GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"best film director?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/02/01 at 16:35
Regular
jonathan creek's brother, dawson larry
Mon 19/02/01 at 21:59
Regular
"Whatever!"
How could I forget The Thing - That was one of Carpenters best films!!
Mon 19/02/01 at 19:13
I'm a big fan of Tim Burton's stuff. He's got a certain unmistakable quirky style to his films and has an eye for black comedy and social parody.
Speilberg is good, very good. He doesn't seem to have sold out (too much) to the public and just does the stuff that he wants to do. He deserves every award he ever got and will get too.
Wes Craven has a good eye for a horror movie, but his films are either hit or miss.
Mon 19/02/01 at 19:01
Regular
"Whatever!"
John Carpenter my vote for best director - Ive got most of his films, pretty good selection aswell - Halloween 1,2, Christine, Village of the Damned (remake), The Fog (remake), Escape from New York, Escape from L.A, Vampires...
Mon 19/02/01 at 15:20
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Akira Kurosawa would be my choice. He's done greats like 'The Seven Samurai'. Really cool vintage martial arts stuff - not any of this poncy Rush Hour nonsense.
Mon 19/02/01 at 13:51
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Come to think of it, who could possibly beat Speilberg? He's got to be one of the greatest directors of our time, surely? I mean, maybe he's not the greatest at the technical stuff, but when it comes to getting emotions across in films, he's the number one.

He started out with some TV stuff (Colombo, lol!) but his first big break was 'The Duel', and if you've never seen it it's a must for nail biting psychological terror. (A man in his car is being terrorised on the road by a mysterious truck driver.)

Then you've got Jaws, ET, The Color Purple, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Saving Private Ryan, Poltergeist, Schindler's List, every one of them great movies, where he manages to portray great stories, but somehow he has that knack of getting his audiences really involved in his films, where you are always rooting for the heroes or booing the villans metaphorically speaking.

As a producer, you've got Cast Away, Chicken Run, Gladiator....the man seems to have unlimited talent, and I think that we are very lucky to have him around to enrich our lives with his work in the film industry. I find it hard to find anyone to match his talents in the present day or the past.
Sun 18/02/01 at 23:51
Spielberg is pretty good, as long as you avoid some of his blunders such as Jurrassic Park2
Sun 18/02/01 at 15:01
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Martin Scorcese, Ridley Scott, Paul Verhoven or Luc Besson all get very high ratings, I always try and go for their DVDs when I'm out shopping.
Sat 17/02/01 at 21:55
Kevin Smith AKA Silent Bob!
Thu 15/02/01 at 16:35
jonathan creek's brother, dawson larry

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.