GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conker's Bad Fur Day on N64!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/03/01 at 17:16
Regular
I can't wait to play Conker's Bad Fur Day!It's good to see that Nintendo are making games towards a adult audience.This game is going to be ace!!
Sat 03/03/01 at 17:16
I can't wait to play Conker's Bad Fur Day!It's good to see that Nintendo are making games towards a adult audience.This game is going to be ace!!
Sat 03/03/01 at 17:18
I hope on the Gamecube that Nintendo will make more games towards adults and older age groups than to the younger genertaion.
Sat 03/03/01 at 18:57
Regular
"You've upset me"
Thorno wrote:
> I hope on the Gamecube that Nintendo will make more games towards
> adults and older age groups than to the younger genertaion.

right I'm sick of this. People are always complaining that the N64 has too many games aimed at a younger audience. So called hardcore gamers are leaving the console for the PlayStation. Thi sis like the graphics v gameplay discussion. If the games good fun to play and you enjoy it then who cares that the graphics are shoddy 2D sprites?

So what? There are more games aimed at 6-11 year olds on the N64. Does this matter? Shouldn't it be the gameplay that counts? Wouldn't you rather have a cutsey highly enjoyable platformer to play rather than a hastily put together blood and guts shooter.

Don't complain OK
Sat 03/03/01 at 21:55
Regular
What about conkers other bad day on the gamecube
Sun 04/03/01 at 00:10
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Okay so Conker is set to be a hit but hey, you really think that Farting, Burping, Cow's with Dihorreah and vomitting are directed towards adults...I don't think so!!!! Immature University graduates maybe but not adults. When the teachers in school or college treat you like adults it is because you are mature, CONKER IS NOT! The themes are gross, they remind you of a 12 year old boy picking his nose! I am not saying that conker is or will be a bad game but I just think that Rare as good as they are are just wooing Nintendo in a way by saying the game is adult-directed. Cause with the themes that is has, it isn't!

To be adult orientated the game would have to be about Sex and real life issues between Conker and Bunny, or whatever her name is, all that happens in the game is that Conker takes the role of a pi$$ed up, pi$$ed off 15 year old teenager in one hell of a situation. The game mechanics are similar to Banjo's or so it seems, and even IGN gave the game a 9.9, Zelda OOT quality! But as for the themes, adult orientated...Hell No!!!! Mum and Dad won't play this, you 23 year old bachelor cousin will, believe me, you'll see soon enough!

The Game
Sun 04/03/01 at 11:49
Fo gooness sake what matters is that the game is fun and Rare being Rare have put a new angle on the cutesy platformer which people complain about. I just hope that its not another Donkey Kong and Banjo which are getting a little tiresome, I hope that weapons become more important making this more like the amazing Jet Force Gemini!
And why is this in the Game Cube section?
Mon 05/03/01 at 07:20
What's really odd about this whole debate regarding its content is that it was originally conceived as a cutesy platformer, with an adorable squirrel and all his little, furry friends. Despite having great gameplay and graphics, it was destined to be neglected by a large percentage of gamers simply because it was deemed 'kiddie' in nature. So Rare changes the thing drastically to garner it more appeal, and now it's being attacked as immature.

Frankly I couldn't care less how many times the F-word is used in the game or how often a cow suffers from the 'screaming squirts'. If the game's fun and the control is solid, it deserves some recognition - such as it would not have gotten had it stayed cute. If Rare has to completely alter the tone of a game just to ensure it gains a meaningful audience, then so be it. Just tells me how insecure some guys are, feeling they can't play a 'cute' game and require some gross fart jokes and whatnot just to feel like men.

I often feel bitter about the future of gaming, mostly because I see where it seems to be heading and, frankly, it's a horrible place for it to go.
Mon 05/03/01 at 10:11
Regular
"not dead"
When I come to play this game, the one question I'll ask myself is this:

Is it fun to play?

So far, from reviews etc, all signs point to yes, and it has been said that it could well be Rares best game to date. I'll judge this for myself.

What I am sure of though, is that it's good to see a little humour injected into a game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.