GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email forwarding"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/10/06 at 08:56
Regular
I have a number of sites hosted by Freeola, set up on behalf of clients. They often prefer emails and forms to be redirected to one address and, to this end, I've set up email forwarding on some accounts. It used to work perfectly. Now is doesn't. Has anyone else experienced problems with email forwarding from Freeola hosted sites?
Sat 11/11/06 at 15:54
Regular
Correction to my last post - sending a mail to a Hotmail account from the Freola web access also fails, even with '@domain' from which the forwarded mail is sent added to its allow list..
But - guess what folks - I've found a workround - forwarding does work to a Gmail account, and that in turn will forward to the offending ISP's!
Anyone in there got any idea why these ISPs are rejecting Freeola webmail? Jealousy?
I still say everyone should use Freeola!
Colin
Sat 11/11/06 at 09:25
Regular
I have suddennly experienced this problem too with mail forwarded to Virgin and, surprisingly, to Hotmail accounts. Even manually forwarding using the Freeola web access fails, but new mail sent that way does arrive.

There is no problem with forwarding to BT and AOL accounts as far as I know, and it also works fine to my company's Exchange servers.

We're still looking into the Hotmail one, but ehre's a simple solution - everyone should use Freeola!
Tue 24/10/06 at 11:22
Regular
"incognito"
I'm not sure if the address you are forwarding to is a Freeola or non-Freeola address. Many companies are tightening their spam filters to such an extent that e-mails forwarded to them can be filtered out. If this is the case then please add your e-mail addresses to the provider's "white list".

If it is forwarding to another Freeola address then please turn off the forwarding and check that the mail is reaching the correct address. If it is then re-enable forwarding. If this still does not work then please phone our support team on 0871 210 9977 with the details and we can investigate further.
Tue 24/10/06 at 08:56
Regular
I have a number of sites hosted by Freeola, set up on behalf of clients. They often prefer emails and forms to be redirected to one address and, to this end, I've set up email forwarding on some accounts. It used to work perfectly. Now is doesn't. Has anyone else experienced problems with email forwarding from Freeola hosted sites?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.