GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Will my computing machine run Battlefield 2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/06/05 at 13:00
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
P4 2.66GHz
512 RAM (upgrading to 1Gb soon)
Nvidia GFX5200 64Mb

The card is my biggest worry, but it supports the pixel-shading feature required, so I reckon it'll scrape it.
Fri 10/06/05 at 11:34
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Bullett wrote:
> Demo is out today isn't it?
>
> Can't wait to get home and crack on with the download :)

EA Demo Update
Fri 10 Jun 2005, 12:58 PM | Rico | 58 Comments
EA's Community Manager, Mike Murphy sent along a little bit about the demo to again confirm details released yesterday:

This email is to inform you that I will not be sending out the Battlefield 2 multiplayer demo to our file partners upon its initial release. As you’re probably aware, GameSpot will be premiering the demo for a 24-hour period once EA releases it. At this time, we do not have a release date, but one is expected soon. When it is released, you’ll be able to download it from the (no registration is required) and the games official web site located here: www.Battlefield2.com

Don't you just love the word "soon"?

Taken from Totalbf2.com
Fri 10/06/05 at 11:34
Regular
"the burning sky"
Bullett wrote:
> Demo is out today isn't it?
>
> Can't wait to get home and crack on with the download :)

Where will the demo be released?
Fri 10/06/05 at 10:29
Regular
Aye.

WOW still has my tightly in its grasp though, can't believe how funking awesome that game is.

New Catalyst drivers as well with supposedly reasonable performance increases. Just hope Creative get their American asses into gear with the new Audigy 2 drivers, big performance boost for Battlefield 2 with the betas.

Between GTA/WOW/Chaos Theory and now this, might be an all nighter tonight :D

Beauty is, got to work Sunday on site so I get Monday/Tuesday off.
Fri 10/06/05 at 09:59
Regular
Demo is out today isn't it?

Can't wait to get home and crack on with the download :)
Fri 10/06/05 at 08:45
Regular
The 2GB of RAM will come in handy on this beast. Quite looking forward to it, Counter-Strike is wearing a little thin after what is most likely thousands of hours worth of playing since the original.

Never really liked the original, sort of breoke away from Counter Strike to try it but quickly went back. This looks a hell of a lot better though.
Fri 10/06/05 at 00:25
Regular
"Captain to you."
Blimey wasn't that thread quite a while ago? Your not from one of my other forums are you?

I don't think virtual dub can record in game as far as i know, although i havn't tried to use it for that.
Fri 10/06/05 at 00:10
Regular
My computer won't let me play it I don't think, and i'm running...

AMD Athlon 64 2800+
Geforce 5700LE 256mb (upgrading by end of august hopefully)
1 gig ram
Windows XP home SP2

P.S BTW Chip...Fraps is cr@p for recording things in-game, loses you so much stuff, download something like virtual dub...I think thats what its called.
Fri 10/06/05 at 00:08
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> P4 2.66GHz
> 512 RAM (upgrading to 1Gb soon)
> Nvidia GFX5200 64Mb
>
> The card is my biggest worry, but it supports the pixel-shading
> feature required, so I reckon it'll scrape it.

It won't monkey_man I don't think mate, as in ne of the latest 2 computer shopper magazines on the page which it talks about XP 64, it says on there somewhere that the minimum requirements for ram is 2 gig. :|
Wed 08/06/05 at 11:45
Regular
"Captain to you."
Some of you will have already done this but others probably haven't and it will help get better game play out of your cards.

Geforce users

1. Right click on your desktop and select properties
2. Click the setting tab
3. Click advanced
4. Click the tab with your card name
5. Click performance and quality settings
6. Set image settings to high performance.

[URL]http://img293.echo.cx/img293/8900/geforce6st.jpg[/URL] if you are completely confused.

I know that ATI have similar settings but i don't have one so i can't do a step by step for them.

This will lower the quality but if you take 2 screenshots and try to compare them it's bloody hard to tell, it's worth doing but I’m sure one or two of you will probably say it's not worth it.
Wed 08/06/05 at 10:07
Regular
I have no doubt my Graphics card can handle the pressure, but will my Athlon 64 3000+ be up to it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.