GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm making a movie!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/08/03 at 00:06
Regular
That's right, I'm fulfilling my "Wish list of things to do with my life" by starting work on my zombie B-Movie! It's only a small affair - a few mates as zombies and some nifty editing on my PC using some techniques I've picked up over the years. Should be interesting. It's nothing particularly original, but I want to do sometihng that I can compare before I start on the arthouse stuff. So cue atomic boams, fallout, flailing limbed zombies and a shotgun! Fun, fun, fun...
Fri 08/08/03 at 14:20
Regular
"keep your receipt"
I'm playing the crazy mass-murderer dude in a mates film too! Although I have to say that ours does actually have a plot, in a Dog Soldiers meets 28 Days Later sort of way.
Thu 07/08/03 at 17:29
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
Unbeliever wrote:

> Don't forget the blood packs under white T-shirts. And some kind of
> mild explosion device to set them off...

mesa thinks the explosion is for sending people flying.

To get the blood behind T-shirts or something the actor either rubs the bit that got shot or you use a gun that shoot blood pellets that explode on impact.
Tue 05/08/03 at 15:47
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Everyone is making films!

Even im thinking of making a little... 'thing' (not quite a film but something, and stuff, yah).

Ive made a tribute video already, thats fun.

Rock on monkey man.

\m/

Or something.
Tue 05/08/03 at 15:15
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Can you have that Mogwai (Gizmo) from Gremlins look out of a skyscraper window sqeaking, "bright light bright light" before its face melts and it dies screaming in agony.
Tue 05/08/03 at 15:14
Regular
"Excommunicated"
That's a rubbish boam
Tue 05/08/03 at 15:00
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
That's kind of how the scene will begin and end - a bright light fading into a retrospective clip of the city exploding - and then fading out again into another bright light.
Tue 05/08/03 at 14:53
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I like the pan down to the city, then as I'm enjoying the vista the screen goes all bright and the city goes away.

*Spolier*

I think that the megatonne detonation of the nuclear device is somehow connected to the vanishing. Maybe the city is pulled out of existence by friendly aliens as the precise moment the city should be vapourised. The zombies are simply the bodies of the depated minds who have gone to live with ET and his chum is new constructs in a far flung galaxy.

Anyway it's hard to make these assumptions based on the clip but I'm sure that they're not far from the truth.
Tue 05/08/03 at 14:00
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Sorry to keep going on about this, but:
http://www.pocketmonkey.co.uk/videos/bombhit2b.zip

It's a slightly longer (and better) version of that newer clip. And you're right, I do need a decent twist - Leprechauns or something like that. Anyway, opinions on this for now please.
Tue 05/08/03 at 12:25
"Darth Vader 3442321"
What about a twist on the genre? Undead insects come back from the dead to seek revenge on those whom they died stinging.

The first ever Zombee movie would be brilliant in my opinion.
Tue 05/08/03 at 12:25
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Oh look, a better sample:
http://www.pocketmonkey.co.uk/videos/bombhit2_small.zip

It's reduced colours and quality for filesize and stuff, but you get the gist.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.