GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donnie Darko"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/06/03 at 18:15
Regular
I just have to say, this is probably one of the best films I've ever seen. I just saw it today, not sure how old it actually is, but anyone who wants to see a film really should go for this.

It's so strange and whilst it makes little sense at first, the longer you watch, everything unfolds perfectly.

Honestly, watch this right now.
Sat 21/06/03 at 15:12
Regular
Richard Kelly's cinematic master piece... the greatest movie of all time.

http://www.synae.com/films/donnie.htm
Sat 21/06/03 at 14:27
Regular
I'd never heard of it until I saw it, so I didn't just keep telling myself it was good because some review did, like many did with Mario Sunshine, I rented it blindly and found it amazing. As for an abstract storyline, what's wrong with one? The Usual Suspects had one and remains to be my favourite films of all time.
Fri 20/06/03 at 18:07
Regular
Pfft.

The idea of the film was to make your own understanding of it, And god it was done very cleverly.

I liked it, T'was a good flick to watch.
Fri 20/06/03 at 17:39
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> It's a film that doesn't deem it necessary to lay out all the answers
> right in front of you

It's a film that doesn't tell the story properly (if at all). It doesn't "deem" itself to have to actually explain what's happening. It's much ado about nothing, much as I suppose Lynch's work is (going on opinions, although I must get round to watching this 'hawt lesbian axxion').
Fri 20/06/03 at 17:32
Regular
Donnie Darko is overrated. Apparently Igby Goes Down is very Darko-esque, so I want to see that. If I can get over Kieran Culkin being in a 'serious' film..

Not saying Darko isn't a good film, it is, but not the indie revolution it's made out to be.
Fri 20/06/03 at 17:10
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
It's a film that doesn't deem it necessary to lay out all the answers right in front of you, that demands you dig a little deeper to find out what's going on. What's wrong with that?

Don't even get me started on Lynch films. And Mulholland Drive didn't even have the 'hardcore lesbian action' I was promised.
Fri 20/06/03 at 16:31
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Jonathan Nash wrote:
> Awww, you didn’t understand it.

Due to the abysmal way the narrative was presented, you CAN'T understand it fully without reading the book mentioned in the film (only available on the DVD or website). The assessment was bang on.
Fri 20/06/03 at 13:43
Regular
Melancholy wrote:
> Poor pretentious film for people who want to think that they're
> smart.

Awww, you didn’t understand it.
Fri 20/06/03 at 12:53
Regular
Just ordered it off play.com

:D
Thu 19/06/03 at 22:31
Regular
"Eezeepeezeezeepeeze"
Poor pretentious film for people who want to think that they're smart.

You want a smart film, watch memento.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.