GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Official Nintendo Price Drop"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/02/01 at 16:59
Regular
Following from Sega's anticipated price drop from $199 to just $99 in the US, which has recently been followed over here in the UK where a new DC can be got for just under one hundred pounds, the good news for gamers is that the Nintendo corporation have joined in the console price wars.

Announced today is a 'Cross-continent' price slash, as they so eloquently put it. From Monday 12th February, all N64's will have their prices obliterated, and the console will be given away free with any purchase of Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

CEO of Nintendo Yamasushi Hoshima said to the press: 'When price wars of this nature have happened in the past, we and the other manufacturer's always wasted a lot of valuable marketing resources in continually bringing the RRP of our units down over an extended period of time. Nintendo feel that the time has come to commit to our user-base in a generous way, hence the N64 being given away for free with one of our highest selling and most popular games at present.'

In related news, Woolworths have announced that they have had to make a few changes in its pricing structure, and that Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, is now selling at 99 pounds as from Monday 12th February. Other retailers are expected to follow suit.

Source: FMNews.com
Sun 11/02/01 at 16:59
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Following from Sega's anticipated price drop from $199 to just $99 in the US, which has recently been followed over here in the UK where a new DC can be got for just under one hundred pounds, the good news for gamers is that the Nintendo corporation have joined in the console price wars.

Announced today is a 'Cross-continent' price slash, as they so eloquently put it. From Monday 12th February, all N64's will have their prices obliterated, and the console will be given away free with any purchase of Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

CEO of Nintendo Yamasushi Hoshima said to the press: 'When price wars of this nature have happened in the past, we and the other manufacturer's always wasted a lot of valuable marketing resources in continually bringing the RRP of our units down over an extended period of time. Nintendo feel that the time has come to commit to our user-base in a generous way, hence the N64 being given away for free with one of our highest selling and most popular games at present.'

In related news, Woolworths have announced that they have had to make a few changes in its pricing structure, and that Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, is now selling at 99 pounds as from Monday 12th February. Other retailers are expected to follow suit.

Sun 11/02/01 at 17:01
Regular
No FM, really didn't expect this from you.
Sun 11/02/01 at 17:02
Regular
"You've upset me"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Following from Sega's anticipated price drop from $199 to just $99
> in the US, which has recently been followed over here in the UK
> where a new DC can be got for just under one hundred pounds, the
> good news for gamers is that the Nintendo corporation have joined in
> the console price wars.

Announced today is a 'Cross-continent'
> price slash, as they so eloquently put it. From Monday 12th
> February, all N64's will have their prices obliterated, and the
> console will be given away free with any purchase of Legend of
> Zelda: Majora's Mask.

CEO of Nintendo Yamasushi Hoshima said to
> the press: 'When price wars of this nature have happened in the
> past, we and the other manufacturer's always wasted a lot of
> valuable marketing resources in continually bringing the RRP of our
> units down over an extended period of time. Nintendo feel that the
> time has come to commit to our user-base in a generous way, hence
> the N64 being given away for free with one of our highest selling
> and most popular games at present.'

In related news, Woolworths
> have announced that they have had to make a few changes in its
> pricing structure, and that Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, is now
> selling at 99 pounds as from Monday 12th February. Other retailers
> are expected to follow suit.

that actually true?
Sun 11/02/01 at 17:04
Regular
No Rasta, it's not true, if you think about it!
He don't have a N64!
Sun 11/02/01 at 17:07
Regular
"You've upset me"
SNIPER wrote:
> No Rasta, it's not true, if you think about it!
He don't have a
> N64!

;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.