GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best trilogy musings"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/09/03 at 13:50
Regular
Musings being a loose term for me and a film mate having an argument. So help solve this. I ask for your help again. He accepted your opinion over Fellowship and Two Towers. Because I was right.

So, we've discarded Star Wars (to probably fanboy anger) because it's not all that, Die Hard narrowly missed the cut because of Die Harder, Matrix, SW prequels (as if) and LotR aren't complete yet, Austin Powers and American Pie are OK, but pale in comparison to the greats, so...

Is Back To The Future or Indiana Jones the greatest trilogy of all time? I say Back to the Future, he say Indy. Go on, prove me right.

(Stryke would like to acknowledge that he thinks Indy and Die Hard miss out by a thread. He would also like to acknowledge LotR will be a serious contender to Bt2F. Matrix won't be - although Reloaded was good, I am not slamming it. Star Wars isn't better than all the aforementioned trilogies, except the APs. The prequels are laughable).

Oh yeah, and by all means say if you think I'm wrong. Cue Star Wars fanboys. Always some white boy gotta invoke the holy trilogy.
Mon 08/09/03 at 13:50
Regular
Musings being a loose term for me and a film mate having an argument. So help solve this. I ask for your help again. He accepted your opinion over Fellowship and Two Towers. Because I was right.

So, we've discarded Star Wars (to probably fanboy anger) because it's not all that, Die Hard narrowly missed the cut because of Die Harder, Matrix, SW prequels (as if) and LotR aren't complete yet, Austin Powers and American Pie are OK, but pale in comparison to the greats, so...

Is Back To The Future or Indiana Jones the greatest trilogy of all time? I say Back to the Future, he say Indy. Go on, prove me right.

(Stryke would like to acknowledge that he thinks Indy and Die Hard miss out by a thread. He would also like to acknowledge LotR will be a serious contender to Bt2F. Matrix won't be - although Reloaded was good, I am not slamming it. Star Wars isn't better than all the aforementioned trilogies, except the APs. The prequels are laughable).

Oh yeah, and by all means say if you think I'm wrong. Cue Star Wars fanboys. Always some white boy gotta invoke the holy trilogy.
Mon 08/09/03 at 13:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
"My sci-fi trilogy can beat up your sci-fi trilogy"
Mon 08/09/03 at 13:57
Regular
"Selected"
B2tF > IJ
M < LoTR
AuP > AmP
SW > DH

*death*
Mon 08/09/03 at 13:58
Regular
I think it has to be Back to the future as well. In general, i hate anything to do with westerns but Back to the future 3 is the exception to that rule i guess.
Mon 08/09/03 at 13:59
Regular
I mostly concur. Except Die Hard is better than Star Wars. It's a racist movie after all.
Mon 08/09/03 at 14:00
Regular
Quite a few people don't like Part III, but it's just as good as the rest. You have to change the setting or the forumla would've got stale.

"You're not thinking 4th dimensionally, Marty!"
"Yeah, I have a real problem with that."
Mon 08/09/03 at 14:16
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Hmmmm...

Back To The Future 1,2 & 3
"Doc, I can't get back to 1983!"
"Great Scott, let's make humorous references to culture-shock and then narrowly avoid a catasrophe as you, actually, get back to 1983"
"Phew!"

Die Hard 1,2 & 3
"I'm Die Hard, my wife hates me"
"I'm a terrorist and evil, and I will threaten your wife"
"I'm Die Hard and I killed you all with a showy climax involving flames"
"I'm Mrs Die Hard and I love you now, slightly balding husband in a vest"
"Phew!"

Matrix 1,2 & 3
"Like, bogus computer adventures!"
"Excellent!"
"I ammmmm the villainnnnn"
"No way!"
"Way!"
"And now for some philosophy"
"Gnarly"
"Like, all we are is computer stuff and kung-fu"
"Station!"

Star Wars 1,2 & 3
"I'm a farmboy that wants to be in space"
"I'm Darth Vader and totally evil."
"No,you used to be a whiny girly-jedi"
"Shuddup"
"You did, and your girlfriend was hot"
"I'm the farmboy that doesn't realise Vader is my dad"
"But if you watch from Episode 1, then all the surprises are explained way before they happen, therefore removing the shock from Empire when it's revealed, also the Luke & Leia love story takes on an incestous tone now we, the audience, realise having watch Phantom Menace, Attack of The Clones and Midichlorians pulled from my Ass"

Lord of The Rings 1,2 & 3
"Midget, chuck this ring off a mountain"
"But I don't want to"
"You must, and take a fat gay friend with you"
"Alright then"
"You will almost be taken over by a massive eye a few times per film, but your gay mate will rescue you"
"Phew"
"Here's a comedy dwarf!"
"Indy! Indy!"
Mon 08/09/03 at 14:19
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Heh, that Station bit was genius at the end. And the agent Smith bit!

I hate the Die Hard trilogy - it's rubbish.
Mon 08/09/03 at 14:35
Regular
"That's right!"
It's 1985, Goatboy. I know you're old, but get it right.

"Quite a few people don't like Part III, but it's just as good as the rest. You have to change the setting or the forumla would've got stale."

Part 3 is pants. I can barely be bothered to watch it after I watch 1 and 2. The only good bit is the beginning, then as soon as he's out of the 50s and into the west, it's pants.

Oh, and the Indy trilogy rules, but Star Wars rules more. LOTR was too beardy (and before you say it, Towers WAS better than Fellowship)

Matrix - hmm, third one shall be good, but I doubt they'll be remembered as an amazing trilogy.

Die Hard trilogy rules.

Robocop trilogy does not (first one does, two and three are watchable, but inferior sequels)

Evil Dead trilogy needs a mention, just for being so crazy.
Mon 08/09/03 at 14:37
"Darth Vader 3442321"
If only the hadn't made Ressurection. The Alien trilogy would be the undeniable queen.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.