GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The best and worse of nintendo games ever."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/03/01 at 16:52
Regular
There are loads and loads of amazing games on the N64 and many more to come(hopefully!).

I now begin with what I deem to be the worst five N64 games. Brace yourself.

5: Superman.
DO NOT, repeat, DO NOT buy this game. It is sooooo bad I not going to waste my time on it(but the others are worse).

4:Aero Guage.
A real stinker of a Wipeout with cheating opponents and terrible controls. Basically it is a take off of Wipeout. But it is no way near as good.

3:MK MYthologies.
Playing this could only be more painful if there was a person standing next quirting Sulphuric Acid int ot face.

2:Power Rangers : Light Speed rescue.
More a form of tortue than a game, Power Rangers is ugly, crude and all but unplayabe. Get it out of this world.

1: The worse game of all time on the N64 is.....Carmaggedon.
This game may actually be quite good on other platforms but i think the programmers fell asleep on the job and forgot to take out the wood snapping noise when you hit a zombie. Anyway this gets worse N64 game ever.

The Best. There are some amazing games and this one is going to be difficult.Somebody is bound to object anyway.

5: Turok 2.
This is oneof the best follow up games on the N64 (except Zelda). Sequel to the First Turok (dirrrrrrrr) it is an essential purchase to all who havent got it.

3= Zelda Majoras mask.
Rich and inventive with enough intricate and mini games to fill your heart desire. The only downfall is that it is rather similar to the first game.

3=Super Mario 64.
This was one of the first N64 to come out(This was the first game I got with Mario Kart) but it is still one of the best third only to ?????????.

2. Goldeneye.
This is definitely worth the second place it gets. Absolutely stunning if I had to chose one N64 game to buy it would have to be this. Second only to the wondorous Zelda. It has such a good multiplayer mode and single player, but it is the multi player that puts it above other games like Super Mario 64. Infinite lifespan and every thing like that. Every one has heard of this game. I would question where you had been for the last ten years if you didn’t.

1. Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
There isn’t much wrong with this game. Superb graphics, amazing lifespan. You could not play it through once and see absolutely everything. Then only let down in the whole game is there is no multi player mode. The bit I don’t get is that once you have beaten The main boss (Gorondorf is it) and you’ve watched all the credits, you have to turn the N64 off and it goes back to being bad???
Anyway I have chosen this as my best N64 of all time. Read and Enjoy:-)
Fri 02/03/01 at 16:52
There are loads and loads of amazing games on the N64 and many more to come(hopefully!).

I now begin with what I deem to be the worst five N64 games. Brace yourself.

5: Superman.
DO NOT, repeat, DO NOT buy this game. It is sooooo bad I not going to waste my time on it(but the others are worse).

4:Aero Guage.
A real stinker of a Wipeout with cheating opponents and terrible controls. Basically it is a take off of Wipeout. But it is no way near as good.

3:MK MYthologies.
Playing this could only be more painful if there was a person standing next quirting Sulphuric Acid int ot face.

2:Power Rangers : Light Speed rescue.
More a form of tortue than a game, Power Rangers is ugly, crude and all but unplayabe. Get it out of this world.

1: The worse game of all time on the N64 is.....Carmaggedon.
This game may actually be quite good on other platforms but i think the programmers fell asleep on the job and forgot to take out the wood snapping noise when you hit a zombie. Anyway this gets worse N64 game ever.

The Best. There are some amazing games and this one is going to be difficult.Somebody is bound to object anyway.

5: Turok 2.
This is oneof the best follow up games on the N64 (except Zelda). Sequel to the First Turok (dirrrrrrrr) it is an essential purchase to all who havent got it.

3= Zelda Majoras mask.
Rich and inventive with enough intricate and mini games to fill your heart desire. The only downfall is that it is rather similar to the first game.

3=Super Mario 64.
This was one of the first N64 to come out(This was the first game I got with Mario Kart) but it is still one of the best third only to ?????????.

2. Goldeneye.
This is definitely worth the second place it gets. Absolutely stunning if I had to chose one N64 game to buy it would have to be this. Second only to the wondorous Zelda. It has such a good multiplayer mode and single player, but it is the multi player that puts it above other games like Super Mario 64. Infinite lifespan and every thing like that. Every one has heard of this game. I would question where you had been for the last ten years if you didn’t.

1. Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
There isn’t much wrong with this game. Superb graphics, amazing lifespan. You could not play it through once and see absolutely everything. Then only let down in the whole game is there is no multi player mode. The bit I don’t get is that once you have beaten The main boss (Gorondorf is it) and you’ve watched all the credits, you have to turn the N64 off and it goes back to being bad???
Anyway I have chosen this as my best N64 of all time. Read and Enjoy:-)
Fri 02/03/01 at 16:58
Regular
Gorondorf? You already embarassed yourself.
Fri 02/03/01 at 17:00
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
The best Nintendo game...I would have to say Mario Bros. 3, I mean the game was fun to play, loads of features and graphics a great engine and a classic...all in one! I didn't like some of the lesser known games I though they were just a pathetic way to get your name on a console game and so you could say you make games for Nintendo! But definitely Mario Bros. if not 3 then the series, it just goes to show how well gameing can progress and that we are sure in for a treat when we see Mario in action on the Gamecube!!!

The Game
Fri 02/03/01 at 17:06
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
TOM1232 wrote:

3:Playing this could only be more painful if there was a
> person standing next quirting Sulphuric Acid int ot face.

this was published in a n64 magazine...be original!!!

>(Gorondorf is it)

Ganondorf, come on mate, how can you talk about N64 games and Nintendo's history when you have obviously never played Zelda!!

The Game

No Offence but it does seem a little pointless.....there are other ways to win!
Fri 02/03/01 at 19:09
Regular
"Whatever!"
There are some appalling N64 games, ones that I have played and am embarrased to admitt are: FIFA 64, Lamborghini 64 and Clayfighter 63 1/3!!
Fri 02/03/01 at 20:17
i think it is embarassing to play games like TWINE when they are good (graphically) but only take a week to complete.
Fri 02/03/01 at 20:32
Regular
TWINE is hard, it ain't all that good though.
Fri 02/03/01 at 20:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
N64 MAGAZINE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!
Fri 02/03/01 at 20:45
Regular
Hense the bad spelling, because he copied it from a mag, instead of just copying and pasting.
Fri 02/03/01 at 21:46
Ive only copied twice. one from Ign that one was true and this one but I did change it. That one about PPlaystation 2 and dreamcast I actually wrote.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.