GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Compare and win!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/06/09 at 14:53
Regular
Hey all, for the technical award this week we're going to ask you all to pick two or three things, and compare them against each other - with an overall score and rating etc.

It can be anything "technical", from web browsers, to mobile phones but please try and keep it relevant to Freeola or the Internet in some way. That means no articles on things like the best toaster, please :)

For the rules etc. please see this thread.

(Sorry if you have already started writing a technical post for this week, but you can always save it for next week instead ^_^)
Tue 09/06/09 at 14:53
Regular
Hey all, for the technical award this week we're going to ask you all to pick two or three things, and compare them against each other - with an overall score and rating etc.

It can be anything "technical", from web browsers, to mobile phones but please try and keep it relevant to Freeola or the Internet in some way. That means no articles on things like the best toaster, please :)

For the rules etc. please see this thread.

(Sorry if you have already started writing a technical post for this week, but you can always save it for next week instead ^_^)
Tue 09/06/09 at 16:32
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Lets hope somebody doesn't do a Mac vs PC post! There may be a 'flame' war unleashed across the forums... That's unless its decided that PC's are superior for their cost and general ease of use (given that its a Windows machine)...

*awaits*
Tue 09/06/09 at 16:45
Regular
Macs should be seen but not used, hehe.
Tue 09/06/09 at 19:31
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Ahh the ultimate discussion on computer forums returns :D

Simple way to end it in my eyes.....A MAC? Why would you want a computer that shares its name with a beefy treat sold by an American fast food chain?
Wed 10/06/09 at 09:01
"possibly impossible"
Interesting. Maybe I can do something for this.
Wed 10/06/09 at 09:29
Regular
pb wrote:
> Interesting. Maybe I can do something for this.

Hopefully so :)
Wed 10/06/09 at 13:03
Regular
My tuppence worth for this week

Online Bingo

In the past Freeola did online bingo, it was brilliant fun and drew me to look at Freeolas web site on a daily basis. This was good for Freeola and good for me as it took me away from the other online bingo sites that I was addicted to!

Freeola dished out numbers at random and first to call house won a prize - but you had to interact with your computer as it did not just happen automatically this is a good thing.

One online bingo site that shall remain un named takes your money you join a game and sit back and the computers does all the work for you, its all very well and good if you do win ( not likley) but if you loose (often) then its very boring!

Freeolas bingo engaed you with your computer and taught you very valuable life skills like using your mouse etc and best of all it was free to Freeola subcribers

This Freeola bingo should be brought back online ASAP as it was the dogs biscuits.

Digi
Wed 10/06/09 at 13:22
Regular
Digitrader wrote:
> My tuppence worth for this week
>
> Online Bingo
>
> In the past Freeola did online bingo, it was brilliant fun and
> drew me to look at Freeolas web site on a daily basis. This was
> good for Freeola and good for me as it took me away from the
> other online bingo sites that I was addicted to!
>
> Freeola dished out numbers at random and first to call house won
> a prize - but you had to interact with your computer as it did
> not just happen automatically this is a good thing.
>
> One online bingo site that shall remain un named takes your
> money you join a game and sit back and the computers does all the
> work for you, its all very well and good if you do win ( not
> likley) but if you loose (often) then its very boring!
>
> Freeolas bingo engaed you with your computer and taught you very
> valuable life skills like using your mouse etc and best of all it
> was free to Freeola subcribers
>
> This Freeola bingo should be brought back online ASAP as it was
> the dogs biscuits.
>
> Digi

I think many, many people agree with you Digi
Wed 10/06/09 at 14:15
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Should be a post of it own really Digi though no? Maybe get a vote going ;)
Wed 10/06/09 at 14:30
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Sorry for taking this thread in a completely different direction to the one it intended but.... following on from the MAC v PC discussion below:

Does anyone know why, whenever you see a laptop or PC on the TV or in films, the vast majority of times it's a MAC? Surely MAC can't have the advertising rights for all programs, even in the UK? Anyone got any ideas/theories as to why this is? it's been bugging me for years and if I find the answer then I might stop barking at the screen whenever it happens - or, more likely, I'll move on to something equally as pedantic.

JTD

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.