GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Deathwatch..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/06/03 at 09:34
Regular
I finally got round to watching this film last night. It is very good yet fairly bizarre, whilst compellingly original.

Just one question to anyone who has seen it...

Is the German guy who lets Shakespeare 'be free' at the end some sort of religious figure? It adds up y'see.

- Everyone thinks they are dead, when they get radio communication etc
- This would mean they were in purgatory
- Most of the mean go mad and therefore fail the test of purgatory and go to hell
- Shakespeare tries to save the German guy, who I think is the feller who is sort of in charge of purgatory or gatekeeper to heaven/hell (St Paul, I think...)
- The religious soldier is the first to go crazy, which has some significance
- Then at the end the exact same scenario occurs again

You reckon this is right or I have just tried to look too deeply?

And when Shakespeare is set free at the end, does he go to heaven or back to life ?
Thu 19/06/03 at 16:49
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
tick tock
Thu 19/06/03 at 16:24
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
My mate refuses to beleive me - can I get some more opinions please?
Thu 19/06/03 at 10:16
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Maybe I was just alert. hmm
Thu 19/06/03 at 09:54
Regular
"Ah the mystic porta"
well i watched it a long time ago in the cinema and then i watched yesterday and today. im not very good at seeing deep into all that stuff
Thu 19/06/03 at 09:53
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
3 times and it never crossed your mind?
Thu 19/06/03 at 09:47
Regular
"Ah the mystic porta"
i just finished watching the film for a third time. the german soldier could be some kind of religious figure from what you are saying but i havn't ever looked at it in that way. maybe the german soldier is some kind of gatekeeper there to give judgment on weather people are worthy of heaven.
Thu 19/06/03 at 09:34
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I finally got round to watching this film last night. It is very good yet fairly bizarre, whilst compellingly original.

Just one question to anyone who has seen it...

Is the German guy who lets Shakespeare 'be free' at the end some sort of religious figure? It adds up y'see.

- Everyone thinks they are dead, when they get radio communication etc
- This would mean they were in purgatory
- Most of the mean go mad and therefore fail the test of purgatory and go to hell
- Shakespeare tries to save the German guy, who I think is the feller who is sort of in charge of purgatory or gatekeeper to heaven/hell (St Paul, I think...)
- The religious soldier is the first to go crazy, which has some significance
- Then at the end the exact same scenario occurs again

You reckon this is right or I have just tried to look too deeply?

And when Shakespeare is set free at the end, does he go to heaven or back to life ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.