GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"City of Heroes (again)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/06/05 at 17:42
Regular
"Remember me?"
OK, so I bought the game... and installed it... but, um... how do I actually PLAY it?! Every "City of Heroes" link/shortcut/whatever on my desktop or Start menu takes me to an update downloading thing, which downloads nothing at all. And inserting the DVD asks me to isntall the game. And I can't find a "play" option or owt!

HELP?!

(Sorry, but I am a PC installating things rookie, and you're lucky I even know how to post this message)
Tue 07/06/05 at 17:41
Regular
"Remember me?"
Installed it on my brother's laptop yesterday and it worked fine. Levelled up once. I need to start finding people to play with though, as when attempting missions on my own I keep getting defeated. I'm enjoying it though. Can't play it tonight though because my brother's at my nan's and took his laptop with him. Hmph.

(edit):

Actually, he hasn't taken it with him!!! So provided I can work out how to actually turn the laptop on, I shall play some more later tonight.
Mon 06/06/05 at 17:24
Regular
The first few patches you get are annoyingly large, but after that it only updates specific files, not the whole 1.1 gig or however big it is.

Unless its a new issue thats being released.
Mon 06/06/05 at 17:22
Regular
"Remember me?"
nova prospekt wrote:
> Check on the website sometimes servers go down due to maintenance.

It was doing the same thing as before; the monitor cutting out. The servers are up and running fine. They just need to patch the patch. And I really wish they'd hurry it up.

The scamps.
Mon 06/06/05 at 17:02
Regular
Ice_Crystal_15 wrote:
> PC Craks gamers down, PC'S are slow for gaming, The console's are the
> right choice the windows gamers should choose (XBox)Microsoft,
> Installing games takes too many minutes to install and gaming with a
> keyboard pc it's not the right chice.

Ahahahahaha.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I'm sorry but that was the best laugh I've had all day.

PC > Xbox + PS2 + GC
Mon 06/06/05 at 16:56
Regular
Ice_Crystal_15 wrote:
> PC Craks gamers down, PC'S are slow for gaming, The console's are the
> right choice the windows gamers should choose (XBox)Microsoft,
> Installing games takes too many minutes to install and gaming with a
> keyboard pc it's not the right chice.

I smell something worse than Dr. Vanzilok (sp?) *sniff sniff*
Troll
Mon 06/06/05 at 16:54
Regular
Albino-Man wrote:
> Tried to log on again earlier today and it's not working again.
>
> Waaah!

Check on the website sometimes servers go down due to maintenance.
Mon 06/06/05 at 16:40
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
PC Craks gamers down, PC'S are slow for gaming, The console's are the right choice the windows gamers should choose (XBox)Microsoft, Installing games takes too many minutes to install and gaming with a keyboard pc it's not the right chice.
Sun 05/06/05 at 11:19
Regular
"Remember me?"
Tried to log on again earlier today and it's not working again.

Waaah!
Sun 05/06/05 at 06:48
"For the horde!!!!"
You have to take notice of what colour the enemies name is because it reprisents their level.
Also some enemies are bosses and they are a lot stronger than minions.
Sun 05/06/05 at 00:44
Regular
"Remember me?"
Went back on there earlier. Went to try the first sewer mission on my own, where you have to defeat all the zombies and rescue the newstand guy...

Failed it the first time. Second time, night had fallen and there were all these electricity-toting robots guarding the sewer entrance, which I foolishly took on by myself and died (again). Third time I went on my first team-up, with a tanker/mutation, which ended disastrously.

I'm getting there though. :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.