GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"General Rubbish: Part Deux"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/08/03 at 12:34
Regular
Please note: This is one of those "random crap about my life" posts.

So Thursday was results day and I got all excited because I did well. My dad has offered me a new mobile, £100 or Sky TV. I have decidedo n sky tv because other people can enjoy it as well as me and it lasts longer too. The bad thing is it will probably be christmas before anything gets done about it. Lazy lazy people.

ELJUICY just informed me on msn that the intros to "Sum41: Heart Attack" and "Blink 182: Stay Together For The Kids" are remarkably similar. He is right too, God bless the industry. On the subject of music I have just got the new American Hifi album "The Art Of Losing" its quite good and only cost me £8.

Anyway keeping to the topic, after the exams we went to the pub for a few drinks until the licensee heard us chattin about GCSE results and booted us out. What a git. I noticed the pub oposite has two 6-foot-something bouncers outside the door, thats a shame because that is where Leeds "Fight Club" kicks off every night. Anyway, without an establishment to drink at we went back to someones house, it took about 6 cars and 3/4's of an hour to get back and we got more booze on the way but not enough. So we decided to walk though the rought estate (and god it is rough) to an off license to get some more. We got there and it was closed and then a large gang of townies apeared with their ultra-fly street slang and I think they asked us to "gerrof their turf innit" - so we did.

So there was about 20 people and not a lot of booze until someone got these really strong and tasteless bottles of "punch" out of their bag. It really tasted like Febreeze or something but we downed it reguardless. Some people drank too much and I spent about half an hour rubbing a gals back and holding her hair back whilst she chucked up into the loo. I didnt even get a "thank you" - she passed out on the kitchen floor so I stacked pizza boxes on top of her instead. Last I heard she fell asleep in the toilet and stayed there all nite. The vast majority of us slept on the living room floor which was alright until the affects of the alcohol wear off and you realise that sleeping on a solid floor ISN'T a good idea.

I got a taxi home about 11am and slept all afternoon. Then I got a message from a girl who I had been talking to last night telling me she needed to talk to me. Now this girl is my best mates girlfriend and I dont really speak to her a whole lot. However we started talking and she pourer her heart out to me about how her relationship with my mate (over 1 year) has been a waste of time and he doesnt understand her. I did the "moral support" thing and tried to help her out and now my best mate assumes there must be something going on with us. I dont know what happened eventually but I think they broke up and I feel crap if they did. I tried to do the right thing by helping her out but I dont know if it was right. What would you have done?

Now as if I didnt have enough to think about my mum decides to be a gimp and fall out with me. Why? Because yesterday when I had been sleeping all afternoon she woke me up and I was too tired to eat my dinner so she fell out with me.

Another general snipe at women is why are they allowed to get away with blatant sexism whilst men are put down at every hurdle for it. A programme called "loose women" was on tv when I got home the other day and they were mouthing off about "how good a world without men would be and how they are only good for fixing things" also "men are so simple" and "women are better than men" were mentioned. Now if another programme called "loose blokes" started saying "Women are sex objects only good for rearing children and making our dinner and cleaning the house" then there would be an utter uproar. But because "loose women" a feminist psycho-babble they are allowed to get away with it in the name of "equal rights".

Rubbish!

They say you should end on a high note, to hell with tradition.
Sat 23/08/03 at 16:29
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
That's quite crap. My comment about them only being able to play power chords still stands though, I've seen the tabs.
Sat 23/08/03 at 15:45
Regular
"8==="
Actually quite a few punk bands nick other bands riffs etc and then change one note.

Old punk tradition. Many of the bands you like will have started off by doing this.
Sat 23/08/03 at 15:40
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Kyz wrote:
> ELJUICY just informed me on msn that the intros to "Sum41: Heart
> Attack" and "Blink 182: Stay Together For The Kids"
> are remarkably similar. He is right too

That's because neither of them have the talent to play anything other than basic power chords, and they're probably playing the same power chords with the same timing.
Sat 23/08/03 at 14:43
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Play some genero-rawk in the background, preferably with a acousticy section in the middle, female singing.

Like 'Landslide', only bad.
Sat 23/08/03 at 14:43
Regular
"That's right!"
My stories involve fights.
Sat 23/08/03 at 14:41
Regular
What you need to do is ask Joey. Because Dawson won't help you, and Pacey's too busy having pretty much the same teen issues. You'd make a great new character on the Creek.
Sat 23/08/03 at 13:42
Regular
:-D
Sat 23/08/03 at 13:38
"period drama"
Double standards suck. Everyday.

Like that advert for the car insurance "just for women".
What the hell?
Someone should make one just for blokes - "Sick of the wife boosting up your insurance costs?" etc. How many thousands of complaints would that get?
Sat 23/08/03 at 13:29
Regular
It's the same principle as the "Men can't hit women"

I've been bítch-slapped by several of the opposite sex, but, as soon as you lift a handto them back, you're made to look like the bad guy.

It sucks balls.
Sat 23/08/03 at 13:18
Regular
"118 118"
I didnt intentionally - she came to me and asked to talk & she was upset. I couldn't really tell her no, it would be inhumaine!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.