GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hate"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/07/03 at 10:35
Regular
I don’t believe in hate. I have never hated anything. I’ve said I have, yeah, but I’ve never meant it. There is nothing that I hate. I don’t like war, or famine, or earthquakes, but I’ve never been near any of them. I have been taught that they are bad things so I think of them as bad things, but I don’t hate them. I can’t, they’ve never affected me. I’m not one of those people who can feel sad for people they’ve never met. For me, they’re just pictures on a TV screen. I can’t hate pictures.

I don’t hate anybody. There are people I dislike greatly, but I don’t hate them. Because I can understand what makes them how they are. Not at some great psychoanalytic level, but just a bit. No-body ever does things if they believe they are wrong. We’re all trying to get by and do what we feel is right, but everybody has different ideas of what is right so we end up colliding with each other, getting in the way.

I’m not even sure hate exists. I think it’s just a word people use for ‘very bad’. Perhaps once it had meaning. If it was used as infrequently as the ‘c word’ then it would have some effect. But it isn’t, so it doesn’t really have meaning. People are so polarized in their language. Television teaches us to be. It’s either love or hate, and nothing in between. That’s the opposite of me. I’m always in between.

I wander about in a daze most of the time. I feel like I’m missing out on something. While everybody around me and everyone on TV is feeling everything, having these massive dramatic feelings which they can easily articulate as ‘love’ or ‘hate’ or ‘happy’ or ‘angry’, I can’t define what I feel. I just do. I don’t think that you ever get one pure emotion like that. But on TV it has to be, because the characters only get a few minutes screen time. And I was raised on TV.

Love. I don’t think love exists either. Or, rather, I think the word is used to cover a broad range of emotions. I think there’s about a million emotions that are covered by the one word of ‘love’. There are different types of love, I think. Our language can’t cover it all, and I think this is a bad thing for a lot of people, when they think they should be like TV says.
Mon 21/07/03 at 10:35
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
I don’t believe in hate. I have never hated anything. I’ve said I have, yeah, but I’ve never meant it. There is nothing that I hate. I don’t like war, or famine, or earthquakes, but I’ve never been near any of them. I have been taught that they are bad things so I think of them as bad things, but I don’t hate them. I can’t, they’ve never affected me. I’m not one of those people who can feel sad for people they’ve never met. For me, they’re just pictures on a TV screen. I can’t hate pictures.

I don’t hate anybody. There are people I dislike greatly, but I don’t hate them. Because I can understand what makes them how they are. Not at some great psychoanalytic level, but just a bit. No-body ever does things if they believe they are wrong. We’re all trying to get by and do what we feel is right, but everybody has different ideas of what is right so we end up colliding with each other, getting in the way.

I’m not even sure hate exists. I think it’s just a word people use for ‘very bad’. Perhaps once it had meaning. If it was used as infrequently as the ‘c word’ then it would have some effect. But it isn’t, so it doesn’t really have meaning. People are so polarized in their language. Television teaches us to be. It’s either love or hate, and nothing in between. That’s the opposite of me. I’m always in between.

I wander about in a daze most of the time. I feel like I’m missing out on something. While everybody around me and everyone on TV is feeling everything, having these massive dramatic feelings which they can easily articulate as ‘love’ or ‘hate’ or ‘happy’ or ‘angry’, I can’t define what I feel. I just do. I don’t think that you ever get one pure emotion like that. But on TV it has to be, because the characters only get a few minutes screen time. And I was raised on TV.

Love. I don’t think love exists either. Or, rather, I think the word is used to cover a broad range of emotions. I think there’s about a million emotions that are covered by the one word of ‘love’. There are different types of love, I think. Our language can’t cover it all, and I think this is a bad thing for a lot of people, when they think they should be like TV says.
Mon 21/07/03 at 10:42
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
It depends on your definition of hate. I don't for a second believe that all the meotions that are encompassed by the word Hate are the same, in the same way that I don't believe that all the emotions we think of of as love are the same emotion.

In the end Hate is just a lable that we can apply to something we are feeling, and our feelings are so objective and personal that its difficult to say if hate exists or not.
Mon 21/07/03 at 10:53
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Yeah, I know about the dazed feeling. Lately I've been going about my business like a robotic automaton but I feel something out there eluding the grasping fingers of my thought. Everytime I think I've caught a fleeting glimpse of it, it escapes in a shimmering haze. Like something on the tip of your tongue or something that doesn't quite feel right. What's this got to do with the topic? Nothing, really. Just felt like saying it. Why can't I shake off the feeling that something isn't quite right? Why have i been feeling like this lately?
Mon 21/07/03 at 11:31
"Darkness, always"
I hate a lot of things. Not things I "dislike", or find irritating, but hate.

My life is a well of seething abhorrence and disgust at a world in which things often seem to exist for the sole purpose of píssing me off. I often find it quite frankly appalling that i'm forced to share the same air as some of the repulsive and abominable cretins that I have encountered in my time. If I had a time machine, I would dress up as a doctor and ritualistically find some of these people as they leave the womb and drop them on their filthy, repugnant, vapid heads.

Scum.
Mon 21/07/03 at 12:05
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Rosalind wrote:
> our feelings are so objective and personal

...eh? You either meant subjective or I'm so tired I can't even read any more.
Mon 21/07/03 at 12:06
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Yeah I probably meant Subjective.

Don't worry about it, I'm just rubbish.
Mon 21/07/03 at 12:07
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
As long as you own up to it.
Mon 21/07/03 at 12:09
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Because I'm well known for my massive ego, lying, being pompus, trying to weadle out of things, thinking I'm great....

What?
Mon 21/07/03 at 12:12
Regular
"8==="
Rosalind wrote:
> Because I'm well known for my massive ego, lying, being pompus, trying
> to weadle out of things, thinking I'm great....
>
> Bell?
Mon 21/07/03 at 12:13
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Unbeliever wrote:
> Yeah, I know about the dazed feeling. Lately I've been going about my
> business like a robotic automaton but I feel something out there
> eluding the grasping fingers of my thought. Everytime I think I've
> caught a fleeting glimpse of it, it escapes in a shimmering haze. Like
> something on the tip of your tongue or something that doesn't quite
> feel right. What's this got to do with the topic? Nothing, really.
> Just felt like saying it. Why can't I shake off the feeling that
> something isn't quite right? Why have i been feeling like this lately?

The Matrix has you, Unbeliever...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.