GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"28 Days"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/06/03 at 13:54
Regular
(sorry if there's a 28 days thread i missed)

has anyone else caught this movie yet??

i saw it last night and... WOW!!!!
it was all i could manage not to march straight back to the video store and demand my money back. what a disappointment.

for all the hype of it being the "best british horror for 20 years" (no others spring to mind but that's prolly just my memory :) ) i found it dull, slow and derivative.
The shopping scene was lifted from "Dawn of the Dead", right down to the semi-comedy music playing as it happens. when they stop for fuel one of them wanders off and is accosted by zombie kid, which he kills, this is straight out of "dawn..." as well.

it took a lifetime to get going (the last 20 minutes were ok) and no amount of imaginitive camera shots (i have to say that some of the cinematography was really good) can disguise the fact that this is passable at best and not in any way deserving of the hype.

is there an underlying greatness in this movie that i'm missing (like the Matrix, which i still think is simply "alright") or is it actually bad?

any thoughts?
Thu 12/06/03 at 11:09
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I didn't much care for 28 Days Later. It had it's moments, which were few and far between, but I think it's a tad overrated. Give me the Romero trilogy any day of the week.
Thu 12/06/03 at 11:04
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Goatboy wrote:
> I thought 28 Days Later was superb.
> Yes, those two scenes were lifted from Dawn of The Dead. As was the
> "pet" zombie/infected from Day of The Dead.
> Commentary with Alex Garland, the writer, explains how he loved those
> movies and wanted to include a couple of nods to Romero's movies.

ahhhhh, ok...
i got the video so didn't get the extra commentaries and stuff...
i'm all for references to other movies and stuff but i still don't like 28 days :)
Thu 12/06/03 at 07:49
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Kyz22 wrote:
> If a pensioner looked exactly like J'lo, would it be wrong then?

No bloody way. But it's a matter of whether her Menstrual cycle is still working :D
Thu 12/06/03 at 01:48
Regular
"cachoo"
28 Days Later isn't that bad. Although I couldn't watch it over and over again like other movies I like. But it's pretty good.
Creepy too.. I hate the way they run.. Ewwww
Wed 11/06/03 at 16:12
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
32 isn’t that old. Jennifer Aniston is older then that and I wouldn’t say no to her.
Wed 11/06/03 at 16:06
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
If a pensioner looked exactly like J'lo, would it be wrong then?
Wed 11/06/03 at 15:51
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Old as in pensioner
Wed 11/06/03 at 15:50
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Goatboy wrote:
> Actually, I spent last night (unplanned) with a lady of 32. Now you
> may go "Ewwwwwww", but hell that's only a couple years older
> than I.
> And she was goddamn fit.
>
> But I dont like old-love.

Why would anyone have a problem with being with an older woman providing she doesn't sag or doesn't have kids and looks decent.

*shrugs*
Wed 11/06/03 at 15:39
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yeah. It's frightening, and the tv moves too quick and I dont understand what kids say anymore.

In my day, "bad" was good, "ill" was fit and "wicked" meant brilliantly good.
And you could buy 20 Bensons for £2.45
*sobs*

Where's my dinner?
Wed 11/06/03 at 15:35
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Aren't you getting to that age now when you worry about dying alone, and when meals on wheels is coming round?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.