GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS 3 LIKE or DISLIKE"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater'.
Sat 11/06/05 at 13:01
Regular
"Eat Yo mumma"
This is a thread to discuss MGS 3 i bought it a couple of months ago and after playing it for this long I starting to think is the 2nd one better. yes sure MGS 3 has better graphics and better stuff to do but its really plain its not as exciting as the second MGS and its not as funny e.g when you was raiden and you walking along that bridge after defeating solidus there was that man peeing on you as you walk across. year ok the fly suit is funny in MGS 3 but i just found MGS 2 better i like to here from you please only write in here if you have played them both.

regards Bloomper
Sat 11/06/05 at 13:01
Regular
"Eat Yo mumma"
This is a thread to discuss MGS 3 i bought it a couple of months ago and after playing it for this long I starting to think is the 2nd one better. yes sure MGS 3 has better graphics and better stuff to do but its really plain its not as exciting as the second MGS and its not as funny e.g when you was raiden and you walking along that bridge after defeating solidus there was that man peeing on you as you walk across. year ok the fly suit is funny in MGS 3 but i just found MGS 2 better i like to here from you please only write in here if you have played them both.

regards Bloomper
Sat 11/06/05 at 13:04
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
There was nothing funny at all about Raiden. Just sheer shock and disappointment at having such a horrible character in the game.

Bloody Japanese and their liking for the effeminate ladyboy hero
Sat 11/06/05 at 14:12
Regular
"Eat Yo mumma"
yes ok raiden does look like a ladyboy but it was still funny of what happend to him.
Sat 11/06/05 at 14:55
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
like? the main criticism the MGS series gets is the length of the cutscenes..... how can u complain about the length of the cutscenes when they r so amazing? when they create such brilliant storylines? bring on MGS4!
Tue 28/06/05 at 23:47
Regular
TaMi-Jr wrote:
how can u complain about the length of the cutscenes
> when they r so amazing?

A few of them are a bit toooo long though. Just been playing through the game this week for the first time, and the cut scene where snake gets tortured was about half an hour long! I was nearly late for work watching it as i didnt want to miss any of the story!
Wed 29/06/05 at 00:03
"period drama"
Like it, a lot. More than MGS2, anyway, although all of the bosses are a bit lame, and nowhere near as cool as Vamp or anyone from MGS1. Although The End fight is amazing.

Much less pointless radio blathering as well, which is good, and the cutscenes are just spectacular as always. They stirred much more emotion than before, and the story as a whole was excellent - the torture scene in particular was almost difficult to watch.

All in all ... I loved it.
Especially getting through an area without being spotted ... still makes you feel fantastic.
Wed 29/06/05 at 08:26
Regular
"\\"
MGS1 > MGS3 (but not by much I wouldn't say) > MGS2

I still love MGS2 though. So yeah.

The other two are just perfect-ness.
Wed 29/06/05 at 21:33
Regular
I love MGS3, I even thought I enjoyed it more than the first.

It was much funnier than MGS2 because Snake's character is unintentionally funny whereas Raiden was like, why did I pay to play as this mong..

That bit where you rescue the guy from the building at the start, and Snake's stealthily hiding behind a wall and the guy is just standing nervously in clear view the doorway, and Snake sort of glances at him with a weird look and he gasps and hies up against the wall with Snake made me laugh the first time I saw it.
Mon 04/07/05 at 17:37
Regular
"Shizzel happens"
just out of curiosity, what differences do the options at the beginning make to the game? im talking about the "my first MGS game", "i like MGS1" and "i like MGS2" options. anyone know?
Mon 04/07/05 at 20:02
"period drama"
If you say MGS2, Snake's wearing the Raiden mask for the first few cutscenes, and you get an extra one of him taking it off.
One of the other 2 options has him with a beard, but I can't remember which is which.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.