GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft = (Open to read more)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/10/03 at 22:37
Regular
WARNING: FOLLOWING STATEMENT CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE AND MAY CAUSE OFFENSE TO RETARDS WHO STILL GET TUCKED IN BED BY THEIR MUMMY WUMMY'S!

Windows 98 = Crap
Windows 2000 = Crap
Windows ME = Crapper than Crap
Windows XP = Crap
Windows in General = Crap
Microsoft = Crap

The problem is MS can't produce anything that works properly!!!

My PC Craped up on Friday and I've just spent the last 6 hours rebooting my PC 'cos XP can't even install itself properly!!!! I had to copy files over from my other pc to get the batty working. Plus Crap about with all the graphics card settings cos XP weren't recognising it!!! Crap, Crap and double Crap!!!!

Bill Gates needs shooting!

RANT OVER
Tue 14/10/03 at 11:29
Regular
People say they 'hate' microsoft because others seem to.

Why though?

It does my head in when people say like "M$ suckz becuz windowz crashed" - Get a life you mongrols...
Tue 14/10/03 at 11:22
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> I don't think its a case of providing the "best" option,
> the fact is that Gates has monopolised the market making it the only
> choice

The whole point of an O/S is to open the door to applications on your PC. No one comes close to Microsoft in this factor and saying it only happens because they are the most popular is a cyclical argument as it is also the reason why they are the most popular.

There isn't a user-friendly, more stable O/S out there to provide anything approaching competition - it's that simple.
Mon 13/10/03 at 17:35
Windows ME = crapper then crap.

Ha ha i totaly agree.
Mon 13/10/03 at 17:07
Regular
"Touched!"
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> It only make sense that 98SE and XP are the best examples of MS's work
> - 98SE was the final O/S in the build that began with Win 95. Win
> 2000 is a strange one as it was an NT hybrid, but then with ME they
> went back to the drawing board, XP being the current latest example
> of that series.
>
> To anyone who critises Windows - try another opperating system. See
> the struggles you'll have, the instability, the incompatibility, the
> great difficulty installing pretty much everything, then give up and
> praise Bill Gates for providing us with the best option by a country
> mile.

I don't think its a case of providing the "best" option, the fact is that Gates has monopolised the market making it the only choice, you will not see a comupter bought from a store such as SR or PC World with Linux installed, Windows for now is the only choice for playing games on and with masses of driver support, there are other OS's such as Linux BSD (i think!) so for now MS have the ball in their court, but i wonder how long it will be before Windows gets some real competition, I'm quite a fan of Linux myself, even though its more complicated than Windows.
Mon 13/10/03 at 16:15
Regular
"\\"
I thought that 98SE was quite crap. It'd crash for me more than three times a day and was - well crap really.

I then got XP and it is SO much better than 98SE. I've had it for 7 months now and it's yet to crash.
Mon 13/10/03 at 14:25
Regular
"The Monkey God"
i love xp. Got 512 megs of DDR ram so no big worries there. Xp just is soo nicely compatiable with anything recent. alas don't try playing old games on it. often doesn't like em. but it seems considerably more stable than old compy.
Mon 13/10/03 at 13:37
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
It only make sense that 98SE and XP are the best examples of MS's work - 98SE was the final O/S in the build that began with Win 95. Win 2000 is a strange one as it was an NT hybrid, but then with ME they went back to the drawing board, XP being the current latest example of that series.

To anyone who critises Windows - try another opperating system. See the struggles you'll have, the instability, the incompatibility, the great difficulty installing pretty much everything, then give up and praise Bill Gates for providing us with the best option by a country mile.
Mon 13/10/03 at 12:40
Regular
"Touched!"
Oh and anyone with Windows ME shouldn't even speak, its the worst OS ever, buggy as hell, crap driver conflicts, its poo, BSOD's galore!
Mon 13/10/03 at 12:38
Regular
"Touched!"
Windows 98 was excellent for its time.
Windows 2000 is very stable and is doesn't use half as much ram as XP, but my new laptop has XP so i'll give it a try, XP does look cool though!
Mon 13/10/03 at 09:51
Windows is an excellent OS. The problems often come down to bad hardware and the drivers to support them, or the installation of somewhat questionable software, appropriated from somewhat questionable sources.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.