GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"19th"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/06/03 at 20:13
Regular
My 19th yesterday. Didn't go out, instead I just asked a few people around my place (nothing big) since my parents went on holiday for two weeks. My mate Jay came around first at about 12, we had a couple of cans, played some Halo. Then my mate from college, Scott, came over a little later. I only invited three people from college, the other two were busy, which was a shame. He whooped me at SmackDown 4 then I whooped him.

Fos and Seb came over, got some money from me and went to ASDA to get the drink and food for the barbeque. After they left, Wal showed up and me, him, Jay and Scott sat out in my garden (drinkless) having a laugh and talking about girls, drink and drugs. Scott is funny as hell, but he had to leave early to go see someone else. After he left Seb and Fos got back with a couple of crates and a load of burgers. We thought Seb was bringing his BBQ, he thought we had one. So they went back to ASDA to get a disposable one while we dug out a really old, rusted and filthy black one from one of my sheds. They got back but Jay had to leave to get ready for work, which he couldn't get out of. He said he'd get back by about 11 (it was 4pm at that time)

Just like the last time we had a barbeque, Seb went insane with the fire. He said he never played with fire as a kid like everybody else, so he was making up for lost time. They had a crate of 25 bottles between them (plus the bottles Fos brought over himself) I had my own crate of 15 bottles of Bud. They were drunk as soon as they started having whisky. Since it was still early, I stuck to my beer. We had two disposables and my old BBQ going, and had a tonne of burgers. When we couldn't be bothered to eat any more, Wal threw one at me. Then he picked it up and threw it down the garden at Fos, who was looking for more lighter fluid. It missed him, but as he bent down to pick it up the one Seb had thrown hit him on the shoulder. Wal and Seb fell on the grass in tears almost, and Fos threw it back at us. My garden is pretty long, it was an amazing shot by Seb.

Wal and Seb left to meet Seb's bird to bring her over, and when they were gone Wal's bird Laura showed up. By now we'd moved the table down to the end of the lawn and Seb's brother Tom was with us. We started up the BBQ again because Tom was hungry. Two girls showed up, Gemma and Kimberly, but they only hung around for a couple of hours before they had to go to work. The empty bottles were building up now, and there was enough bottle caps in my garden to spell your name with.

By about 11, Wal took Laura up to the attic to pole her, and Tom had left. Kimberly and Gemma had gone, so it was only myself, Fos, Seb and his bird in my garden. Wal had been breaking my dad's pieces of wood to use as fire wood so the BBQ was still going. I tell ya, he, Fos and Seb were off their heads. They kept telling me not to worry, but with those three it's more like babysitting than having a laugh with your mates, heh. Wal was constantly putting stuff on the fire, even banana skins and ice cube trays.

Jay phoned to say he was coming over, but I told him not to bother since people were leaving. It was about 12 by that time. Seb and Wal had work the next day (work on a Sunday = devastating) so they left with their birds. Fos left too. I made sure the barbeque was out then went to bed.

Woke up feeling fine. Fos phoned me, said he felt totally knackered, and had found blood all over his shirt this morning. Since he didn't have it when he left mine, he probably fell over whilst walking home (wouldn't be the first time) Wal came by to help me clean up the garden, which was quite surprising. I think he felt guilty, since all the burn marks on the patio and on the grass are his fault. I'd already spent ages cleaning up the kitchen.

Well, it certainly was a crazy birthday. I reckon I had the equivilant of about 12 pints all together, but that was stretched out over almost 12 hours, so I had my senses about me. Everyone else was off their heads. The weather was a bit crap, which was a shame but there was still some sun. Everybody thought I was a right miserable kid because I was constantly trying to stop people destroying my garden. I always stay behind to help tidy up when I've been at someone else's place, and I'll never destroy stuff intentionally, but everybody went insane and then accused me of being too uptight. Seb's bird put it well by saying it's hard to have fun at your own place because you're too busy worrying about it, and with my friends, you need to worry. Everybody had a great time except me, I was too busy trying to stop people from tearing my place apart. My mates can be right *ahem*s when they've had a few. Still, I had a laugh.

Wal's already planning another BBQ here next weekend. I said we can have a drinking session, but with no fire involved this time. Not that I don't trust them...

Oh, and expect photos to be posted as soon as we get them developed and scanned in.
Sun 15/06/03 at 21:35
Regular
"That's right!"
More random stuff (it's all coming back to me)

Jay cooking pringles on the BBQ and eating them.

Wal and Fos prancing about with no shirts on.
Sun 15/06/03 at 21:22
Regular
"That's right!"
Other random stuff -

Seb and Wal throwing burgers (cooked and raw) onto my roof and into the neighbour's gardens.

Seb kicking a lettuce which exploded. My garden is covered with bits of lettuce.

Laura almost dying because being out in the garden with the smoke caused her asthma to play up, as well as her hayfever, and being in the house with all the cat hairs made her sneeze constantly. Some people have no luck.

Having to light the BBQs with rolled up pieces of paper from the hob because, on a day we were having a BBQ, nobody thought to get a lighter and/or matches, despite two trips to the shops. Said paper was extinguished in my pond.

Seb using the last of the lighter fluid to cause a HUGE fireball which set fire to the bushes next to the fence.

Fos wanting to put motor oil on the fire.

Just another day with my mates.
Sun 15/06/03 at 20:51
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> He said he never played with fire as a kid like everybody else,
> so he was making up for lost time.

I used to make the best fires in my garden. We used to line the bottom with wet newspaper to stop the pavement getting blackeded and we'd make a square out of bricks which we'd fill with newspaper.

We'd then use a cap (roll ones, remeber?) and a magnifying glass to pop it. When it popped it emitted a small flame and if we were lucky it would catch the paper and the whole lot would flame up.

Considering we wern't allowed to use matches, it was quite an ingenious way of starting fires without breaking the rules!

> By about 11, Wal took Laura up to the attic to pole her.

Bluntly put.

Nice.
Sun 15/06/03 at 20:48
Regular
"QPR 1974"
"Romeo, Romeo where art thou Romeo"

"In the bloody attic, come up and get a polin'"

Or something like that :)
Sun 15/06/03 at 20:40
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
Sounds like everyone had fun, except you...

how long did it take you to clean up the mess on the patio? Watch out for next weekend, or you might end up with burned house...
Sun 15/06/03 at 20:29
Regular
"That's right!"
Sfonĉ wrote:
> "By about 11, Wal took Laura up to the attic to pole her"

-------

Yes, it's the modern day equivilant of Romeo + Juliet, isn't it? We noticed they were missing, Fos said the attic light was on, I turned around and it was off. Turned back a second later and Laura was looking through the open window at us, waving. When I went into my room later on to get something, Wal's work boots were by the ladder to the attic and I could hear... "noises". Classic.
Sun 15/06/03 at 20:25
Regular
It should be Mr. G.

Oh yes.
Sun 15/06/03 at 20:25
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Romance quote of the week;-

"By about 11, Wal took Laura up to the attic to pole her"
Sun 15/06/03 at 20:22
Regular
"you've got a beard"
sounds like a cool one :)
enjoy 19 and remember, do it all again when ya hit 20!! :)
Sun 15/06/03 at 20:20
Regular
"That's right!"
No, we talk in code.

Wal, Fos, Jay, Seb and myself - G.

Real names are SO last week.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.