyped?

Well i know she was a brilliant person who helped all, but like many others I think she was just extremely special, but not a Saint.
Mon 20/10/03 at 19:03
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
phuzzy wrote:
> No problem mate :)
>
> What dya think though? Does she deserve it, or is it overhyped?

She was unfortunate to die the same day as Diana.

Like the David Blaine coverage, it says a lot about our society when a nation and millions mourn the passing of someone who led a pampered life, was barely royalty, and such, yet the death of someone who sought no fame, no material gains form her work, and worked tirelessly with the poorest people of the planet in many countries, was relegated to a byline and a 30 second section of news.
Mon 20/10/03 at 18:21
Regular
saint nicholas is the best - once a year he empties his sack in every christians living room
Mon 20/10/03 at 18:19
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
No problem mate :)

What dya think though? Does she deserve it, or is it overhyped?
Mon 20/10/03 at 18:16
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Apoligise (or how ever you spell it) thanks for clearing that up, stupid mis-leading media of todays world.
Mon 20/10/03 at 18:11
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3204362.stm

Beatification, not sainthood. That's 2 miracles she needs, not the one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.