GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hurry up 15 mins..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/09/03 at 15:33
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
When will The Darkness fade back to the pub circuit?
When will gullible public realise it's recycled hair-metal from the 1980s, the same as Def Leppard, Tigartailz, Wolfsbane and Hanoi Rocks?

I'm going to put a link to The Darkness covering Street Spirit by Radiohead.
I fully expect a crowd of fashionistas that don't own one single Manowar album to declare it "excellent" and "better than the original"
I will pop this thread at Xmas to remind you that you once liked this band.

www.thedarknessrock.com/mp3/streetspirit.mp3
Fri 05/09/03 at 21:09
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Thom Tumb™
Fri 05/09/03 at 20:25
Regular
What? That's what their Glasto set was.
Fri 05/09/03 at 20:17
Regular
Lol Stryke
Fri 05/09/03 at 19:59
Regular
El Blokey wrote:

> Go listen to Radiohead or Tool if you want to be challenged by your
> music.

--

Radiohead isn't challenging. It's just Hom whining about how crap it is to be rich, while the Greenwoods sit on the floor and muck about with sound effects. Or - their Glasto set.
Fri 05/09/03 at 18:32
Regular
The lead singer looks like the singer of Toploader, The jumpsuit/flare thing is a bit bizarre too.
Fri 05/09/03 at 17:56
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Picture it like this - if a boy band came along dressed like the
> Human League, all make up and sharp diagonal fringes, but justified
> it by saying 'we're only having a laugh' would they be taken
> seriously? No.

Hahaha! You just spent the whole post trying to say that you don't get how they're not taken seriously, then say they're taken seriously. Or something.

You don't have to take them seriously, that's the point. I respect the Darkness much more than anyone else at the moment because they're doing what they want to do - much better than following the trends that come along like every other band/group/singer. Like at The Streets (sorry to use it again) but he even talks about Reebok Classics in his "songs". Look at old U2 videos, they have mullets, leather pants and dance around like spastics, just like everyone else at the time. The Darkness are doing what they like regardless of fashions and trends, and whether you like the music or not they deserve respect for that.
Fri 05/09/03 at 17:44
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
El Blokey wrote:
> But just because you have no sense of humour when it comes to music
> (I bet you hate Electric Six too) it doesn't mean that funny bands
> are instantly terrible.

But they're not funny! People keep saying 'they're just a bit of fun' or 'they're only having a laugh' but I don't get the joke! Did I miss that meeting? So... you're dressed in spandex... Bwahahahaa! Hilarious!

Picture it like this - if a boy band came along dressed like the Human League, all make up and sharp diagonal fringes, but justified it by saying 'we're only having a laugh' would they be taken seriously? No.

"Like Spinal Tap, only not funny."
Best quote evar.
Fri 05/09/03 at 17:09
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Nice subtle statement to the Andy Warhol statement.
Even though it was the title, nobody seems to have noticed.
Or they did.
Fri 05/09/03 at 17:07
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> The thing about The Darkness is that they're just a bit of fun. The
> songs make me smile, what's wrong with that?

Exactly.

RARR ME GOATBOY ME NO LIKE THE DARKNESS THEREFORE THEY CRAP

Go listen to Radiohead or Tool if you want to be challenged by your music. If you want to rock out to some distorted guitars, long solos and falsetto singing then maybe you should give The Darkness a try. But just because you have no sense of humour when it comes to music (I bet you hate Electric Six too) it doesn't mean that funny bands are instantly terrible.
Fri 05/09/03 at 10:38
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I hate The Darkness. In the new single (can't remember and don't what to know the name) the singer sounds like nails down a blackboard. I had to turn the radio off last time I heard it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.