GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best Bruce Lee DVDs and cheapest place to buy?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/06/03 at 23:21
Regular
I have heard the Bruce Lee movies are amazing.
Thu 19/06/03 at 23:21
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
I have heard the Bruce Lee movies are amazing.
Thu 19/06/03 at 23:36
Regular
Usual places kid.
Play.com and CDwow.com
Thu 19/06/03 at 23:40
Regular
"I'm Great."
Me thinks you got a load of spare cash. Bye this bye that. I wanna be able to do that. So not fair.

Just try the usual places, Play, DVD.co.uk, etc...
Thu 19/06/03 at 23:42
Regular
When you consider the fact that there aren't any CGI's and that acting wasn't the main foucs you will understand what genius Bruce Lee films are. PLAY.com is the best place to start and as for which films to choose...

Personally I would go for them all. They are only around £6.99 each and they have been re-mastered in Dolby Digital and the majority are un cut. Go to play.com and scroll down to actor search. Type in Bruce Lee and just have a gander at what is there. Big Boss, The Way of the Dragon and Enter the Dragon are some of his better efforts. It just depends on how much you appreciate old school fighting with slightly negative directing. You will either love the films or hate them. If you love one of his films you will most likely love them all.

Buy Enter the Dragon first and then build your collection from there. When you consider modern Martial arts films with all the fancy trimmings you might find these a bit disappointing. However if you can appreciate the Bruce Lee films then you are in for a very big treat!
Fri 20/06/03 at 00:39
Regular
"None Stored"
get fist of fury, it rocks
Fri 20/06/03 at 00:59
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
You heard right, Bruce Lee movies are amazing.

I am a big fan of the 'Hong Kong Legends' movies (www.hongkonglegends.co.uk) you should also find all the martial arts movies you can think of, including Bruce Lee, and cheap too. Right now they are selling some titles in a 3 for £22 deal.

In the past week I have bought 8 HKL movies, and they are all amazing. As it happens the latest title I got was 'Bruce Lee: Fist of Fury' I just bought it yesterday. It's amazing, and if you can appreaciate the time these movies were made and how these guys do all their own stunts and fight scenes, they put some major hollywood actors to shame.

Take a look at the next movie you watch that's directed by Jackie Chan, look out for the camera angles, they stay at the same angle throughout the fight scenes because there's no need for multi-angles as he does all his own fighting, so you get a better view of the scenes, which to me is a welcome change to the glitz and glam special effects from most hollywood movies.

But if you're looking for something else, as well as Bruce Lee movies, I would recommend the 'Once Upon A Time In China Trilogy' This trilogy has some of the best fight scenes I've seen, especially the scene with Jet Li and Yam Sai-kwoon in the first movie, it's fantastic to watch and some of the stuff is unbelievable, and what makes it special, is that it's all true talent from the actors themselves.

So I would recommend you check out the Hong Kong legends web site and you'll also find the movies quite cheap too.
Fri 20/06/03 at 15:37
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
Cid Vilante said "Me thinks you got a load of spare cash. Bye this bye that. I wanna be able to do that. So not fair."

Im actually not loaded with money at all, I love watching + buying DVDs I only have 8 or 9 DVD in total I'd like to eventually build up my collection, I like to see peoples opinions on films so that I know whether its worth getting or not especially If Im not familiar with the films like Bruce Lee movies or Clint Eastwood Westerns, you get the picture. The most recent DVD I bought was the brilliant 1st season of the Sopranos. Im buying one or 2 DVDs soon a Bruce Lee one and Once Upon a Time In America. This is good as my Local Blockbuster are selling Bruce Lee titles on DVD for only £5.78!!
Fri 20/06/03 at 16:00
Regular
In terms of great Bruce Lee films with the best extras i'd go for Game of Death, Fist of Fury and Big Boss.

Definetly my favourites and some truely superb disks, HKL can't be beaten for DVD's.
Fri 20/06/03 at 16:16
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
Yeah I have been looking at HongKongLegends.co.uk the DVDs are cheap and the movies sound amazing, Blockbuster Video though are selling Bruce Lee movies only a mere £6.78 theres a 30th Anniversery DVD boxset coming out next month, looks great see the link below:

http://www.hongkonglegends.co.uk/index.php

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.