GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why has Nintendo released Resident Evil on Gamecube?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/06/03 at 14:07
Regular
The Gamcube was not really aimed at older gamers it was aimed at younger ones SO WHY BRING BLOODTHIRSTY GORE ON GAMECUBE. Is it because they are not making enough cash with young gamers and trying to project it at older gamers someone please try and make sense.
Wed 18/06/03 at 19:58
Regular
"Proffesional Eejit."
yey very metal.
Wed 18/06/03 at 11:26
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Ratz wrote:
> The Gamcube was not really aimed at older gamers it was aimed at
> younger ones SO WHY BRING BLOODTHIRSTY GORE ON GAMECUBE.

because it'll sell well.
obviously.
and it should've been "...gore TO gamecube" :P
;)

Is it because
> they are not making enough cash with young gamers and trying to
> project it at older gamers someone please try and make sense.

that's ridiculous. it makes NO business sense whatseover to aim a console at such a rigid demographic. By having games that appeal to young gamers and others that appeal to older gamer (a lot appeal to BOTH age groups.. Monkey Ball anyone? :) ) the target audience has been greatly increased, making the whole thing more profitable for everyone.
hurrah.

glaringly obvious :)
Tue 17/06/03 at 21:00
Regular
"Proffesional Eejit."
Ratz wrote:
> Cyclone is right. I was puzzeled when Resident Evil moved to the
> gamecube it has always been better on the Ps1.

I thought that too. I think nintendo might benifit from releasing it on their third console,that X-box doodah. They've given it a run on both of heir other cosoles.

Come on ninty! release Resi on X-box!

*stiffles laughter*
Tue 17/06/03 at 21:00
Regular
"Proffesional Eejit."
Ratz wrote:

I thought that too. I think nintendo might benifit from releasing it on their third console,that X-box doodah. They've given it a run on both of heir other cosoles.

Come on ninty! release Resi on X-box!

*stiffles laughter*
Tue 17/06/03 at 12:13
Regular
"8==="
*think

Balls.
Tue 17/06/03 at 12:12
Regular
"8==="
*trying

I was trying to say 'trying'.

Doh!
Tue 17/06/03 at 12:11
Regular
"8==="
Ratz wrote:

I thikn you've missed what Cyclone was tring to say. Read it again.
Tue 17/06/03 at 12:03
Regular
Ratz wrote:
> The Gamcube was not really aimed at older gamers it was aimed at
> younger ones SO WHY BRING BLOODTHIRSTY GORE ON GAMECUBE. Is it because
> they are not making enough cash with young gamers and trying to
> project it at older gamers someone please try and make sense.

Firstly, this is not the first time that Nintendo has released Resident Evil. It appeared on the N64 (and the Sega Dreamcast)- their versions just didn't get as much coverage as Playstation's. Secondly, Nintendo is not adverse to publishing games with mature content- they are not afraid to show red blood nowadays- they ARE adverse to publishing games that are of questionable morals though. Resident Evil is violent in parts, yes, but the hero never does anything they're not supposed to- killing mutant zombie creatures to save the world is not entirely bad and would not really crop up in real life. The content of Grand Theft Auto is a lot more gratuitious- its treatment of women and the killing of random passerbys for no reason is distasteful and can make some stupid people think this is a normal way to behave. Also, I am 24 and, although I realise a lot of the games and the design of the system appeal to younger people, I find a lot more maturity in a game like Super Mario Sunshine, Zelda: The Wind Waker or Metroid Prime than in the supposed more 'mature' (actually more immature) big guns and explosions that crop up more frequently on other systems.
Tue 17/06/03 at 11:23
Regular
Cyclone is right. I was puzzeled when Resident Evil moved to the gamecube it has always been better on the Ps1.
Thu 12/06/03 at 22:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Why has Nintendo released it on GC?

I'm puzzled too. Surely it would be their other console, that PS2 thing......

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.