GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should I start playing football again?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/07/03 at 17:20
Regular
I kinda packed in football totally at the beginning of the year.

I started when I was like 8, playing for a small team in a crappy league. That was fun and everything. When all my mates joined this other team, I also went there and it was brilliant. School mates playing football every weekend. We werent very good. Well, we were alright and everything... just other teams were better and stuff.

I continued moving back and forth through teams when I got some recognition. Scouts were coming to our matches and eventually picked my mate for the trials. I came this close *finger and thumb close together* to getting trials for Man Utd and Everton.

I got pretty beat up, being the defender/centre mid I was, and every Monday morning I was in pain from tackles I put myself in.

A year or two going into highschool I decided to go for the school team. First practice I went to, they named a new captain... that being me!
So great I thought, went a few years being captain but then it started to get boring. Then, I packed it in. And here we are now.

I was thinking of starting to play again, but seeing as though ive not done any serious sport for such a long time i'll get nackered very easily. I probably wont be as good as I was before either. And now, my dad comes in and says "Guess who I just saw..."

Me: "Dunno, who?"
Him: "Arthur, remember him? Your first coach"
Me: "Ah yeah"
Him: "He wanted to know if you still play football, and if you want to join his team..."

Blah blah blah.

So my first coach is still... coaching. I really want to go playing again but i'll be crap, nackered and generally not as good as the rest of them who have probably stayed on since they started playing years ago.

Hmm, I dunno what to do.

Thoughts?
Wed 16/07/03 at 12:39
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I used to be excellent at Football, I was on the school teams (junior and high school) and would play almost every night and weekend with my friends but then got into drink, drugs and girls and pretty much didn't bother again so now I'd suck big time.

I did however start getting into Basketball and was top of the class (first for everything) getting A* but there was no school team or a proper team for miles I could play with so it never went anywhere. I might try and get back into Basketball soon.
Wed 16/07/03 at 12:26
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
I'll be playing football for Bristol Academy for a second season now.
I'm a defender, mostly right-back and i suggest you go for it.
Tue 15/07/03 at 21:58
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Actually, no, im not boring... im fun.

Honest.
Tue 15/07/03 at 21:57
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Think im gonna go down and watch them train. If theyre like totally kick ass and way better than me (in my day) then I might drift away. However, if theres some retards that can only just kick the ball... I'll probably try out.

I want to run round a field again smacking a ball and a few legs around. Scoring/preventing goals, winning trophies at the end of each season and generally having fun with mates was good.

Now im a boring, lazy and probably unfit fart.

Baahhhhhh.
Tue 15/07/03 at 20:51
Regular
I rule at football.
Tue 15/07/03 at 20:48
Regular
"Festivus!"
I used to play football everyday. It was great at first - I'd never really played out much as the only people my age who lived on my old road were either a) Mentally Ill or b) In a wheel chair. So I played Nintendo.

It got REALLY boring though doing the same routine over and over again for enjoyment

'Not in Net!'
'What we playing?'
'Headers and Volleys'
*Plays*
'This is crap. You coming in?
*20 minutes later*
'You coming out?'

And my step-brothers still find it fun.

I admit, i love the odd game of football, but the Internet is my main source of leisure now, and has been for about a year now.

So, my advice to you would be to play, but don't fore yourself to do it - just make sure it's leisure and not work.

Indeed
Tue 15/07/03 at 20:02
NO NO NO NO NO DOUBLE NO (I FINK)
Tue 15/07/03 at 19:58
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Do what you want to do. Don't rush into anything because of pressure because at the end of the day it could all go wrong. I play football because I love it and I know I have the ability to go far with it, but if you don't have such a positive attitude towards the game, you won't get very far.
Tue 15/07/03 at 19:56
Regular
"joypadjunkies.com"
Yeah if you like the sport then go for it! if you dont like it wen you start again then you can always stop again...giv it a go.
Tue 15/07/03 at 19:55
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
If you enjoy it then go for it.
I used to play amateur footy and then got a bad injury and was forced to pack it in for a year and a half and get physio every two weeks just to get full use of my ankle again.

Started to play again last year and really enjoy playing. Play at uni and also play with mates every week but at the moment have too much time at uni etc to take on the extras of playing with a team and training etc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.