GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Revolutions trailer in quicktime"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/08/03 at 09:01
Regular
http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rv_cmp/ revolutions1_640.html

Oh yes.
This will rock hard.
Fri 22/08/03 at 12:31
Regular
"everyone says it"
Trinity should have died. Neo broke the Matrix rules. It would have been cool if everything the Architect was saying was true and no matter what Neo did wouldn't change fate. But nah, asking Reeves to play a depressed role in the third film or actually cry wouldn't have worked, because he cannot act.

Philosophically - The Matrix takes ideas from simplistic realism. Kante (I believe) used the example as 'The Man in the Machine'. The mind and body and what is controlling what. Neo is in control of his mind over his body allowing him to manipulate the Matrix. However Reloaded went off the u-bend and started using a computer programme (Smith) to mimic what Neo can do, thats against my opinion that the human mind is a stronger thing...

*bored now* I've had this argument way to many times.

bah. Whats wrong with Reloaded? It was just a fill in second film, with only the last few minutes of the bloody film meaning ANYTHING towards the third. There was no structure to the film at all, there weren't any plotpoints that were needed. Sure, impressive action, but I sat in the cinema rather bored after a couple of minutes of the action.

How would I have filmed it? I would have taken the different forms or realism and portrayed them through training programmes, furthur explaining what I believe the first film was about. However, I can't honestly say what the hell the last bit with Neo in the real world was about, so all the philosophy falls flat on its face. No amount of Evangelion and manga can answer!
Fri 22/08/03 at 12:27
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
er-no wrote:
> Pathetic and laughable camera shots.

How? Pathetic and laughable how?
Do you mean the virtual cinamatography? Which is as new and innovative as bullet-time was in the original?
Bullet-time there's only two examples I can think of - during The Burly Brawl and the truck smash.
Or the freeway chase with the camera going *through* trucks and over speeding cars?
The freeway chase was only about 20% CGI, the making of on the Reloaded DVD shows you just how much physical stuntwork went into that, with Carrie-Ann Moss doing most of her own riding on that Ducatti.

> Says a future director that understands what a poor mediocre film
> Matrix: Reloaded was and doesn't look at all forward to the third
> film.

But you haven't said how it's poor and mediocre. You've dismissed the plot, yet haven't said why and what parts you felt were poor.
You've dismissed the effects.
Who is holding a gun to your head forcing you to watch the trailer?
That's what I dont get.
You've expressed your boredom of Reloaded, yet felt you needed to watch the trailer for Revolutions?
If you dont like it, dont watch it.
I havent watched the trailers for Tomb Raider 2. Why? Because it doesn't interest me.

I'm afraid, to me, that your studied cynicism comes off as meaningless posturing designed to be deliberately different from popular opinion.
And, sorry to sound hard mate, at the end of the day The Wachowskis are the ones creating ground-breaking cinema and you're not.

So until the day when you have a film with previously-unseen and unused techniques, you'll forgive my Nelson-like "Haa Haa" at your criticisms.
Fri 22/08/03 at 12:20
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
er-no wrote:
> The Matrix tries to place itself forward as a philosophical,
> thinking-mans blockbuster where as if you try to understand or know
> what they are on about (which is Ghost in the Shell, Renee Descartes
> and Hume inspired stuff) you'll see the actual 'explanation' parts of
> the film are just crap.

*sigh*
You're not understanding my question here: What philosophical ideas are they putting forward? I haven't seen Ghost in The Shell etc, so explain to me the ideas they are promoting, the philisophical stuff you said you could do better.

>I would have told them NOT to include every good part of the fighting
> and chase within it, that kinda ruined the movie. They sold what
> could have potentially been a great debate into a sell-out action
> movie.

That's not what I suggested and you agreed with, you said the plot was weak and you would have told them what to do should they ring, not how to cut a trailer.
What plot points didn't you like and how would you improve them?
Fri 22/08/03 at 12:19
Regular
"everyone says it"
Goatboy wrote:
> er-no wrote:
> Correction- 18
> year old student, off to study a science degree in film production.
> ---
>
> Ah, my mistake again.
> I didn't realise you knew so much about how to make better films than
> The Matrix Reloaded.
> What was I thinking?

I haven't claimed to be able to make better films than Matrix Reloaded. I hope oneday I do though.
Fri 22/08/03 at 12:17
Regular
"everyone says it"
Ok, the shots in the Revolutions trailer with Smith laughing, and the overused and rather 'no longer needed' shot of the wall hit. Apparently the point of Neo now is to what? Have another fight with a couple more hundred Smiths? I didn't say I'd do better. Infact with the amount of money I'd probably do the same and forget about

The Matrix tries to place itself forward as a philosophical, thinking-mans blockbuster where as if you try to understand or know what they are on about (which is Ghost in the Shell, Renee Descartes and Hume inspired stuff) you'll see the actual 'explanation' parts of the film are just crap. Sure, it doesn't stop it being fun, but I didn't like it for that reason. Remember the Reloaded trailer? I would have told them NOT to include every good part of the fighting and chase within it, that kinda ruined the movie. They sold what could have potentially been a great debate into a sell-out action movie.

As for the figures? Have a look on imdb and compare the sales/box office for the first and second. I might be wrong, then again... I just don't like the film :D
Fri 22/08/03 at 12:12
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
er-no wrote:
Correction- 18
> year old student, off to study a science degree in film production.
---

Ah, my mistake again.
I didn't realise you knew so much about how to make better films than The Matrix Reloaded.
What was I thinking?
Fri 22/08/03 at 12:10
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
er-no wrote:

> Actually yeah, if they had asked 'my' advice while writting the
> script for Reloaded I would have pointed out the minor points that
> were bad following on from the philosophy I have learnt over the past
> few years.

That's what I'm asking, what points? How would you improve? I can sit here and say "Well Pride and Prejudice is rubbish because I'd do it better".
Explain how you would improve it.
And I'm interested to hear what you mean by camera angles, what shots would you improve? How?

> Against predicted box office amounts for the weeks after the opening
> it didn't do too well, especially compared to the original.

Where are these figues though? You can't just say so, show me the link to the figues, otherwise I say you are making it up.
Fri 22/08/03 at 12:09
Regular
"everyone says it"
Goatboy wrote:
> er-no wrote:
> Says a future director that understands what a poor mediocre film
> Matrix: Reloaded was
> ---
>
> In what way?
> Pray tell, I'm strapped in and ready for the wisdom of how to make
> decent movies from a...what...16yr old student?
> This'll be good.

Decent movies - Donnie Darko for example. It used visual effects to enhance the story, whereas the Matrix merely used visual effects to make-up and build the storyline. Darko had brilliant acting from nearly all cast members, even the good actors who were in the Matrix all lowered themselves to Reeves level of 'badness'. Correction- 18 year old student, off to study a science degree in film production.
Fri 22/08/03 at 12:06
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Just downloaded and watched the big version and ... oh, excuse me, I've just come.
Fri 22/08/03 at 12:05
Regular
"everyone says it"
Its quite simple. I don't like the Matrix films.

Actually yeah, if they had asked 'my' advice while writting the script for Reloaded I would have pointed out the minor points that were bad following on from the philosophy I have learnt over the past few years. I don't know the twist within the third film, however I expect it to be much alike what everyone can imagine, the Matrix is simple an infinite regress.

Matrix = Numskulls.

Against predicted box office amounts for the weeks after the opening it didn't do too well, especially compared to the original. No doubt everyone will buy the DVD to see how they did the pointless fights and how they are taking filming to a level which no longer includes good acting. Merely stubborn planks who can pull a face and kiss a girl.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.