GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"'My husband's beaten me up and I havent got enough for the bus'"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/07/03 at 15:55
Regular
I had just dismounted the bus and was about to embark on a leisurely stroll back to my house. So, I was wandering, just minding my own business and a woman walks up to me and says, in a slurred voice:

'My husband's beaten me up and I havent got enough for the bus, could you spare any money'

So! Was she lying, or was she telling the truth? I know you get people doing this in town centres, but this was in a residential area...

If she was lying- how dare she? Using emotional blackmail like that to get me to give up my (not so hard earned) money. She didn't look beaten up, and surely she could ring 999?

If she was telling the truth- I might just go and slit my wrists now as I am obviously a cold-hearted cow who couldn't give her £1 for the bus!
Fri 25/07/03 at 15:55
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I had just dismounted the bus and was about to embark on a leisurely stroll back to my house. So, I was wandering, just minding my own business and a woman walks up to me and says, in a slurred voice:

'My husband's beaten me up and I havent got enough for the bus, could you spare any money'

So! Was she lying, or was she telling the truth? I know you get people doing this in town centres, but this was in a residential area...

If she was lying- how dare she? Using emotional blackmail like that to get me to give up my (not so hard earned) money. She didn't look beaten up, and surely she could ring 999?

If she was telling the truth- I might just go and slit my wrists now as I am obviously a cold-hearted cow who couldn't give her £1 for the bus!
Fri 25/07/03 at 16:08
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Probably just a drunkard. You should've given her some foreign money instead.
Fri 25/07/03 at 16:10
Regular
"That's right!"
Whilst waiting for my college mates in town to go to an exhibition thing (hey, we're cultured) one of the tramps came up to me. Well, he came out of the station, looked around, saw me and made a bee line for me. Had my headphones in, he motioned for me to take them out.

"Excuse me, sir, very sorry to bother you *burp* but I'm stuck here and I *hiccup* don't have enough money for the bus home *hiccup* You couldn't lend me 30p could you? Like I said I'm *burp* very sorry to bother you, it's my own fault, I'm so stupid! *hiccup*"

*I dig into pocket, his eyes light up*

"And anything else you can spare, please mate!"

Usually I just say "No." but I had some shrapnel I wanted to unload so I gave him two twenty coins and a load of 1s and 2s.

I just don't like the way they have a pre-planned speech, and it's ALWAYS the same, they all use the same crap about being stuck and needing just a few pennies more for their ticket home (except for one guy who made up stuff about needing 70p so he can pay for his mum's EYE SURGERY!)

If they said "Look, I need more money for drink and drugs." I'd say "More power to you." and hand over my change. But the fact that they lie to me annoys MoJo. Annoys him very much.
Fri 25/07/03 at 16:13
Regular
"Excommunicated"
" Excuse me mate... I spent all my money on my hotel, you couldn't lend us a fiver for a wee drink? "
Fri 25/07/03 at 16:22
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
A man came up to me and my friend and said "I just need a dollar!". He was bleeding from the mouth as well. If anyone had had a dollar it would have been the funniest exchage of my life.
Fri 25/07/03 at 16:26
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I bought a bag of dog food for one of those guys who sit in the street strumming a guitar with a dog sat beside looking sad.

Better than giving him money that he would use on crap.

I feel cool.
Fri 25/07/03 at 16:38
Regular
"uncopyable"
Unfortunately Matt, you are not ;-)

You should have shot the dog and stolen his guitar.
Fri 25/07/03 at 16:51
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I saw this old woman pick up a half eaten mars bar off the floor, wipe off all the hairs etc and eat it in Wolverhampton City Centre. I felt like giving her the sandwich I had just bought. But I didn't. Perhaps I should have.
Fri 25/07/03 at 17:48
Regular
"The Red Shift"
there was a "tramp" outside of this fish and chip shop i went to on a cold bournemouth night on holiday. i felt kinda sorry but knew how they had a system. i went into the chippie and sure enough 3 mins later he walked in, took his hood off to reveal walkman headphones and a good haircut. i actually laughed.
Fri 25/07/03 at 19:47
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Being a cold hearted Capitalist Conservative\Republican I never give money to anyone who begs for it, in fact I have only ever given money to three charities - the Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund, Salvation Army, and the 9/11 one for victims families.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.