GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Website Hosting........ for free ^_^'"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/06/03 at 19:26
Regular
I am looking for a decent FREE webhost and having no luck. All of them have really mind numbing restrictions! Do you guys know of any good ones? Preferably without ads. and a fair bit of bandwidth. Thx
Sun 22/06/03 at 19:18
www.freeservers.co.uk
Sat 21/06/03 at 22:30
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
phi11ip wrote:
> I easily go through 10 gig a month, most probably more. Annoying that
> I've got no way to check it though.

But then you do have all your games hosted on there, as well as movies etc.

I host all that on BTopenworld, no bandwidth limit :D Just the main site content goes on my domain with staghosting.
Sat 21/06/03 at 22:29
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Hmm. Maybe if people stopped advertising StagHosting, less people would use it, and less resources would be taken from it. It's gonna do a portland soon.

Sounds like I'm being selfish. I am.
Sat 21/06/03 at 17:51
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Doughnut Monster© wrote:
> 100mb diskspace,
> 1gig bandwidth limit (allthough I can't see you using it all)

1 gig is bagger all!

I easily go through 10 gig a month, most probably more. Annoying that I've got no way to check it though.
Sat 21/06/03 at 13:53
"I hate that!!!"
www.staghosting.com

It's free,
they have everything you could ever need, 100mb diskspace,
1gig bandwidth limit (allthough I can't see you using it all)
supports most scripts,like cgi MYSQL

did I mention you get pop3 boxes, Squirrel mail (web based e-mail)

all they ask is that you put up at least one link to their site somewhere on your page. see dmonster.staghosting.com for an example
if however you want to be able to ask for more features like squirrel mail (which you have to ask for) they'll ask you to put another two links on your page.

they offer

you.staghosting.com

or you can host your domain name.

if they don't have what you need you could always ask nicely,
and if you need it they could probably increase your bandwidth limit/ disk space

they really are fantastic, and you don't have to pay a penny, other hosts that offer anything near this sorta stuff charge a fortune.
you should definately look into them.
Fri 20/06/03 at 19:11
www.20m.com it is brilliant, its said that you will get pop up ads but I have run a free website off them for quite a while and I have never seen or heard of any pop up ads. Number 1 chose for a free domain.
Mon 16/06/03 at 19:30
Regular
"Digging!"
www.portland.co.uk are pritty good. You can also get decent free subdomains e.g. http://whatever.port5.com
Mon 16/06/03 at 18:07
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
www.flatface.net

You gotta go through a pretty long sign-up procedure and there's no guarantee you'll get hosted, but if you do it's free, 100MB, no banners at all, and supports most scripts... I'm using it at the moment to host a number of sites.
Mon 16/06/03 at 07:58
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
http://www.digital-crocus.com/

You want a website available to the world?

Think you can afford less than 85p/month to get it?

Of course you can.

digital-crocus.com: we are your ox.
Sun 15/06/03 at 16:19
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
Yes true but when it comes down to "can i afford it" the answer IS no.Thx For the help guys. Post anymore that you might know. Many thx

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.