GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-box for how long???"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/02/01 at 18:56
Regular
I just got the news from upwire at my e-mail address that the X-box name has already been used by a company in Florida. There are legal battles approaching.
The Florida company is so small that Microsoft will probably get the name eventually, but if not, what else could it be called given that there`s already the big green X on the top?
X-machine and X-device are very cheesy/stupid. Any others?
Wed 07/02/01 at 18:45
"Someting new like Cut-Edge, Edge-Com... InterSlice..." - Homer Simpson

Homer's final buisness name was 'Internet King'. He kept his pencils in a blob of butter and didn't know the internet was on computers... :lol!
Wed 07/02/01 at 18:39
Anybody heard Tom Jones' Sex-Bomb?!?

>X-Box, X-Box, BUY AN X-BOX!
>And mabye you can turn it on!
Wed 07/02/01 at 18:14
Regular
X marks the spot?
aXelerate?
sex box?
Wed 07/02/01 at 15:02
"High polygon count"
> Does anyone remember the name of Homer's e-business?

No, but I think it was quite long, and fairly meaningless!
Wed 07/02/01 at 14:45
"Darkness, always"
Microsoft will more than likely rename the console and claim that X-Box was a working title.

-IB
Wed 07/02/01 at 14:45
Regular
"not dead"
Indeed yes.

Does anyone remember the name of Homer's e-business?
Wed 07/02/01 at 14:40
"High polygon count"
> Though I do
> think if anything it shows Microsoft's arrogant attitude because of
> their situation in the market place.

"If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em"

Anyone remember that episode of The Simpsons where Billy-boy "buys out" Homer's internet company...?
Wed 07/02/01 at 13:07
I won't get into the Americans are stupid argument. Though I do think if anything it shows Microsoft's arrogant attitude because of their situation in the market place.

Ever seen the Microsoft Monopoly game? ;-)
Wed 07/02/01 at 13:00
I know whats going to happen. Microsoft will just buty the company, then rename it or something. They bought Bungie so Halo would be and X-Box only game. This whole thing just shows how stupid americans are, you would have though that they would have checked to see if the name was already in use. I think X-Box is a pants name anyway. It'll be an amazing machine though!

Ingsy
Wed 07/02/01 at 12:49
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Going back to the point of this topic, I'd be surprised if Microsoft could win in the courts. It seems fairly straight forward that X-Box Technologies registered the name 2 1/2 years before Microsoft and therefore there appears to be a clear breach of copyright!
Microsoft don't want to change the name as it's now a 'brand' and X-Box technologies don't want to be associated with a 'childrens toy'!!

Microsoft can release the console, but if they lose in the courts they'll have to may a massive fine (Billions?) and withdraw the X-Box from sale to rename it.
The whole court process could take years - and MS seem to be caught over a barrel.....
Where can Bill go?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.