GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lifeless (Short Story)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/08/03 at 14:20
Regular
Once again I find myself within the holy temple; after a certain age death becomes part of your life, to me this is just another visit.

Candles flickering, darkness roaming, deep moans of sadness filling the walls, echoing within the aisles, echoing within my mind. Echoing forever until I hear it myself, my mind crying out, my mind remembering what memories litter my thoughts.

This sadness feels like no other, though. It isn't another death. It can't be another death. The prolific pictures of great demons tell me that. Whispering in my ear, rasping in my mind, hissing in my thoughts. This is special. I've lost something special, someone special.

Time ticked, and ticked, and ticked on, rotating like the clock that it's associated with, driving you down the path of a lunatic until all you can hear is the screaming, the screaming of your bodies mental asylum. Laughing, crying, screaming, dying; rotting your source of purity, corrupting your happiness, infesting you. Changing you. Destroying you.

Why? Why is this so special? Why do you taunt me? Your brooding essence, telling me you know, yet keeping what the secret holds within you.

Maybe it's because I've finally lost someone close to me; death has always been so easy, just another day, just another loss. Yet, as a look down the mourning-filled corridor, I'm crying inside. Twitching inside. Mourning with those next to me.

Looking at his face all I can do is think of all the times we've shared. It saddens me to see him in this state; face white, staring at me, lifelessly, not peaceful but mortified.

I wish I could say goodbye. I wish I could turn back the ticking clock. Rewind the insanity. I wish I could see him again. But I can't. I can never say goodbye.

I'm dead.

Thanks for reading

RiCkOsS
Wed 27/08/03 at 21:52
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Rickoss wrote:

> I'm dead.
>
> Thanks for reading

------

Now what if someone just skipped to the end?

Not bad, but a bit morbid, for obvious reasons.
Wed 27/08/03 at 02:13
"I love yo... lamp."
'Twas a nice short read.
Tue 26/08/03 at 21:57
"possibly impossible"
Nice. Atmospheric and with a twist.

Then I realised I'd just repeated what everyone else has said so far. Damn. :-)
Tue 26/08/03 at 18:03
Regular
Cheers. :-)

I like tricking a reader into thinking something's happening, when actually it's something completely different.
Mon 25/08/03 at 17:25
Regular
Atmospheric. Good.
Mon 25/08/03 at 14:29
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Lovely. The fact that he's dead is a nice touch. A good alternate look at funerals.
Mon 25/08/03 at 14:20
Regular
Once again I find myself within the holy temple; after a certain age death becomes part of your life, to me this is just another visit.

Candles flickering, darkness roaming, deep moans of sadness filling the walls, echoing within the aisles, echoing within my mind. Echoing forever until I hear it myself, my mind crying out, my mind remembering what memories litter my thoughts.

This sadness feels like no other, though. It isn't another death. It can't be another death. The prolific pictures of great demons tell me that. Whispering in my ear, rasping in my mind, hissing in my thoughts. This is special. I've lost something special, someone special.

Time ticked, and ticked, and ticked on, rotating like the clock that it's associated with, driving you down the path of a lunatic until all you can hear is the screaming, the screaming of your bodies mental asylum. Laughing, crying, screaming, dying; rotting your source of purity, corrupting your happiness, infesting you. Changing you. Destroying you.

Why? Why is this so special? Why do you taunt me? Your brooding essence, telling me you know, yet keeping what the secret holds within you.

Maybe it's because I've finally lost someone close to me; death has always been so easy, just another day, just another loss. Yet, as a look down the mourning-filled corridor, I'm crying inside. Twitching inside. Mourning with those next to me.

Looking at his face all I can do is think of all the times we've shared. It saddens me to see him in this state; face white, staring at me, lifelessly, not peaceful but mortified.

I wish I could say goodbye. I wish I could turn back the ticking clock. Rewind the insanity. I wish I could see him again. But I can't. I can never say goodbye.

I'm dead.

Thanks for reading

RiCkOsS

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.