GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reasons for and against the monarchy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/06/03 at 00:01
Regular
I myself can only think of reasons against such a system

But apparently we need a head of state and they 'make' money from tourism and errr that's about it.

So lets have a discussion

God Save the Queen Mum
Fri 13/06/03 at 10:51
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I don't see the need for them at all.
They do nothing and the press just follow their every move and think that people really care.

They have loads of lands, castles/large buildings etc while there are loads of unemployed and homeless folk, they could move in with them.

In the past it worked, someone ruled and when they died the next stepped in, now its all talk of who would step in - Charles or Will? Who cares they don't do much anyway.
Fri 13/06/03 at 10:50
Regular
"8==="
How many student grants could you get out of the amount of money the royals get each year?

How much would that money help the NHS?

How much would that money help poor schools improve themselves?
Fri 13/06/03 at 10:46
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Yeah, the royals are good for tourism, but I recon they have it far too easy.

Firstly, the cash they get from the taxpayer to live like hogs. Completely unnecessary. Spend it somewhere else, like making our country better, or paying off the debts they made from their uncontrolled, mindless spending.

Second, cut out all but the immediate members of the royals' funding. The duke of skegness or whatever is not a tourist attraction, he is just in there through distant relation, and should not get govt money.

Thirdly, toffie nosed upper class twits who foxhunt and play polo should be slapped. Just because they have the cash to keep a lifestyle that keeps up with the royals, doesnt mean that they should. They look like muppets, they think they are better than the people who really work for this country, and they tempt royals to spend more tax money.

Remanufacture the royals as a tourism symbol, and get some business people in to guaruntee they make more than they spend, and get rid of this dumb, waste of cash tradition that they are now.
Fri 13/06/03 at 10:25
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
No! If you want to do a job, you've got to do it yourself.

*picks up his knife and slays Hedfix's neighbour*
Fri 13/06/03 at 10:11
Regular
"8==="
*Dons dyslexia glasses*

Sleigh's next door neighbour.

There wasn't enough snow. He didn't think it was a great idea.
Fri 13/06/03 at 10:07
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Hedfix wrote:
> *They're
>
> I need a bloody advisor.

I'll be your advisor. My advice? Slay your next door neighbour. He's an idiot.
Fri 13/06/03 at 10:06
Regular
"Double Dash!!!!!!!!"
Unbeliever wrote:
> Get rid of the monarchy. They're all Germans, anyway.
True
Fri 13/06/03 at 10:05
Regular
"8==="
*They're

I need a bloody advisor.
Fri 13/06/03 at 10:04
Regular
"8==="
Their ALL puppets. Who actually thinks the queen makes all her decisions without consulting advisers who give her a few nudges in the preferred direction?
Fri 13/06/03 at 09:35
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Make them fight each other for our respect and taxes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.