GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Alan Wake"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Alan Wake'.
Tue 21/06/05 at 20:50
Regular
"Captain to you."
My god and i thought i was pretty [URL]http://www.alanwake.com/screenshots/Alan_Wake_013.jpg[/URL]

The website
[URL]http://www.alanwake.com[/URL]
Tue 21/06/05 at 20:50
Regular
"Captain to you."
My god and i thought i was pretty [URL]http://www.alanwake.com/screenshots/Alan_Wake_013.jpg[/URL]

The website
[URL]http://www.alanwake.com[/URL]
Tue 21/06/05 at 20:54
Regular
Change that second link you be-hind.

Games are getting too realistic :' { Soon I won't be able to distinguish the difference between computer women and real ones, which could lead to some embaressing moments!

I mean for me, as I ask them out and they just laugh in my face.
Tue 21/06/05 at 20:54
Regular
"\\"
I thought: "So what? It's just a photo."

Then noticed the leaves to the left didn't look quite right.

:(
Tue 21/06/05 at 21:07
The prospect of having a vast GTA game with such graphics as this, and perhaps better, in the future is pretty amazing

That's be the best thing ever.
Can you imagine GTA with those graphics and super realistic rag doll for everything?
Imagine the system you'd need
Tue 21/06/05 at 22:00
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Matthew Hughes wrote:
> The prospect of having a vast GTA game with such graphics as this, and
> perhaps better, in the future is pretty amazing

Less amazing, than a natural progression.
Tue 21/06/05 at 22:04
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The main character looks just like my older brother.

Not sure if that's good or not.
Wed 22/06/05 at 02:37
Regular
"Captain to you."
GTA will not be in those graphics for a long time, they will do GTA online first in the current graphics or maybe a little better.

This game looks so good and from what i have read a good story :D hell i might even buy this one or even use a GAD win on it.
Wed 22/06/05 at 07:05
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Chippxero wrote:
> GTA will not be in those graphics for a long time, they will do GTA
> online first in the current graphics or maybe a little better.

I was talking years, not the immediate future.

Video looks pretty nice too. I'll be keeping an eye out for this one. The Grx have a huge Hl2 feel to them, but with a FarCry distance. Nice. Love the shadow effects, particulary in the canyon flyby. It looks wrong, until you relaise it's actually right. Very impressive engine, although the anim on the main character looks a little wooden.
Wed 22/06/05 at 09:27
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> It looks wrong, until you relaise it's actually right.

That's exactly what I thought - those shadows look like they're "popping-in", but that's what would actually happen.

Looks like Max Payne meets M Night Shamalamadingdong's The Village.
Wed 22/06/05 at 09:58
Regular
"Touched!"
I've been keeping and eye on this for a while looks like it could be a nice looking game, I just hope the gameplay doesn't suffer over the graphics!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.