GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SEGA RAMBLINGS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/02/01 at 23:59
Regular
Maybe it's time the world woke up to see how good Sega's games really are - put any of the recent EA Sports titles up against the Sega equivelant (excluding Sega's Worldwide Soccer series...) and you'll see which company are producing the best games.
For a while now, Dreamcast owners have had the luxury of exclusivity - all of Sega's genial had been released solely for them (us!), but now it's the rest of the gaming world's turn to experience NBA 2K1, NFL 2K1 (or even 2K2), Virtua Tennis 2 and many more.

Give me one EA game that betters Virtua Tennis and I will personally write a letter of apology to EA themselves - apologising for not buying any of their games...

I think that as Sega encroach themselves into a market dominating position of Sony's PS2 (i.e. having the most games sales of PS2 Sega games) it could see the fall of EA - possibly making them jump ship to the disgruntled XBox.

Who knows - maybe one day EA will be taking 'how to treat your customers with the respect they deserve' training course at Sega HQ (or maybe not...) and maybe one day Sega will tell us what on earth the PACE STB is going to do for the gaming front - yeah it'll be compatible with existing and future DC games - but how many future DC games are there?

These questions will be answered - perhaps. As we edge nearer into the next generation world, people with mere PSones will be frowned upon by the upmarket XBox owner - Nintendo will be kidding itself if it thinks Pokemon will sell another game - identical all but in colour. Sega will be rivalling BT to get premier league coverage on their Set top boxes, while, in the backstreets of Suburbia Panasonic will be readying their new market capturing new console - the 4DO...

Rest in the hope that Crazy Taxi 2 will be an exclusive for you.
Thu 12/03/09 at 17:24
While we did look at the IT products used by other companies, in competing markets, we effectively threw the rulebook out of the window and decided to work from the ground upwards. Rather than match existing software we decided to look at it through 'new eyes' and make it truly groundbreaking. We have gone the extra mile and ensured that the system has a great deal of redundancy built-in and it will continue to develop and adapt over future years.

The technologies used are truly staggering and involve the latest ideas and developments available today. We employed four graduate programmers for 18 months who were dedicated totally to it.

The main data is stored on replicated twin Windows 2003 Enterprise Servers running MS-SQL databases. These are front-ended with IIS. Web pages on the IIS are dynamically created using ASP for data entry. SOAP is used to exchange data using database replication with Linux servers at remote multiple sites. Mobile devices are used for data capture at the hub and depots, again sending data to the main servers using SOAP.

All data arrives at the hub and depots within a few minutes, making the system truly real-time.

We thank everyone involved for their patience and look forward to continuing the development.

Norman Bailey
Thu 08/02/01 at 18:03
Give Evolution a whirl, maybe avoid Silver though...

Why don't you steer away from the RPG scene and go for something like Space Channel 5 - instantly fun! Maybe Crazy Taxi or something.
Thu 08/02/01 at 18:00
(you could always try and find some1 who wants it!)

Oh 5 you say...

I'm not entirely sure which games slot into the RPG area, but there are a lot of them coming out soon.

PSO as you say.

Skies of Arcadia - USA import is available, but it'll be here soon.

Grandia 2. You know this'll be good.

(Sonic adventure 2 doesn't count does it)

Soldier of Fortune (what's this?)

PSO will be enough to keep you occupied...

Dan...

www.dooyoo.co.uk front page hall of fame....

:)
Thu 08/02/01 at 00:20
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Apart from Shenmue and PSO, name 5 decent RPG's on the DC for me, someone, please?

I got one yesterday with MSR and Shenmue. MSR rocks, but it's a bit like doing the licences on Gran Turismo permanently. (Arrrrrgh!!).

Shenmue on the other hand will take a bit of getting into methinks, but plays well for the half hour that I was trying it out for.

But I need RPG's. Any good suggestions?

(Oh, and sorry Dan, I didn't realise you had one for sale or else I'd have snapped it up.)
Wed 07/02/01 at 23:33
Nice one mate - it'll be astonishing value really - £150 for a console that is better than the PS2 and has amazing games bundled with it!!

I need to sell mine to someone quickly though...
Wed 07/02/01 at 22:11
Regular
Might think about a DC if i do well in GCE's.
Wed 07/02/01 at 22:10
yes Sniper - it is.
Wed 07/02/01 at 21:43
Regular
Is PSO the RPG to own?
Wed 07/02/01 at 21:38
Nice.

Shame about Sonic Team - finally being unleashed so that the rest of 'humanity' can absorb their wonder.

Bring on PSO, that's what I say!!
Dreamcast is still for sale...
Wed 07/02/01 at 21:34
Regular
Rareware!

Hurrah for Rareware.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.