GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Advantage-Playstation2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/02/01 at 09:48
Regular
If the new console battle for supremecy was a tennis match then I'd definitely say that Sony had the 'advantage' over the other players.

What gives them this advantage?

I'd say that it was the fact that its already on court, whilst its competitors are still preparing in the changerooms.There are also some pretty hefty 'smashes' in it's arsenal, namely SSX and Timesplitters.

Sony also have a number of service aces up their sleeves, those being GT3 and MGS2. Even though these have been delayed they should still hit the shelves before the others have gotten started. What other moves does Sony have in it's impressive range? Well it has a clever backhander with it's range of PSX games that are compatiable with the machine, and a nifty little lob in the name of DVD playback, this makes it so much more than just a console.

But what have the competitors?

Sega's game is almost up, they will surely be a credit to all consoles as a developer, but in hardware, they are dead.

Xbox? Too little information to make a real judgement on this 'player'. Sure he has potential, and he can talk the talk, but can he cut it out on the court?

Nintendo? I like Nintendo, and Im hoping there effort isnt too late. They will no doubt deliver a number of smashes but will they be too few and far between to catch Sony? They also have a trick up there sleeve, with the Gameboy Adv. This will make sure people see who Nintendo are again, get there name back in lights, as it works with the Gamecube somehow, it might work in there favour.

So at the moment I'd say Sony are breaking the opponents serve, and by the time the other competitors get out there, they should have a 1 set advantage.
Mon 19/02/01 at 10:19
Maybe we could set up a gaming session sometime. I definitely need a break from wedding preparations!
Sat 17/02/01 at 18:28
Yeppers.
Fri 16/02/01 at 16:31
"High polygon count"
I moved here with my parents when I was 15. Would gladly move back to London if I could afford to!

Thorplands is about a mile from Weston Favell Shopping Centre.
Fri 16/02/01 at 16:25
WM - Sorry doesn't ring a bell. I'm not a native either, I'm here on a sentence (Well that's my excuse, I can't say I came here by choice, I'd look mad!). I live near the bus station.
Fri 16/02/01 at 16:14
"High polygon count"
> You have my sympathy

Thank you. Originally from London, though.
Fri 16/02/01 at 16:13
"High polygon count"
Eastern District - Thorplands.

But not all the residents are as bad as you may think! :-)

(I'm far worse! ;-)
Fri 16/02/01 at 15:05
WM - whereabouts?
Fri 16/02/01 at 14:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
You have my sympathy
Fri 16/02/01 at 13:51
"High polygon count"
> I guess you don't live in Northampton then? ;-)

I do!
Fri 16/02/01 at 13:23
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
No, but I have sped through there with my windows shut and doors locked.
A lovely place.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.