GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Problems with PS2."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/05/05 at 21:07
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Just put on my PS2 (slimline) and it doesn't seem to be able to read any discs. I tried ALL my games, and some DVD's, but all I get is that browser screen where you go to manage your memory card. It was working perfectly well this morning so I have no idea what's wrong with it, so has anyone else had this bother?
Fri 03/06/05 at 19:19
Regular
"8==="
Heh.
Fri 03/06/05 at 19:18
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Well I have precisely 0 games at the moment. So I'll be glad of SA next week.

:)
Fri 03/06/05 at 19:08
Regular
"8==="
I haven't played the double pack enough yet to warrant getting GTA:SA.
Fri 03/06/05 at 19:07
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I no longer have a PS2, or a GC. Took them to a store today and sold them off, got a pretty decent price actually, better than I was expecting. Thankfully San Andreas is out for X-Box next week though.
Thu 02/06/05 at 22:28
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
My PS2 seems to be fine now, haven't had any more bother yet. I'd like to sell it like I was going to do before it broke, but I wouldn't like to sell it onto someone only for it to break down on them.
Thu 02/06/05 at 12:05
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
First you say you got rid of all your xbox games and now you say your ps2 is broken...tsss
Wed 01/06/05 at 19:38
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Chr1s wrote:
> Maybe you set something up wrong then if the problem lay in the system
> data.

It was working fine and then suddenly stopped, so it wasn't anything I messed about with. But problem solved, at least for now. I'm considering getting rid of it now anyway after that, because Sony are crap and Gamestation were being pretty awkward on the phone.
Wed 01/06/05 at 19:31
"period drama"
Revolution will be called Revolution.
And popularity does not always equal goodness, the PS2 being a case in point.
Wed 01/06/05 at 19:31
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Maybe you set something up wrong then if the problem lay in the system data.
Wed 01/06/05 at 19:28
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Went into the memory card and deleted all of the system data, and now everything's working fine. Bit of a wierd one eh?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.