GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can anyone help find a video?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/07/03 at 12:04
Regular
Yes - the old type video not DVD

Streets of Fire starring Jon Pare, Rick Moranis and Ellen Barkin, circa 1984.

I have only ever bought stuff off this site over the internet and just normally go to the shop for anything else. I've spent a fruitless hour searching and I can find it in America but not the UK.

Failing that - if I buy a Arianet multi region DVD player from this site will it play the DVD from America? I'm guessing yes but just need confirmation.

If you're wondering why I'm asking a question that everyone bar me knows the answer to, just check my tagline.
Wed 02/07/03 at 15:47
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Great. I'll put my credit card away until I hear the update.
Wed 02/07/03 at 14:31
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I just ordered one of those yesterday. I'll let you know how good it is. At £60 it's a bloody bargain!
Wed 02/07/03 at 13:18
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Suits me - I'll go with your recommendation if staff confirm I can scart it through my video.

Surround sound? Me with surround sound? Hah that'll be the day. Wouldn't have a TV at all if it wasn't for the fact that I need something to watch my videos through so until it blows up on me (it's 12 years old) I will not replace it.

Really tried hard to leave the TV behind when we moved house in January.
Wed 02/07/03 at 13:07
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/ q_GG6685_ronin_p703_multire.html

Order the Ronin one.
£20 cheaper and has 5.1 input at the back for most excellent home surround sound should you or your fella decide to make DVDs even more fun.
Wed 02/07/03 at 13:05
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Tell me about it.
Play are very good though, usually take about 2-3 days to deliver, Region 1 DVDs as cheap as UK (Region 2) and months ahead of release dates over here.
Wed 02/07/03 at 13:00
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Ratfinkles!

I opened an account with play.com so I can order the DVD. I'm going to need a DVD player eventually so I may well buy it but nothing for me is ever bloody simple!
Wed 02/07/03 at 12:32
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Excellent, thanks for that. I got an account and bid for it!
Wed 02/07/03 at 12:31
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The Arianet DVD will allow you to play American DVDs (Region 1), the video has to be European PAL though, NTSC won't do it.
Try Ebay or blackstar.co.uk - they search for old movies on VHS.

Personally I'd get the DVD player - it's cheap and you can then order Region 1 DVD niceness from play.com
Wed 02/07/03 at 12:16
Regular
"Kill all Hippies"
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? (space)ViewItem&item=3334632451&category=30144

Not cheap though mate
Wed 02/07/03 at 12:04
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Yes - the old type video not DVD

Streets of Fire starring Jon Pare, Rick Moranis and Ellen Barkin, circa 1984.

I have only ever bought stuff off this site over the internet and just normally go to the shop for anything else. I've spent a fruitless hour searching and I can find it in America but not the UK.

Failing that - if I buy a Arianet multi region DVD player from this site will it play the DVD from America? I'm guessing yes but just need confirmation.

If you're wondering why I'm asking a question that everyone bar me knows the answer to, just check my tagline.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.