GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If the world didn't have religion..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/10/03 at 21:15
Regular
we would be SO better off. think about it. no holy war. no conflicts. no zealous arabics commiting martyry (sp?) and NO DECEIT.
the human race would forget about beliefs in mythical gods and things, and concentrate on living in a human economy...

what do you think?
Fri 03/10/03 at 21:15
Regular
we would be SO better off. think about it. no holy war. no conflicts. no zealous arabics commiting martyry (sp?) and NO DECEIT.
the human race would forget about beliefs in mythical gods and things, and concentrate on living in a human economy...

what do you think?
Fri 03/10/03 at 21:16
Regular
and also the obnoxiousness of the phrase "god bless america" would NEVER exist.
Fri 03/10/03 at 21:20
Regular
i hate all religion
Fri 03/10/03 at 21:40
"Mimmargh!"
While that is true, religion is just a human fundamental need that arises with societies, then beliefs and fears. And while it has caused many wars it is worth remembering that the First and Second World Wars were not the result of religion but fought by largely secular government.

Though you could argue that the Nazi or Imperial Japanese ideology etc ammounted to the same thing as religion, they certainly had the characteristic loyalty and zeal as much as the Crusaders.
Fri 03/10/03 at 21:40
"Mimmargh!"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> i hate all religion

I am sure religion hates you too.
:-)
Fri 03/10/03 at 21:52
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Funny enough I had came up with theory as well. I think the world WOULD be better witout religion.
Fri 03/10/03 at 21:55
"Mimmargh!"
RoJ wrote:
> Funny enough I had came up with theory as well. I think the world
> WOULD be better witout religion.

So heres the cold logic:

Religion is bad.
Humans are the only creatures to invent and practice religion.
Religion is bad for the planet.
Therefore humans are bad for the planet.
Kill all humans.
Fri 03/10/03 at 21:57
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Emperor Xerxes wrote:
> So heres the cold logic:
>
> Religion is bad.
> Humans are the only creatures to invent and practice religion.
> Religion is bad for the planet.
> Therefore humans are bad for the planet.
> Kill all humans.

Why not? It is us that are screwing up this planet.
Fri 03/10/03 at 22:01
Yes but you have to take into account that without humans no progress will be made.
Fri 03/10/03 at 22:04
"I love yo... lamp."
Lets just not have this discussion again.

I think the world is better for religion. I accept your point about extemism.

However, if all the world practiced what religion taught, then the world would be a much better place.

For example, the golden rule from Jesus. Do unto others as you would have done to you. If we all followed that then there would be no crime and there would be no hate.

Those who do despicable things in the name of religion disown themselves from it when they do those things. Take the attacks on the WTC. Done in the name of Allah by extremists. However the Koran says not to murder. But they did, thereby disowning their faith. As such, they were not following their religion. But those who do follow their religion are not like that, and they do contribute to making the world a better place.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.