GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Website Screen size"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/04/09 at 11:41
Regular
Hi , I am using instant pro and designing it using a 19" display but when I look at it on smaller screens it,s too large ,should it not adjust to size or do I have to use a smaller screen ,but then it might be too small for a larger screen .Is there anything I can do to avoid this ,my site has skyscrapers left and right and does not exceed 672 pixels on the editor , any input would be great .
Sat 25/04/09 at 14:20
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
InstantPro sites are designed to work at a minimum resolution of 1024x768px (standard 17" screen). However this is without skyscrapers as they width of these can vary.
The templates are not designed to adjust to the users screen resolution as this would result in the layout of the page content changing on some sites, which is undesirable, much like our site, freeola.com.
Sat 25/04/09 at 13:01
Regular
Hi Motmoto, Thanks for your reply ,the resolution on my display is 1280x720 though I can set it higher [ less strain on the eyes] and my website is World of Pleasures.co.uk ,hope this helps....thanks
Sat 25/04/09 at 12:17
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Hi Sinistere,

I think screen size is taken into consideration with the InstantPro builder. What resolution are you using your monitor with? I would have thought it would be 1280×1080.

If you could just confirm this, we'l take a look for you.

Edit: Oh and your web site address might be useful :)
Sat 25/04/09 at 11:41
Regular
Hi , I am using instant pro and designing it using a 19" display but when I look at it on smaller screens it,s too large ,should it not adjust to size or do I have to use a smaller screen ,but then it might be too small for a larger screen .Is there anything I can do to avoid this ,my site has skyscrapers left and right and does not exceed 672 pixels on the editor , any input would be great .

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.