GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Retro Game collecting"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/08/03 at 19:44
Regular
Ever since reading the recent Edge Magazine, I realised how retro games and collecting has become such a big thing.
Especially Japanese games, which can go for over £80 over the internet auction sites such as eBay, and RPG games such as Final Fantasy III and Chrono Trigger are hard to find and worth a lot. After Sega announced they were going to stop making hardware, this meant that collectors began finding Dreamcast software and rare accessories from Japan to buy and sell for profit. This included their previous console, the 'Sega Saturn' where great games such as 'Radiant Silvergun' are selling for over £100.
Any person owning old games and machines might not know if they are worth anything until they see that it is actually a big money business.
After thinking about selling my N64 and my 30+ games, I decided to stop and keep them for atleast another few years. Who knows they might be worth something one day.

Anyone own any rare or vintage games/consoles which they treasure? Or has anyone picked up something cheap and sold it on for loads? A few months ago I picked up Perfect Dark on the N64 for £2 at a local market :-)
Wed 06/08/03 at 00:53
Regular
speak to valentino rossi, he the retro king ! :D
Tue 05/08/03 at 23:26
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I have my NES with many games:

Mario
Mario 3
Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong JR
Micro Machines
Dizzy
Captain Planet
Double Dragon Vs BattleToads
WWF Steelcage Challenge
Kick Off
World Cup
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles

Think I may have a few more...
Tue 05/08/03 at 21:51
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
I dabbled in retro games earlier in the year, then sold the whole lot about two weeks ago, with few exceptions the memories of old games are best kept as just that, memories. I went back to things like Nights, Mario 64, Sonic, and realised just how far we've come and how even the direst next gen game is often better in some ways.

As for money making, not really. Games like Zelda on the SNES retailed at around £40-£50, now they're worth about £20 if complete, most SNES games will not break the £10 mark, if that, and the same goes for most retro formats. A few are worth something, but only in excellent condition, and even then the market is limited. Plus the market for many games is being killed by new versions - Sonic'sare worhtless now because of Mega Collection on the GC, as is Skies of Arcadia on DC, Shenmue 2 DC and the MArio's on SNES 'cause they're on GBA.

Steel Batallion is a wise future investment as it will not be repeated and was limited to 1500 in the UK anyway.
Tue 05/08/03 at 21:41
Regular
"Festivus!"
It'll be worth a fiver in 2 years time.

Trust in me
Tue 05/08/03 at 20:03
Regular
"118 118"
I have Resident Evil 2, a sure antique!
Tue 05/08/03 at 19:44
Regular
Ever since reading the recent Edge Magazine, I realised how retro games and collecting has become such a big thing.
Especially Japanese games, which can go for over £80 over the internet auction sites such as eBay, and RPG games such as Final Fantasy III and Chrono Trigger are hard to find and worth a lot. After Sega announced they were going to stop making hardware, this meant that collectors began finding Dreamcast software and rare accessories from Japan to buy and sell for profit. This included their previous console, the 'Sega Saturn' where great games such as 'Radiant Silvergun' are selling for over £100.
Any person owning old games and machines might not know if they are worth anything until they see that it is actually a big money business.
After thinking about selling my N64 and my 30+ games, I decided to stop and keep them for atleast another few years. Who knows they might be worth something one day.

Anyone own any rare or vintage games/consoles which they treasure? Or has anyone picked up something cheap and sold it on for loads? A few months ago I picked up Perfect Dark on the N64 for £2 at a local market :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.