GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SRW Eclipse - Hardcore non title match - Batista (Figo) V The Jackal (RM18)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/07/03 at 20:50
Regular
Hardcore non title – Batista (Figo) V The Jackal (RM18)

We’re back on Eclipse and we are ready for what will only be described as career threatening encounter between Batista (Figo) and The Jackal (RM18). This match will be hardcore rules but the title will not be on the line. Batista and The Jackal met in a bruising encounter at Burnout in a match that saw Batista come out the winner. The Jackal needed time off to recover and declared his intentions of getting that Hardcore title out of Batista’s hands. The Jackal has hired Hardcore legend Mick Foley (RM18) to help him get that title but Batista has built a mini faction called the Hardcore Revolution. This consists of Billy Gunn (Asher D), John Cena (Afrojoe) and Batista. With this match being Hardcore rules, anything can happen.

We head to the locker room where we see the Hardcore Revolution. Batista is looking particularly angry today…

“I’m so sick of The Jackal messing around in my business. I warned him at Burnout that if he messes with me or the Hardcore title again, it will be the last time he ever steps into the ring. Now we are heading into Freefall and The Jackal is back again! I’m going to make sure that The Jackal doesn’t make it to Freefall and I’ve got you guys to make sure that happens. Also, I know I can’t walk around the arena without being followed by that pest, Crash (Grandprix). If you even see him, take him out and I don’t mean to dinner!”

We head towards another locker room and we see The Jackal (RM18) and Mick Foley (RM18) having a discussion. Unfortunately, we were told not to enter. It’s obviously a back up plan of some sort if things turn sour.

Batista’s music hits and out strolls Batista (Figo) to boos as he raises the title in his hands and points to Cena (Afrojoe) and Gunn (Asher D) as a sign of things to come it seems. Batista steps into the ring as Cena and Gunn pull out an array of weapons from underneath the ring and scattering them around the outside of the ring. Cena and Gunn finish what they are doing and take a seat near the announcer’s table with smug looks on their faces.

The Jackal’s contorted piano music plays and then flows into Foley’s trademark tune as the crowd cheer. Foley (RM18) has a stack of his new book in his hands and he hands them out to the fans. A small fan called DW managed to get hold of one of the books and looks overjoyed. Foley hands out all the books but one and he opens it up to the camera. Inside, The Jackal (RM18) and Mick Foley have signed it. How nice!

The Jackal surveys the current situation and steps into the ring as Batista just glares evilly at him. The bell rings and this match is underway. Jackal chants are beginning to ring out in the crowd and Batista looks around at them. He spots someone in the crowd and calls his cronies over. Cena and Gunn head into the crowd and attack a crowd member! They’ve attacked Crash (Grandprix) on his date with Jazz! Paramedics take Crash away after the vicious beating as Cena (Afrojoe) and Gunn (Asher D) head back to their chairs on the outside.

While the attack was going on, The Jackal (RM18) caught out a distracted Batista (Figo) and unloads on him with vicious bin lid shots. Just so you know, these aren’t trashy tin foil bin lids. The Jackal puts the bin lid on the mat and DDT’s Batista on it! OUCH! The Jackal picks up his trademark 2X4 and throws Batista off the ropes… OOOH!!! The 2X4 hits Batista in the head with great ferocity!

The Jackal goes for the cover but Cena (Afrojoe) and Gunn (Asher D) are in the ring immediately and start pounding on The Jackal. Foley (RM18) storms in and starts clearing up and throws Cena and Gunn out of the ring! The delay was enough for Batista to recover sufficiently to move out of harms way and to the outside. Batista is too close to the ring, baseball slide by The Jackal and Batista flies back into the security barrier!

Batista (Figo) is in a bit of trouble at the moment. The Jackal (RM18) heads out of the ring and slams Batista on the security barrier! Batista falls into the crowd and starts crawling away. The Jackal is in pursuit and starts kicking him through the crowd. The Jackal kicks Batista, Batista grabs the leg, trips The Jackal up, The Jackal lands head first on the metal fence sectioning the crowd off from the stage! The Jackal turns round, Batista charges at him, back body drop over the fence!

The Jackal climbs over but Batista is on his way towards the ramp and onto the stage. The Jackal seems to be following Batista everywhere. Batista swings wildly and misses, The Jackal back drops Batista on the stage! The Jackal wastes no time and picks Batista up. The crowd roar as The Jackal sets him up… JACKALKNIFE POWERBOMB!!! OFF THE STAGE!!! Batista folded up like an accordion! The Jackal is standing on top of the ramp, Cena (Afrojoe) and Gunn (Asher D) from behind! THE JACKAL FLIES OFF THE STAGE AS WELL!!! BOTH ARE DOWN!! Cena and Gunn look pretty pleased with what they have done… FOLEY DOUBLE BULLDOGS CENA AND GUNN OFF THE STAGE!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!

There is total carnage at the bottom of the stage. The Jackal (RM18) and Batista (Figo) are just starting to move but Gunn and Cena look out of it. Foley (RM18) is lying there but seems okay. Batista grabs a nearby cable and starts choking out The Jackal! The Jackal is fading! Foley breaks it up! Foley must be pretty annoyed that The Jackal had this match won and got thrown off the stage by Cena and Gunn.

Batista is moving slowly away from The Jackal and heading for the ring again. Batista always seems to run away from The Jackal. I wonder why that is… Back to the match, Batista is back at ringside and grabs his Hardcore title belt and sits behind the ring so The Jackal can’t see him. The Jackal looks a little disorientated, perhaps the fall was a bit rough. He heads towards the ring and is searching for Batista. The crowd are yelling but it’s not enough… WHAM! Batista smacks The Jackal in the head with the title belt! He goes for, what is amazingly, the first cover of the match! 1… 2…

KICK OUT! Good strong kick out by The Jackal. Batista (Figo) rams The Jackal (RM18) into the steel steps and then throws him into the ring. I think Batista wants to end this now! First, Batista wants payback! Batista smacks The Jackal numerous times with the same bin lid The Jackal had used earlier! Batista has had enough of that and sets The Jackal up… BATISTA BOMB!! BATISTA GOES FOR THE COVER!!! 1… 2…

KICK OUT!! THE JACKAL KICKED OUT!!! Is there any way of keeping The Jackal down for 3? Batista cannot believe what is happening and yells at Cena (Afrojoe) and Gunn (Asher D) to get down here. What we hadn’t seen was Cena and Gunn working over Foley (RM18) on the ramp. Cena and Gunn start destroying The Jackal! Batista joins in! It’s 3 on 1! This isn’t fair!

Both Batista (Figo) and The Jackal (RM18) have been busted open from the previous exchanges and Batista grabs the Hardcore title and stands over The Jackal pointing to the title. The Jackal smiles! Cena and Gunn can’t hold The Jackal down! LOW BLOW ON BATISTA!! CENA AND GUNN TAKE DOWN THE JACKAL AGAIN!! Cena and Gunn hold The Jackal and Batista grabs the belt again and lines him up!

WHAT THE HELL? Foley (RM18) calls to the back and THE ENTIRE HARDCORE DIVISION RUNS DOWN THE RAMP!! Foley runs into the ring with his book… WHAM!! Straight into Batista’s head! The entire Hardcore division is fighting in the ring! The ref doesn’t have a clue what to do! He’s called the match off! Batista and The Jackal will meet again and there will have to be a winner in that one!

RESULT: NO CONTEST
Mon 21/07/03 at 12:43
Regular
"..."
Fantastic...Normally I would like to offer some constructive criticism about a match, but if I had to write this one myself, it would have been almost the same as that. Top Job (y)
Sun 20/07/03 at 21:48
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Indeed RM18. It is going to be a great match at the PPV especially with it being TLC.

The No Contest crazyness was the only result I was going to attempt. The momentum in this feud has shifted so many times, anyone could win.

Bring on Freefall!
Sun 20/07/03 at 20:00
Regular
When I saw this match listed on Eclipse I thought it would be a tricky one to pull off with the actual payoff PPV match still to come (TLC, remember folks!), but you pulled it off very well.

Great action, some top hardcore moves and pieces, and if I do say so myself, The Jackal's appointment of Mick Foley as maager has given us greater creative licence and really added to an already super hot Batista/Jackal feud. Excellent work, Grandprix.

I just wish I could write the PPV match. :D
Sun 20/07/03 at 15:31
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Indeed. Top match. The whole hardcore division? Amazing! :D Jackalknife Powerbomb off the stage!! That ruled! The Jackal should have had it won right there. Only if it wasn't for Cena and Gunn... Well Done! :)
Sun 20/07/03 at 14:54
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Cheers for the comments. There is plenty to be resolved in this feud.
Sun 20/07/03 at 12:29
Regular
"I like cheese"
Ownage stuff, really enjoyed it, can't wait for the finale between these two at Free-Fall!

As always Matt produces the goods with a hardcore match, I agree with Figo about his favourite part, amazing stuff.

I remember the good ol' SRW days when the hardcore division used to run down in every match, maybe those days are returning? :D
Sun 20/07/03 at 11:52
Regular
Great match GP! Yep, the double bulldog off the stage was pure class, that would hurt! Nice ending too, the entire hardcore division, Imagine that!
Sun 20/07/03 at 08:35
Regular
Wow, That was one brutal and great match there Grandprix!

'JACKALKNIFE POWERBOMB!!! OFF THE STAGE!!! Batista folded up like an accordion! The Jackal is standing on top of the ramp, Cena (Afrojoe) and Gunn (Asher D) from behind! THE JACKAL FLIES OFF THE STAGE AS WELL!!! BOTH ARE DOWN!! Cena and Gunn look pretty pleased with what they have done… FOLEY DOUBLE BULLDOGS CENA AND GUNN OFF THE STAGE!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!'

That was the best bit for me, could just imagine it.

Oh and nice ending, this way Batista and Jackal still have much to fight for at Free-Fall.
Sat 19/07/03 at 22:05
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
PoP!
Fri 18/07/03 at 20:50
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Hardcore non title – Batista (Figo) V The Jackal (RM18)

We’re back on Eclipse and we are ready for what will only be described as career threatening encounter between Batista (Figo) and The Jackal (RM18). This match will be hardcore rules but the title will not be on the line. Batista and The Jackal met in a bruising encounter at Burnout in a match that saw Batista come out the winner. The Jackal needed time off to recover and declared his intentions of getting that Hardcore title out of Batista’s hands. The Jackal has hired Hardcore legend Mick Foley (RM18) to help him get that title but Batista has built a mini faction called the Hardcore Revolution. This consists of Billy Gunn (Asher D), John Cena (Afrojoe) and Batista. With this match being Hardcore rules, anything can happen.

We head to the locker room where we see the Hardcore Revolution. Batista is looking particularly angry today…

“I’m so sick of The Jackal messing around in my business. I warned him at Burnout that if he messes with me or the Hardcore title again, it will be the last time he ever steps into the ring. Now we are heading into Freefall and The Jackal is back again! I’m going to make sure that The Jackal doesn’t make it to Freefall and I’ve got you guys to make sure that happens. Also, I know I can’t walk around the arena without being followed by that pest, Crash (Grandprix). If you even see him, take him out and I don’t mean to dinner!”

We head towards another locker room and we see The Jackal (RM18) and Mick Foley (RM18) having a discussion. Unfortunately, we were told not to enter. It’s obviously a back up plan of some sort if things turn sour.

Batista’s music hits and out strolls Batista (Figo) to boos as he raises the title in his hands and points to Cena (Afrojoe) and Gunn (Asher D) as a sign of things to come it seems. Batista steps into the ring as Cena and Gunn pull out an array of weapons from underneath the ring and scattering them around the outside of the ring. Cena and Gunn finish what they are doing and take a seat near the announcer’s table with smug looks on their faces.

The Jackal’s contorted piano music plays and then flows into Foley’s trademark tune as the crowd cheer. Foley (RM18) has a stack of his new book in his hands and he hands them out to the fans. A small fan called DW managed to get hold of one of the books and looks overjoyed. Foley hands out all the books but one and he opens it up to the camera. Inside, The Jackal (RM18) and Mick Foley have signed it. How nice!

The Jackal surveys the current situation and steps into the ring as Batista just glares evilly at him. The bell rings and this match is underway. Jackal chants are beginning to ring out in the crowd and Batista looks around at them. He spots someone in the crowd and calls his cronies over. Cena and Gunn head into the crowd and attack a crowd member! They’ve attacked Crash (Grandprix) on his date with Jazz! Paramedics take Crash away after the vicious beating as Cena (Afrojoe) and Gunn (Asher D) head back to their chairs on the outside.

While the attack was going on, The Jackal (RM18) caught out a distracted Batista (Figo) and unloads on him with vicious bin lid shots. Just so you know, these aren’t trashy tin foil bin lids. The Jackal puts the bin lid on the mat and DDT’s Batista on it! OUCH! The Jackal picks up his trademark 2X4 and throws Batista off the ropes… OOOH!!! The 2X4 hits Batista in the head with great ferocity!

The Jackal goes for the cover but Cena (Afrojoe) and Gunn (Asher D) are in the ring immediately and start pounding on The Jackal. Foley (RM18) storms in and starts clearing up and throws Cena and Gunn out of the ring! The delay was enough for Batista to recover sufficiently to move out of harms way and to the outside. Batista is too close to the ring, baseball slide by The Jackal and Batista flies back into the security barrier!

Batista (Figo) is in a bit of trouble at the moment. The Jackal (RM18) heads out of the ring and slams Batista on the security barrier! Batista falls into the crowd and starts crawling away. The Jackal is in pursuit and starts kicking him through the crowd. The Jackal kicks Batista, Batista grabs the leg, trips The Jackal up, The Jackal lands head first on the metal fence sectioning the crowd off from the stage! The Jackal turns round, Batista charges at him, back body drop over the fence!

The Jackal climbs over but Batista is on his way towards the ramp and onto the stage. The Jackal seems to be following Batista everywhere. Batista swings wildly and misses, The Jackal back drops Batista on the stage! The Jackal wastes no time and picks Batista up. The crowd roar as The Jackal sets him up… JACKALKNIFE POWERBOMB!!! OFF THE STAGE!!! Batista folded up like an accordion! The Jackal is standing on top of the ramp, Cena (Afrojoe) and Gunn (Asher D) from behind! THE JACKAL FLIES OFF THE STAGE AS WELL!!! BOTH ARE DOWN!! Cena and Gunn look pretty pleased with what they have done… FOLEY DOUBLE BULLDOGS CENA AND GUNN OFF THE STAGE!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!

There is total carnage at the bottom of the stage. The Jackal (RM18) and Batista (Figo) are just starting to move but Gunn and Cena look out of it. Foley (RM18) is lying there but seems okay. Batista grabs a nearby cable and starts choking out The Jackal! The Jackal is fading! Foley breaks it up! Foley must be pretty annoyed that The Jackal had this match won and got thrown off the stage by Cena and Gunn.

Batista is moving slowly away from The Jackal and heading for the ring again. Batista always seems to run away from The Jackal. I wonder why that is… Back to the match, Batista is back at ringside and grabs his Hardcore title belt and sits behind the ring so The Jackal can’t see him. The Jackal looks a little disorientated, perhaps the fall was a bit rough. He heads towards the ring and is searching for Batista. The crowd are yelling but it’s not enough… WHAM! Batista smacks The Jackal in the head with the title belt! He goes for, what is amazingly, the first cover of the match! 1… 2…

KICK OUT! Good strong kick out by The Jackal. Batista (Figo) rams The Jackal (RM18) into the steel steps and then throws him into the ring. I think Batista wants to end this now! First, Batista wants payback! Batista smacks The Jackal numerous times with the same bin lid The Jackal had used earlier! Batista has had enough of that and sets The Jackal up… BATISTA BOMB!! BATISTA GOES FOR THE COVER!!! 1… 2…

KICK OUT!! THE JACKAL KICKED OUT!!! Is there any way of keeping The Jackal down for 3? Batista cannot believe what is happening and yells at Cena (Afrojoe) and Gunn (Asher D) to get down here. What we hadn’t seen was Cena and Gunn working over Foley (RM18) on the ramp. Cena and Gunn start destroying The Jackal! Batista joins in! It’s 3 on 1! This isn’t fair!

Both Batista (Figo) and The Jackal (RM18) have been busted open from the previous exchanges and Batista grabs the Hardcore title and stands over The Jackal pointing to the title. The Jackal smiles! Cena and Gunn can’t hold The Jackal down! LOW BLOW ON BATISTA!! CENA AND GUNN TAKE DOWN THE JACKAL AGAIN!! Cena and Gunn hold The Jackal and Batista grabs the belt again and lines him up!

WHAT THE HELL? Foley (RM18) calls to the back and THE ENTIRE HARDCORE DIVISION RUNS DOWN THE RAMP!! Foley runs into the ring with his book… WHAM!! Straight into Batista’s head! The entire Hardcore division is fighting in the ring! The ref doesn’t have a clue what to do! He’s called the match off! Batista and The Jackal will meet again and there will have to be a winner in that one!

RESULT: NO CONTEST

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.