GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Advance warning of outrage Daily Mail style"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/07/03 at 12:13
Regular
New Brass Eye special for 2004, currently filming.
Had a call from a mate in Dover, they're shooting some of it now.
Subject?
After the Paedophilia special that had people foaming without even seeing it (I remember the screaming here), what has Morris chosen to have a go at now?

Asylum Seekers.
*rubs hands*
Apparently in Dover there are about 100 white guys with blacked-up faces toting plastic weapons and menacing passers-by whilst Customs & Government officials applaud and offer them tiny little houses and wads of cash.

How long before "Ban this sick, evil man" campaigns in right-wing newspapers?
Wed 09/07/03 at 18:50
Regular
"118 118"
Brass Eye is hilarius if you have the right sense of humour. However politically correct people find it offensive. I love it though :-)
Wed 09/07/03 at 18:45
Regular
Happy! Where've you been all this time?
Wed 09/07/03 at 18:40
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Check out the Day today mini-newses on Cookdandbombd.co.uk

"That's the Day today, and ain't it just the funkiest, newsiest mother sucker in the hood. Yo bor dance me a full stop y'all"

(Mini news 5)
Wed 09/07/03 at 15:07
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Goatboy wrote:
> You might just not find it funny.

But the thing is, the quotes I've been reading I've been finding hilarious.
Wed 09/07/03 at 14:20
Regular
"You've upset me"
"Now why are no paedophiles black? Ha...." *gets egg thrown at him*
*cut to ad*
*cut back to stuido*

"Wait a minute wait a minute... *to camera* ladies and gentlemen we've just been attacked by a member of the militant-paedophile organisation Milit-Pede!"
Wed 09/07/03 at 14:06
Regular
"8==="
I have 'the day today' on video.

I love the car crash bit.

"Is this cool?"

"Is THIS cool!?"

"Is HE cool?!"

Classic.

Oh and the "biatch-ass-muther****er- was an uzi lover" music video.
Wed 09/07/03 at 13:59
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
You might just not find it funny.
God knows I dont find 95% of what's "funny" even slightly amusing, doesn't mean I'm wrong anymore than you not liking Brass Eye means you didn't "get it" or watched a duff 5 mins.

Now Jam, I liked that but didn't laugh even once
Wed 09/07/03 at 13:39
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Ages ago, I only saw about 5 minutes of Brasseye. Eye (eh, eh?) thought it was utter crap, but from the way you guys are ranting about it, I might have a second look. I probably caught a crappy 5 minute bit.

I'll have a look to see if a mate has a DVD of it or anything or something, so I can, er, "borrow" it for a bit, and have a looky.
Wed 09/07/03 at 11:33
Regular
"You've upset me"
Mr. Happy wrote:
And of course the "Grade is a c**t") subliminal
> message,

Hmmm. I missed that, where was that supposed to be?
Wed 09/07/03 at 01:44
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
cookie monster wrote:
> Why would the daily mail be up in arms about this?
>
> They hate the current asylum seeker situation. Surely they would
> applaud this for once again highlighting the issue?

Morris isn't highlighting the current issue because that's exactly what he doesn't do. He's satirising stupid people's reactions to asylum seekers. I mean take the current Daily Mail campaign aout the asylum seekers who want to live in a better house. The Mail villified them as money-grabbing spongers who refused to live in a nice house and wanted more. I found out today that the family in question are living with their dying Grandmother and want a house with sufficient facilities that they can take care of her. Or the Daily Mail's campaign against the Judge who struck out Blunkett's new asylum laws. The Mail said the judge had chucked them out because they contravened human rights law. Cue Mail response: "What about our rights?!!!!". Wrong again. If you read the judgment the judge highlighted about eight of the numerous cases that had been linked together where immigration officials had manifestly failed to give asylum seekers a fair hearing and had found pathetic reasons on which to deport them. The most shocking example was a yound African girl who had arrived in Britain having seen all her family murdered and having been gang-raped, a point they accepted, only to be denied asylum on a technicality regarding her entry. Or the man who arrived in Britain, fleeing persecution, and saw that he had to seek asylum at the first port of call and so walked to the head immigration office - a considerable distance - only to be told that he could have sought asylum at an earlier port of call and so his claim was dismissed. Having highlighted all of these flaws the Judge then added one paragraph out of about 100, in which he said something along the lines of: by the way if you don't let asylum seekers appeal decisions properly then you're probably contravening European Human Rights Law.

The Mail is a deeply stupid newspaper and it will ge extremely annoyed that someone, especially "sick twisted Chris Morris", would have the gall to poke fun at it.

Also, it's almost certain that Morris will find something really quite shocking to say. After all we've had Sutcliffe the musical ("You know.. Perhaps he's just misunderstood"), numerous Jam sketches ("Darling.. I was raping her") and the entire Paedophile episode. And of course the "Grade is a c**t") subliminal message, though some claim it was put in their by Channel 4 to discredit Morris. That might sound far-fetched but Morris is usually more subtle, and he has admitted to sending letters to Nelson Mandela saying that Grade had supported Apartheid and asking for a comment, and to Paul Simon saying that Grade had always thought Art Garfunkel was the more talented and asking for a comment.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it.. Though Morris did say that he was never going to do Brasseye again because it had run its course.. and surely no celebrity would go within ten miles of him, let alone do interviews...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.