GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Racists have vandalised the local synagogue"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/06/03 at 10:01
Regular
I think it's high time we adopted the US's "three strikes" policy - get charged 3 times and you get life - , and introduced zero tolerance policing across the country, and lowered the age where we believe children are responsible for actions to about 5.

If you can throw bricks from bridges and shoplift then I personally don't give a toss how old you are.
Tue 10/06/03 at 17:04
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Miserableman wrote:
> This was about 7 years ago, the tramps have been and gone :o

Did they leave a thankyou note?
Tue 10/06/03 at 16:58
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Blank wrote:
> How long before the tramps turned up? Rich pickings for them I
> imagine.

This was about 7 years ago, the tramps have been and gone :o
Mon 09/06/03 at 19:12
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Miserableman wrote:
> I knew a guy like that at school, one of the most unpleasant sh*ts you
> could possibly hope to meet, a real boil on the anus of humanity. One
> night he got so drunk with his Kev mates (at the age of 15) he decided
> it would be a good laugh to lick the live rail.
>
> Apparantly, his corpse was too hot to touch when his mates got there,
> and some say his eyeballs had melted.

How long before the tramps turned up? Rich pickings for them I imagine.
Mon 09/06/03 at 17:09
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I knew a guy like that at school, one of the most unpleasant sh*ts you could possibly hope to meet, a real boil on the anus of humanity. One night he got so drunk with his Kev mates (at the age of 15) he decided it would be a good laugh to lick the live rail.

Apparantly, his corpse was too hot to touch when his mates got there, and some say his eyeballs had melted. Consider this a touch harsh if you like, but WAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHA!!!~!

It couldn't have happened to a more deserving fellow, lets say.
Mon 09/06/03 at 16:31
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Unbeliever wrote:
> No, you can get taken to court for dropping litter or being drunk and
> disorderly - it's happened to my friend once.
>
> Anyway, don't skirt around the subject - answer the question. Would
> that feel justified to you?

Probably not, having grown up in a time when staying within the law is seen as an option rather than the rule. The fact is that you, and many others, would view those crimes as not anything worth bothering about, unless someone you knew was ran over by a speeding driver of hurt by a drunken idiot etc. The law is the law, if anyone goes outside the law then they deserve what they get.

The fact is I've been brought up to not do the things you say, and if that were the case for more people then we would not have the problems with law and order that we have now.

You think I'm bad for wanting three strikes ? The BNP is calling for capital punishment, hanging and all sorts of things. Crime is one of the areas, one of many, that this government is weak on, and that will be exploited by others come next elections.
Mon 09/06/03 at 15:50
Regular
"Plate of glue"
I hate people that go around with their friends graffiting anything they please.

That happened to a swimming pool called the dolphin. It is tottally vandilised and most of romford marked is coverd in paint.

There was on person that was into every bad thing you could do at his age.
(I did feel sorry for him though) He was smoking and his dad was into drugs and his mum had run away. Though he was a right p!ll0ck! Any way he got goaded on by his friends to go and burn some boxes down an alley.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
HE GOT BURNED! TOTTALLY DESERVED IT!
Mon 09/06/03 at 15:33
Regular
"wow"
I don't understand why people do this, why don't they just enjoy life, havn't they got anything better to do?
Mon 09/06/03 at 15:31
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
No, you can get taken to court for dropping litter or being drunk and disorderly - it's happened to my friend once.

Anyway, don't skirt around the subject - answer the question. Would that feel justified to you?
Mon 09/06/03 at 15:25
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Unbeliever wrote:
> What about if you were driving a bit too fast and got caught by a
> speed camera? What if that was your third offence? (The first two
> being minor criminal offences like being drunk and disorderly or
> dropping litter.)

You don't go to court for speed camera things, you just get a letter if it is the first/second time and you pay a fine. As I understand it the three strikes thing is for people who are found guilty of crimes in a court of law. Similarly dropping litter would be a fine, not court in all but the most excessive cases.

> What if you were then tried and (using your own prognosis) were then
> convicted for 30 years? How would you feel? Would you still argue that
> it was just and correct?

1. Don't drink when I go out.
2. I use bins for rubbish.
3. I always stay in the speed limit.

As it is they are bad examples as only the first is possibly going to end up in court anyway.
Mon 09/06/03 at 14:34
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
A lot of people think that most crime is actually linked together in some way or another.

For instance, people in this thread have talked about “petty crime”, such as vandalism. People have said that the majority of these kinds of crimes are committed by minors, and that therefore the perpetrators get away scot free.

The problem is that this is the way a lot of the kids think as well. They believe that they are just going to get a slap on the wrists and be told not to do it again, and in the short term this is all that will happen. But, what they don’t think about is that it all goes on their record. This will affect them in the future and in more then one way.

If they commit again in the future they may be given a more serious punishment, and that is the problem they may be aware of. However, because a lot of this vandalism is done by young “bored” kids, as they grow older they realize that they don’t want to be doing it anymore and will smarten up their act a little. A perfect example was given by Ortega I think it was earlier in the thread.

The problem being, if they were caught and they “let off” when they were kids, and it has been put on their permanent records, these people will now struggle to find themselves a really profitable career. Any job which requires security checks, (and I believe there are quite a few), the companies are now hardly going to want to take these people on, are they?

This is where some people believe that the early crime may make them turn to worse crime as an adult. No longer because they are bored, but because they don’t wish to work in a dead end job for little money…

Did anyone watch that program on BBC1 the other day? It was about the use of CCTV camera’s in the fight against vandalism.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.