GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vote here for *Best writer in the stories we do...*"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/02/01 at 22:35
Regular
Sorry Fubu for doing this... but I've wanted to say this for ages...

It's a real joy sometimes to come on here and see the additions to the stories. Not only are they funny, but sometimes can be quite thought provoking, clever, and most of all fun.

The quality of the regular writers is tremendously high... and improves on every post they do...

It started with me, Ant, and FantasyMeister... and then Meka, Venombyte, pb, and many others joined too.

Firstly, I would like to nominate two people.

Meka, and pb.

Meka always does something in every story we have done that has TREMENDOUSLY thrown the story forward... always keeping little details to himself, the "Unknown man in a long black coat" style of his is wonderful, and always helps me to write.

Pb has only just started writing with us, and he now has me waiting patiently for his next addition, which is always superb... write more pb! I know you want to!
Wed 28/02/01 at 22:35
Regular
Sorry Fubu for doing this... but I've wanted to say this for ages...

It's a real joy sometimes to come on here and see the additions to the stories. Not only are they funny, but sometimes can be quite thought provoking, clever, and most of all fun.

The quality of the regular writers is tremendously high... and improves on every post they do...

It started with me, Ant, and FantasyMeister... and then Meka, Venombyte, pb, and many others joined too.

Firstly, I would like to nominate two people.

Meka, and pb.

Meka always does something in every story we have done that has TREMENDOUSLY thrown the story forward... always keeping little details to himself, the "Unknown man in a long black coat" style of his is wonderful, and always helps me to write.

Pb has only just started writing with us, and he now has me waiting patiently for his next addition, which is always superb... write more pb! I know you want to!
Thu 01/03/01 at 12:30
Regular
"not dead"
*smiles*

Why thank you!

I never really post too much in them, as I don't want to ruin them, that's why I like to guide the story in a certain direction, and leave it hanging on the edge, with the next writer given the chance to either jump right in, or turn back.

On the subject of our tales, wouldn't it be cool to turn them into Interactive Fiction.

If only I had more time!

I would like to nominate Grix and FantasyMeister, though the posts of pb and recently Venombyte are often excellent too. (And Ant, though he's been a little quite lately.)
Thu 01/03/01 at 12:51
Regular
"smile, it's free"
It's a tricky one, this.

To be honest, I can't think of a single post which hasn't been of a stunningly high quality. All the posts are very well written, and many are also witty or creative.

In view of this, I'm going to have to vote for SNIPER, since his posts are so memorable, and succinct.

"Your all idiots"

Classic.
Thu 01/03/01 at 13:32
"possibly impossible"
I don't want to turn this into one of those 'pat each other on the back' clubs, but it is a difficult one to put a name forward for.

On the one hand, Grix has been behind most of the stories and it has always felt that he has a masterplan for the whole thing in the back of his mind (brain?) but most of the contributions from everyone else have been very good as well. I think I might have to abstain from voting as I can't really put one story writer above another at the moment. I may have to go back and judge the evidence!
Thu 01/03/01 at 16:35
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
My vote has to go to Dan, because it's the only time he writes posts shorter than 10,000 words.
Thu 01/03/01 at 16:52
Regular
"I like cheese"
I would have to go for.......... Grix.

Mostly because his are long, entertaining, and often the backbone behind the stories.

Also I wouldn't vote for me on this one, as mine are often too short, and I never seem to add to the story. Defintely Grix or FM.
Thu 01/03/01 at 17:12
FM from what I have seen...
Fri 02/03/01 at 21:36
Regular
Dringo appeared again shook his head and as he did dissapeared muttering something like nothing beats GRIX as he is th best.
Fri 02/03/01 at 22:42
Regular
"You've upset me"
The reason that I think these forums are so popular is becuase not only do we talk about serious gaming issues, but we also tend to talk a lot of cr@p. funny, witty cr@p.

The stories break up the seriousness of these forums and that why they are so popular (the stories i mean).

As for my vote, I'm going to have to go for the persons who started it all, so Grix, FM and Ant, your all the winners inmy view.

Pb comes into best newbie writer.

And remember this is my honest opinoion
Sat 03/03/01 at 13:11
Regular
"I like cheese"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> The reason that I think these forums are so popular is becuase not
> only do we talk about serious gaming issues, but we also tend to
> talk a lot of crap. funny, witty crap.

The stories break up the
> seriousness of these forums and that why they are so popular (the
> stories i mean).

As for my vote, I'm going to have to go for the
> persons who started it all, so Grix, FM and Ant, your all the
> winners inmy view.

Pb comes into best newbie writer.

And
> remember this is my honest opinoion

Thank you!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.