GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone heard about this?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/06/03 at 09:34
Regular
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/2995794.stm

--

The enquiry opens today into whether the UK government misled parliment.
Seeing as it was the news leader story about 2 weeks ago, you'd think that this would register somewhere wouldn't you?
Not on the news this morning, not on teletext that I could see, no reports on the radio.
Newspapers?

The Euro referendum, Big Brother evictions, an actress falling from a window and the sudden upsurge in attacks against US troops in Iraq (being labelled as terrorists. Nope, I dont agree with their actions but they're resistance, *not* terrorists. Terrorists deliver surprise attacks against specific targets to promote a political idealogy, resistance fighters attack occupying forces in their lands).

Ladies and gentlemen, this is whitewashing in action. Keep 'em peeled and see just how much coverage this gets.
Fri 20/06/03 at 21:05
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
Blank wrote:
> I expect the only media coverage other than on the net will be
> Newsnight, and Paxman will give some woman a grilling for no obvious
> reason.

I don't like Paxman. He always puts the pressure on the students on Uni challenge. And the camera looks like it's going to hit the contestant really hard when they press the buzzer. GRRRR, damn that Paxman and his buzzers...
Fri 20/06/03 at 20:30
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Anyone else notice that a few days into this inquiry, a NEW TERROR ALERT SAYS WE COULD ALL BE BLOWN TO BITS AND SHOULD HIDE UNDER OUR DESKS IN CASE OF SADDAM'S WEAPONS.

Twas to be expected, but boy was it cliche.
Fri 20/06/03 at 20:20
Regular
I don't really believe it either I was just checking to see if my registration was alright.
Fri 20/06/03 at 19:45
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Ha. Unlikely. He's too much of a gormless worm.
Fri 20/06/03 at 18:43
Regular
two years from now Blair will be President of Europe
Wed 18/06/03 at 22:55
Regular
And today we get half an hour on Beckham, including 10 minutes on 'life in Madrid'...

From the link,
Bush:
"This nation acted to a threat from the dictator of Iraq. Now there are some who would like to rewrite history; revisionist historians is what I like to call them,"

...and we're in Iraq to free their civilians...

The ironing.
Wed 18/06/03 at 10:44
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Well, yes it does matter. Blair is shirking away from the point and trying to mask his failings and misleading the public with ther amount of spin a Texan running for senator would be proud of.

While in Iraq, the public stage mass demonstrations against US rule in their country. The reply? The US army fires back on innocent civilians and kills them. What kind of brutes would fire on a protest?

If it was done in this country, head would roll.
Wed 18/06/03 at 02:23
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Well its all done and dusted now, does it really matter?
Tue 17/06/03 at 19:48
Regular
"Selected"
Goatboy wrote:
> Terrorists deliver surprise attacks against specific targets to promote > a political idealogy

I think your contradicting yourself there - I doubt American troops have any idea that they're about to be attacked and I'd say a bus full of troops is pretty specific. I also doubt that the terrorists (because I agree that it's what they are) are doing this for fun - they're proving their loyalty to a political idealogy, as you put it.
Tue 17/06/03 at 17:52
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I expect the only media coverage other than on the net will be Newsnight, and Paxman will give some woman a grilling for no obvious reason.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.