GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bus prices"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/05/09 at 08:30
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Hi all, just set this thread up to just find out what it costs to catch a bus in your area (preferably the price with First buses).

For a 14-mile trip I'm paying £4.40 single (£7.40 return) or one weeks worth of travel for £26.40.

Is this extortionate or am I being naive on how much buses cost?
Wed 13/05/09 at 08:30
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Hi all, just set this thread up to just find out what it costs to catch a bus in your area (preferably the price with First buses).

For a 14-mile trip I'm paying £4.40 single (£7.40 return) or one weeks worth of travel for £26.40.

Is this extortionate or am I being naive on how much buses cost?
Wed 13/05/09 at 08:36
Regular
It's certainly enough! Taking in wear and tear, insurance, depreciation and petrol - a car would likely be less expensive.

Buses are bad. Trains aren't too taxing though, really.
Wed 13/05/09 at 08:54
"possibly impossible"
My bus costs £4.50 to get from Exmouth to Exeter, some 15 miles or so I guess, on Stagecoach.

However, my company subsidises the bus tickets to encourage us to be greener and I get a whole week (full 7 days) travel for £10. The buses are all on time or within a few minutes and the only complaint I have is the frequency later at night (they finish at 11pm).

Yes, occassionally the buses break down but not that often and most of the drivers are helpful (bar one that pretty much screamed at a bunch of Spanish students to sit down when they were lounging around the stairs and frond of the bus).

In my view it's down to the government to provide subsidies to allow bus fairs to be cheaper and provide strict rules for bus companies on cost and service of the buses.
Wed 13/05/09 at 13:24
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Still sounds a lot.

But how is the service on Stagecoach? Are they often late? Bus drivers rude? Buses clean (I ask this as was on a bus last week with a sandwich bag that had been on there longer than a week - i.e. liquified sandwiches and a "melted" apple).

Our council subsidises the route (well, from the beginning of this week) and the prices have remained the same... First's pockets look pretty lined from where I'm sitting (wait...standing, there's no room to sit down on my route...)
Wed 13/05/09 at 14:01
"possibly impossible"
Stagecoach are mostly pretty good and the buses usually clean. I do have to stand some times when i come home on the 4 or 4.20 bus as it's really busy with school children and people coming back from work.
Wed 13/05/09 at 17:41
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I remember when it only cost me 50p to get in to town on the bus - those days are long since gone.
Wed 13/05/09 at 20:48
Regular
My school bus used to cost me 21p a trip...

In Cardiff, it's £3 for all day travel on Cardiff Bus services.

It's the same price for a return ticket from the outskirts to the centre...
Wed 13/05/09 at 21:22
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Edgy wrote:
> In Cardiff, it's £3 for all day travel on Cardiff Bus
> services.
>
> It's the same price for a return ticket from the outskirts to
> the centre...

That's only across the bridge... Sems like the south west of England is getting a raw deal.

And my bus was late again tonight... D'oh!
Wed 13/05/09 at 22:51
Regular
hippyman wrote:

> And my bus was late again tonight... D'oh!

Now that's a regular occurance here. Although once I saw a bux leave 10 minutes early...meaning I had to wait an hour and 10 minutes for the next one.

(I was approaching the bus station at the time expecting to have plenty of time to get on the bus...)
Thu 14/05/09 at 08:11
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I've had them leave about 5 minute too early before. Nightmare.

Top First annoyance is the fact that they leave late from the station - it's due to leave at 17:15 and at 17:16 the driver ambles to the bus, does his checks, makes a tea, sorts out the payment machine, fiddles his thumbs and then lets the 80 odd passengers on. Surely they should be up and ready to go for 17:15 (or whenever the relevent bus time should leave)?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.