GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reading and Leeds Festival 2009"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/03/09 at 11:55
Regular
"Mooching around"
Well, after the mayhem that ensued on all major online ticket retailers after the release of the festival tickets, I just managed to nab a weekend ticket for the festival, and after 1 and half hours of refreshing pages hoping to see something, I think I deserve it!

So what's all the fuss about? Well after last year's fantastic line up including Rage Against the Machine, The Killers and Metallica, the awareness for the festival was heightened greatly.

So then, who do we have this year? Well so far, the line up looks like this:

Friday 28th August
Kings Of Leon
Kaiser Chiefs
Placebo
Fall Out Boy
Deftones
Funeral For A Friend

Saturday 29th August
Arctic Monkeys
the Prodigy
Maximo Park
Ian Brown
the Courteeners
Enter Shikari
Eagles Of Death Metal

Sunday 30th August
Radiohead
Bloc Party
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Vampire Weekend
Brandnew

NME/BBC Radio 1 Stage
Gossip
Glasvegas
Jamie T
AFI
White Lies
Friendly Fires
Gallows
The Maccabees
Florence And The Machine
The Gaslight Anthem

A pretty decent line up in my opinion, a few odd choices, but overall, I'm excited. The Prodigy looked fantastic last year at V festival, and with their new album out they should be in top form.

Bloc Party are always a welcomed live band for me, they play well and get the crowd jumping.

The NME/BBC Radio 1 Stage won't be visted too often by me so far, but I know a fair few people who will be looking forward to seeing AFI and Gossip about.

Personally, I'm most looking forward to Placebo, Deftones, the Prodigy and Enter Shikari.
Tue 31/03/09 at 18:59
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
A lad at work has been trying all day to get weekend tickets for Leeds but to no avail - seems like it's sold out already, or that the internet at work is so dam slow, he's getting 'timed-out' :-(
Tue 31/03/09 at 18:04
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
ButchML wrote:
> This I very much agree with, much better line-up in my opinion.
Me too. Didn't realise Billy Talent have a new album out this year.
Been to a few Reading festivals but feel too old now!
Tue 31/03/09 at 13:13
Regular
Faith No More... I'd go just to see them.
Tue 31/03/09 at 13:02
Regular
"Mooching around"
I only just saw the Download line up, it does look fantastic. Most of my mates who didn't get a Reading ticket are going there now.

I've heard Reading has a better community, obviously that's subjective though.
Tue 31/03/09 at 12:29
Regular
"THFC"
I may have to go along to Reading, i have been 3 out of the past 5 years i think and i always enjoy it, the line up looks pretty good but i have seen a lot of them before.

Would want to see Kings of Leon again, Bloc Party again, never seen Prodigy but that would be sweet lol

I will have a look at prices and try collect a ticket from ebay or something i figure.
Tue 31/03/09 at 12:25
"possibly impossible"
I'd love to go as well, but tickets are really expensive and I just don't get time to travel half way across the country.

I'll try to enter any competitions I can find for tickets, but other than winning one of those I think my chances are pretty low. :(
Tue 31/03/09 at 12:18
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
pb wrote:
> Most of those don't interest me, though I'd love to see Kings of
> Leon live. Download interests me far more;
>
> Faith No More
> Slipknot,
> The Prodigy,
> Korn,
> Dragon Force,
> Devildriver,
> Pendulum,
> MötleyCrüe,
> Limp Bizkit,
> Trivium,
> Def Leppard,
> Whitesnake,
> ZZ Top,
> Marilyn Manson,
> Anvil,
> Billy Talent,
> The Blackout,
> Down,
> Chris Cornell,
> Papa Roach,
> Lacuna Coil,
> Journey,
> Blackstone Cherry,
> Skin, Tesla,
> Clutch ,
> Karma To Burn,
> Parkway Drive,
> Architects,
> Dream Theater
> Buckcherry and Killswitch Engage

This I very much agree with, much better line-up in my opinion.
Tue 31/03/09 at 12:11
"possibly impossible"
Most of those don't interest me, though I'd love to see Kings of Leon live. Download interests me far more;

Faith No More
Slipknot,
The Prodigy,
Korn,
Dragon Force,
Devildriver,
Pendulum,
MötleyCrüe,
Limp Bizkit,
Trivium,
Def Leppard,
Whitesnake,
ZZ Top,
Marilyn Manson,
Anvil,
Billy Talent,
The Blackout,
Down,
Chris Cornell,
Papa Roach,
Lacuna Coil,
Journey,
Blackstone Cherry,
Skin, Tesla,
Clutch ,
Karma To Burn,
Parkway Drive,
Architects,
Dream Theater
Buckcherry and Killswitch Engage
Tue 31/03/09 at 11:55
Regular
"Mooching around"
Well, after the mayhem that ensued on all major online ticket retailers after the release of the festival tickets, I just managed to nab a weekend ticket for the festival, and after 1 and half hours of refreshing pages hoping to see something, I think I deserve it!

So what's all the fuss about? Well after last year's fantastic line up including Rage Against the Machine, The Killers and Metallica, the awareness for the festival was heightened greatly.

So then, who do we have this year? Well so far, the line up looks like this:

Friday 28th August
Kings Of Leon
Kaiser Chiefs
Placebo
Fall Out Boy
Deftones
Funeral For A Friend

Saturday 29th August
Arctic Monkeys
the Prodigy
Maximo Park
Ian Brown
the Courteeners
Enter Shikari
Eagles Of Death Metal

Sunday 30th August
Radiohead
Bloc Party
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Vampire Weekend
Brandnew

NME/BBC Radio 1 Stage
Gossip
Glasvegas
Jamie T
AFI
White Lies
Friendly Fires
Gallows
The Maccabees
Florence And The Machine
The Gaslight Anthem

A pretty decent line up in my opinion, a few odd choices, but overall, I'm excited. The Prodigy looked fantastic last year at V festival, and with their new album out they should be in top form.

Bloc Party are always a welcomed live band for me, they play well and get the crowd jumping.

The NME/BBC Radio 1 Stage won't be visted too often by me so far, but I know a fair few people who will be looking forward to seeing AFI and Gossip about.

Personally, I'm most looking forward to Placebo, Deftones, the Prodigy and Enter Shikari.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.