GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Horror Binge"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/07/03 at 18:48
Regular
Yesterday I watched three horror movies almost back to back.

Firstly I watched my video of 'From Hell'. It is the story of Jack the Ripper and is, well, pretty good. It isn't exactly scary and stars Jonny Depp, but despite those small downfalls it is a pretty good film.

I then went to the cinema with a lady friend (oooh) and went to see Wrong Turn. It is a decent film and is quite original despite having some stereotypical clichés within it. Basically a group of young men and women get lost in the middle of a big forest and are killed one by one by a group of inbred freaks. It is like deliverance only with a more disturbing and 'scream like a little girl' twist. It does make you jump, unlike a load of other films in the modern horror genre. Instead of having misfit twenty-something serial killers as the scary aspect of the film, it is something new and original.

Then we did 'stuff' for a while and decided to go and see 'Identity' at the cinema.

So I sat there for about an hour or so before things began to fall into place. The film is exceptionally clever and is both well written and well acted and contains a superb concept and very new slant on films. I am not going to spoil the film for anyone who hasnt yet watched it because it will mess it up for you. I think it is one of those films you have to watch again like Sixth Sense. At the end of the film you feel enlightened as everything that doesn't seem quite right all fits into place. It isn't a regular horror movie, it is more of a phychological thingy-ma-jig. Very good though.
Wed 09/07/03 at 19:34
Regular
Meka Dragon wrote:
> I do hope you're not criticising the acting talents of Mr Johnny Depp
> there?
>
> I find his performances most pleasing in a number of his movies. He's
> particularly good at playing slightly oddball characters, and his 'Ed
> Wood' was superb. And his Hunter. And Edward Scissorhands.
>
> And he was in Nightmare on Elm Street movies.
>
> He owns. :o)

Early reviews of his new film (Pirates of the Caribbean) go on about how good he is in that as well.
Wed 09/07/03 at 19:33
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Sleepy Hollow was an excellent film.

--

I agree. Very funny lines at points.

"It was a horseman, a dead one."
"Yes, we know. Thats why you're here."
"You don't understand, it was headless!"
"*sigh* We know."
Wed 09/07/03 at 19:33
Regular
"118 118"
Haha I forgot about those.

"woooooohababbabababa"

They reminded me of Fred Flintstone! "Yabadabbadoooo"
Wed 09/07/03 at 19:32
Regular
I went to see Wrong Turn. The inbred mutoids were funny with their hillbilly whoopings. It was grim when they sliced the top of thats girls head off with some barbed wire.

But then Eliza Dushku remembered she was Faith and grabbed an axe. Excellent.
Wed 09/07/03 at 19:25
Regular
"118 118"
If you took out the clichés and mediocre effects then yes.

It is better than average.
Wed 09/07/03 at 19:16
Regular
Sleepy Hollow was an excellent film.
Wed 09/07/03 at 19:15
Regular
"118 118"
He is rubbish in Sleepy Hollow.

At least I think it is Depp in that.

Christina Ricci saves the film because she is fine.
Wed 09/07/03 at 19:12
Regular
Depp's a great actor, please don't compare him to cockface Grant.
Wed 09/07/03 at 19:04
Regular
"118 118"
No, he is a very talented actor. I just find him a little patronising like that massive bumface Hugh Grant. Only on a lesser extent.
Wed 09/07/03 at 18:57
Regular
"not dead"
I do hope you're not criticising the acting talents of Mr Johnny Depp there?

I find his performances most pleasing in a number of his movies. He's particularly good at playing slightly oddball characters, and his 'Ed Wood' was superb. And his Hunter. And Edward Scissorhands.

And he was in Nightmare on Elm Street movies.

He owns. :o)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.